• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

manfestival

15942-dota2_courier_sw01.png

O lawd I want this courier!

Einbroch

Banned
It's been like three years, it's never coming.

As games get more and more popular, more and more casual/popular ideas get implemented.

Not to say that /ff will ever be in Dota (nor that I want it), but as the game grows the option actually gets more likely.

Arthur Gies really needs to stop writing.
A 5/5 vote is the only thing that ever has a chance to be implemented.

I don't think anything of that kind is ever going to get implemented, but 5/5 would be the only one I'd be semi okay with. Even then though you'd get situations in which 4/5 give up on the game and try to make the game as unplayable as they can for the 5th until he also gives up.

I'm already tired enough of people giving up on a game when they can't lane where they want/can't play the hero they want/someone gives up first blood. The 1 out of a thousand games in which a team keeps fountain farming for way too long aren't enough of an argument to implement this.

Pratfall

I guess the Goose didn't watch TI4?

He mentions the LGD DK game in the article. I'm no Gies defender and I don't think a surrender option is right for Dota but I do not think you have to be a crazy idiot to consider that a surrender option might be a positive thing.

Yeah my experience this weekend of all but 1 of my games ending with my team sitting in the fountain for 15 minutes while we waited for the other team to end it sure says there's no reason for DotA to have a surrender option.
15 Minutes huh? Link em. Also you can alt-tab and move your character every minute or so, or if you can't take that just abandon. The cons outweigh the pros by far.
I guess the Goose didn't watch TI4?

Too busy calling QoP of Pain a sexist design

eznark

Banned
He mentions the LGD DK game in the article. I'm no Gies defender and I don't think a surrender option is right for Dota but I do not think you have to be a crazy idiot to consider that a surrender option might be a positive thing.

I was actually referring to the number of surrenders before a rax was even down. Ruined a lot of the event, imo

it exists at the level it needs to, the pros know when its over

the morons that mostly fill this game have no fucking clue so dont give them that tool ever please

might is not good enough to ruin it for everyone else

and good luck finding the magic line where people stop being idiots

5500+ mmr?

Could have it at 30 minutes instead of 20. Most games are decided by then, for those that want to carry on they would.

Edit: I won't post any more on this, we've had this discussions so many times.

Pratfall

I was actually referring to the number of surrenders before a rax was even down. Ruined a lot of the event, imo

Right. But I think the argument from most of the community is that those GGs are fine because they are pros and know when a game is unwinnable. I think the argument against the GG isn't that GGs make for boring short games, it's that it removes the possibility for heroic comebacks like LGD DK.

it exists at the level it needs to, the pros know when its over

the morons that mostly fill this game have no fucking clue so dont give them that tool ever please

I am in agreement here and I think a GG option isn't right for pub dota, but I think this is hardly evident to the people starting out in the game who are getting fountain camped for 20 minutes. I am just reacting to people who are totally incredulous even at the mere mention of a surrender option. I know the argument is stale in the dota 2 online communities but I doubt most of the people who play dota have had a ton of exposure to it.

shadow shaman buttmad for some reason, decides to buy wards all game and put them in his stash. we had no vision the entire game. and then people pretend the report system isn't actually a joke

these people shouldn't be allowed to queue for a game. jesus fucking christ

edit: people shouldn't be forced to waste their time on a game they don't want to play. and the pros judge games based on how they would play, not the way 2k mmr players you're playing with are gonna do things. anyone who is against concede doesn't value their time. probably 13 year olds

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
"So, any details of how teams will qualify? I know the Summit 1 was a bit convoluted on paper. "

"Last time was 2 invites and 4 qualifier slots. This time will be a bit different; more info to be announced soon!"

Geez, thanks LD, such info.

shadow shaman buttmad for some reason, decides to buy wards all game and put them in his stash. we had no vision the entire game. and then people pretend the report system isn't actually a joke

these people shouldn't be allowed to queue for a game. jesus fucking christ

edit: people shouldn't be forced to waste their time on a game they don't want to play. and the pros judge games based on how they would play, not the way 2k mmr players you're playing with are gonna do things. anyone who is against concede doesn't value their time. probably 13 year olds

I agree. At the very least, players should be given the OPTION to search for games that have a surrender function.

People that cry for a surrender option are fucking retarded

There IS A SURRENDER OPTION IN GAME

Its called abandoning and going to LPQ

The game tries to make you stay and finish games, but if you dont want to thats your own priority

If you want to leave..just disconnect. Working fine as is.

I actually agree with Gabe's / the team's decision on no surrender, now, finally. After 3 years. I did not at first. But its intent is correct.

Wok

Surrendering is weak. If someone wants to leave, he can abandon the game and face with the consequences. Surendring is abandoning with no consequence.

Zoon

fuck that, dota has already enough quitters and others that say gg and start feeding after a lost teamfight sub 10 minutes.

Aselith

NEWWWWWWWWWWWWPPPP. Just as an example, I had a game last night where we were down all raxes AND one of our towers on the ancient and the other team was only down their mid raxes. And they were strong, very strong. Now any rational person says game over and waves the white flag but instead we fought them off three times in a row barely surviving, barely killing the megacreeps. Then the third time they came calling we teamwiped them and pushed down middle and won the game fighting them off while we were on destroying the ancient at the same time. That shit just doesn't happen in League that I've seen.

NEWWWWWWWWWWWWPPPP. Just as an example, I had a game last night where we were down all raxes AND one of our towers on the ancient and the other team was only down their mid raxes. And they were strong, very strong. Now any rational person says game over and waves the white flag but instead we fought them off three times in a row barely surviving, barely killing the megacreeps. Then the third time they came calling we teamwiped them and pushed down middle and won the game fighting them off while we were on destroying the ancient at the same time. That shit just doesn't happen in League that I've seen.

There are indeed some games which are absolute STOMPS and in those games you kinda want the ability to end the game. But I agree, a consistent lead doesn't necessarily last. Even an underfarmed team can manage a comeback if they play well and that usually happens the most in high-ground defenses.

Madouu

Smart courier option: if I'm putting an item on the courier while making it bring me some other item, give transfer priority to the item it's ferrying and not the one I originally had and that I just put onto it.

Top Bottom