• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
My record kills (39) was in this: http://dotabuff.com/matches/418525399

It was in the "very high" skill bracket and I remember it being way too stressful.

I was just thinking about how much I enjoy being in the low level of matchmaking because I got 39 kills in my first Riki game. I don't know shit about Dota, but I know enough about this kind of game so I'm comfortable playing almost any carry and playing safe until I can do whatever the hell I want. It's gonna be a real sad day when I'm matched against people who know how to put a stop to that before it becomes a problem

Honestly the more games you play probably the less likely you are to have a game like that. Myself and all my Dota-playing friends had their most kills ever in a game way back when they started playing.

My personal best is from over a year ago. I find that as time has gone on there's a much larger focus on pushing and ending the game so you don't throw it. Back in WC3 DotA I remember people would drag games out to basically torture their opponents and rack up as many kills as possible. It seems people wisen up as time goes on and just want to get a game over rather than risk a colossal throw. There are definitely some diamonds in the rough though; example 1, example 2, example 3.

I find that stomps I'm on the giving side of tend to be 20-30 minute games where I get ~10 kills and very few deaths.

lol in 3200 games I've never had more than 25 kills

Mine is 23. Usually the games are over by then though...

My best one was 20-0-8 Viper. Normally those things stop happing the more you play because it becomes less likely people are that bad. Without someone throwing on purpose though.

Man, I'm really liking Ember atm. Maybe I'll just play 10 matches straight with him. >_>

I was spectating DrKirby and the enemy Legion Commander was stuck as a Sheep/Goat all game lol

2048x1152.resizedimage

2048x1152.resizedimage

2048x1152.resizedimage

Atlantis

Jesus man, 39 kills in "very high" skill with Riki, one of the more easily counterable pubstompers, and they even had one of your worst counters...

Proving that 'Very High' doesn't mean much I guess. Love that Vanguard Dark Seer and Mjollnir Venomancer.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
riki's winrate is basically the same on very high and normal (52.xx%). riki being "an easily counterable pubstomper" is a myth

http://dotametrics.wordpress.com/2014/05/29/6-81-hero-stats-kinda/

He seems like he's easily counterable, but whether you can get a full team to walk around together with CC and vision available at quick reaction to the guy who jumps out at the squishiest hero around isn't exactly the easiest ask no matter what level you're playing at. Unless it's a tournament with serious money on the line, it's still more fun to test your luck and farm up while hoping Riki is on the other side of the map. But then again, as I admitted, I don't know shit about dota.

Chris R

Most kills I've ever had was on Veno. Almost a year ago too (aka in my first month of playing)

Didn't level plague wards until 21 to go with my sweet S&Y/Satanic/Aghs/Shadow Blade setup.

Wok

Honestly the more games you play probably the less likely you are to have a game like that. Myself and all my Dota-playing friends had their most kills ever in a game way back when they started playing.

I had the most kills in my first games (as Lich).

ujsPEKD.jpg

Edit: Ah, no, it has changed, it is with Spectre now.

ZeroX03

Banned
I had the most kills in my first games (as Lich).

ujsPEKD.jpg

Edit: Ah, no, it has changed, it is with Spectre now.

Haha, getting lots of Ultimate Orbs because you don't understand the items and just read the stats. I did the same thing when I started playing,.

cTVXLgM.jpg

Pretty decent comeback (~7k deficit i think) in a game I definitely did not think we could take late and win with me as the only right-click threat vs PL, Tinker and Slar. But because the whole team was so behind (@25 minutes dagon 1 +no blink Nyx, offlane bristle with just vanguard, jungle Bat with just boots and blink), we really couldn't push much and had to wait. I believe I only died once after the 30 minute mark.

Lesson: don't neglect to buy your BKB's, kids. That shit saved me several times from blink initiations. Also, keep encouraging teammates as much as possible.

Also,
hush.gif
's silence is pretty good against a shit-ton of heroes.

Even without the permanent invis, Riki is still an agility carry that can get a ton of utility out of diffusal blade and has a blink and a silence. There's just other carries that are better, but it's not like Riki becomes completely useless if the other team buys sentries and dust.

Even without the permanent invis, Riki is still an agility carry that can get a ton of utility out of diffusal blade and has a blink and a silence. There's just other carries that are better, but it's not like Riki becomes completely useless if the other team buys sentries and dust.
The Diffusal > BKB build is fine if the other team absolutely hates you from minute 1 onward. Just pop BKB and dive on people like a regular melee carry.

cTVXLgM.jpg

Pretty decent comeback (~7k deficit i think) in a game I definitely did not think we could take late and win with me as the only right-click threat vs PL, Tinker and Slar. But because the whole team was so behind (@25 minutes dagon 1 +no blink Nyx, offlane bristle with just vanguard, jungle Bat with just boots and blink), we really couldn't push much and had to wait. I believe I only died once after the 30 minute mark.

Lesson: don't neglect to buy your BKB's, kids. That shit saved me several times from blink initiations. Also, keep encouraging teammates as much as possible.

Also,
hush.gif
's silence is pretty good against a shit-ton of heroes.

bb gets +60 with 3 stacks of lvl 1 warpath. that's more damage than sf at lvl 6 (+56). and that's not taking into account that bb can get as much as +100 with it the ult at lvl 1. he can get as much as +210 with max stacks at lvl 16. and there's also the -armor from nasal goo and the + movement speed.

if that's not a right clicker, i don't know what is. and quill spray is also physical damage

Nymerio

The Diffusal > BKB build is fine if the other team absolutely hates you from minute 1 onward. Just pop BKB and dive on people like a regular melee carry.

I've had some great games on Riki even when sentries were constantly up. I think the mistake a lot of players (at least in my shit tiear) make is, that they start roaming at six and if the other team has sentries or dust they don't get anything done and start to fall behind. Then they try to force something and never farm anything and at that point they become useless. If you can farm a couple of items he seems like a pretty good carry to me, even if they have detection. You just have to focus the right people and remember that you can purge dust.

bb gets +60 with 3 stacks of lvl 1 warpath. that's more damage than sf at lvl 6 (+56). and that's not taking into account that bb can get as much as +100 with it the ult at lvl 1. he can get as much as +210 with max stacks at lvl 16. and there's also the -armor from nasal goo and the + movement speed.

if that's not a right clicker, i don't know what is. and quill spray is also physical damage
ehhhh

He certainly was able to do his job, but he's not a right-click hero. He simply doesn't fit the definition. He's a Damage Over Time hero and a tank, and a damn good one. But if that team were to burst me down (which is what I expected to see happening), Bristle with that build wasn't exactly going to wreck faces. He's going to turn around and hope he has enough tankiness to make them hurt. We won team fights on the strength of Batrider initiations, Nyx multi-stuns, bristle tanking PL, shaman hexes, multi-hero silences, and me being able to 3-shot Seer and Chen, while kiting Slardar orb walking frost arrows.

manfestival

I want to succeed as dragon knight but I feel like he takes way too long in normal play to come online to be really effective. It may be my item choices but I dont know. any advice?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I want to succeed as dragon knight but I feel like he takes way too long in normal play to come online to be really effective. It may be my item choices but I dont know. any advice?

At level 6 press R and then right click on buildings. Boom, you're online.

I've had some great games on Riki even when sentries were constantly up. I think the mistake a lot of players (at least in my shit tiear) make is, that they start roaming at six and if the other team has sentries or dust they don't get anything done and start to fall behind. Then they try to force something and never farm anything and at that point they become useless. If you can farm a couple of items he seems like a pretty good carry to me, even if they have detection. You just have to focus the right people and remember that you can purge dust.

They also need to realize that Riki will lose a 1v1 manfight with another carry that has similar farm, since his damage isn't that good unless the target is disabled or running away. I guess the upside is that the Riki usually has enough time to realize it's going poorly and escape.

Grakl

Does anyone know when the Valve secret store will update? I want some of that TI4 swag.

edit: apparently dragonclaw hooks are like $200 each now? lol why did I trade mine so long ago

http://dotabuff.com/matches/791882652

My preferred build. Sometimes with a heart instead of AC; just depends. Watch to get an idea of item purchase order. For this approach, ancient stacking is important, as is going to take your stack as soon as you have level 2 dragon.

Falk

that puzzling face

ehhhh

He certainly was able to do his job, but he's not a right-click hero. He simply doesn't fit the definition. He's a Damage Over Time hero and a tank, and a damn good one. But if that team were to burst me down (which is what I expected to see happening), Bristle with that build wasn't exactly going to wreck faces. He's going to turn around and hope he has enough tankiness to make them hurt. We won team fights on the strength of Batrider initiations, Nyx multi-stuns, bristle tanking PL, shaman hexes, multi-hero silences, and me being able to 3-shot Seer and Chen, while kiting Slardar orb walking frost arrows.

Best part about playing Bristleback in the trench

Tenck

My preferred DK build is treads, helm, BKB, satanic. Fit an armlet in there if you want early, but try to finish it up with either daedulus or AC if you go into the late game.

I try to finish games fast as DK. His pushing power is crazy good and you need to take advantage of it. If you stack ancients you get items pretty fast.

markot

Banned
So I tried my first ranked game and it crashed late on as we were about to lose. Apparently people can make the server crash at will?
Also I think my favourite is Zeus. Where is his cosmetic crap?!

Dragon Knight was the hero that really first made me realize how important stats are. I didn't really pay attention to items that didn't give good abilities or passives, but just having items that give him a lot of strength helps a ton, because his active abilities aren't particularly great.

I'm still really ass at that hero, though. I'm guessing soul ring is a pretty niche build for him but I find him really difficult to play without it.

Arkanius

Dragon Knight was the hero that really first made me realize how important stats are. I didn't really pay attention to items that didn't give good abilities or passives, but just having items that give him a lot of strength helps a ton, because his active abilities aren't particularly great.

I'm still really ass at that hero, though. I'm guessing soul ring is a pretty niche build for him but I find him really difficult to play without it.

I always buy a Soul Ring for him in the lane. Spamming max level Dragons Breath early in the game is awesome.

Demoli

Try and take him mid. His spells seem underwhelming, but Dragon Tail is one of the best stuns in the game in Dragon Form, it's a beastmaster shout every 10s. And breathe fire is a great lane control spell aswel. Take tower early and win games.

I like bottle threads Drums BKB, but Shadow Blade and Mjorlnir are also great.

Usobuko

Banned
Here's hoping all the LoL professional teams won't branch out to Dota 2. Would be a cold day in hell if TSM joins the bandwagon now that Curse expressed their interest in the scene.

I don't wanna see people not making the cut as Dota 2 tier 3 players, subsequently bailed to LoL, and returning as managers of Dota 2 professional teams.

Here's hoping all the LoL professional teams won't branch out to Dota 2. Would be a cold day in hell if TSM joins the bandwagon now that Curse expressed their interest in the scene.

I don't wanna see people not making the cut as Dota 2 tier 3 players, subsequently bailed to LoL, and returning as managers of Dota 2 professional teams.

Too many acronyms

TSM?
who is curse? tier 3?

can someone explain to me what he is saying:p

Top Bottom