• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

KingKong

Ripperoni Navi

PbOGkPd.jpg

is that Russian 4chan?

Wok

Thanks to reddit, I have learnt a few facts about Kunkka.

Item build:
Battlefury 12-14, blink around 16-18 and daedalus between 22 and 28, those timing really depend on the game and how it flows.

Starting items : Stout shield Gauntlets of strength 2 branch 1 tango. Mid to late game items : Phaseboot-BF-Blink-Daedalus and I keep buying daedalus until I have 3 of them. Super late game (60+mins) : Sell BF, Get divine. or 1 more divine if required. I would also get a divine if I am losing a game and there is no way to comeback from it other than a lucky tidebringer swing.

My item build is the same in every game, the only change I can bring is by buying a BKB instead of a second or third daedalus, it works well for me but it's just a glass cannon type of build. My skill build is mostly going for max tidebringer and skipping x, but I would get x sometimes early on if it's required more than the tidebringer / torrent.

I did a lot of experiments with this hero, i've tried going MKB-Assault-Abyssal-Heart-Daedalus, and many other builds that I don't even remember. The only thing that made me stop getting those items is because I feel you are pretending to be a carry with Kunkka, You would lose against any real carry with the same items, for example PA or Void or WK or CK, the list goes on, and that's why I feel this build is better for my playstyle. I also go mid with this hero because I don't feel he belongs in the safelane.

Skill build and combo timing:
You get x lvl 2, then cast x followed by a torrent immediately, I usually max tidebringer and torrent first before getting x, but sometimes you need to have x lvled 2 times by lvl 5 to guarantee torrent ship combo when you hit 6.

Having played so many games and being such high MMR, do you not think it would be possible to just learn the timing? Maxing x feels like it has a lot of benefits, with the only downside having to manually proc it for combo.

Manually casting it (almost) doubles the mana cost.

2x is for a guaranteed torrent, 3x is for a guaranteed ship. so you cast the ship with a 3x and torrent with a 2x.

If you x, ship, and torrent at level 3 (all from max range), torrent will hit as well.

X into ship first then torrent is much better as it disrupts the timing for the enemy hero if they have a blink force or any other means of escape. The X buff is really good and it's allowed much more use of the skill, other than the obvious use of x-tp and fountain heal, I've had games where I x my ally tinker, he jumps into their base and kills someone with a dagon and return with almost no risk as I can return him any time I want. It works with more heroes but tinker is just an example. Kunkka is getting more notice than before as he is seen as a support now aswell, which is quite nice since he is a very good support in my opinion. I lane him mid most of the time, sometimes safelane farm and even an aggressive trilane. I build mostly max tidebringer, but sometimes I get 2 points of x early so if needed, if my teammates gank mid often I would get x to almost guarantee kills. Kunkka is countered by Viper, TA, Skywrath, and Razor, there are some other strong heroes versus kunkka but those 4 will completely almost shut you down.

Against TA:
Try to torrent him and remove refraction, you could land a few hits on him and he'll lose quite the amount of hp, it's possible to kill him at lvl 6 with torrent ship combo, just be careful his refraction is not on CD when you torrent ship him, otherwise he'll open refraction right after torrent and absorb ship's damage. You want to remove the refraction with torrent so he could take the ship's 400 damage fully.

To clarify even further, The first instance of damage of torrent is almost 50% of the damage of the torrent, So you have 1 instance of 50% dmg and 9 instances of the other 50% dmg, You would remove the refraction but not deal as much dmg as you think you would. I am not 100% sure on this though I will test it now. Edit : A maxed torrent on a maxed refraction lanaya did roughly 50 damage and removed the refraction.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The Furion game Bulldog just played on stream... So good.

FtHTiny

Of course i got into the game where he insta locks furion...
Should have picked something else to counter the rat but i thought invoker and mirana can handle him.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm going to buy a few more Blade of Tears, considering its popularity and roughly how rare these items are (About 2x the Timebreaker/Dragonclaw), I think they will climb up to about $30 by the end of the year.

Zeth

I'm going to buy a few more Blade of Tears, considering its popularity and roughly how rare these items are (About 2x the Timebreaker/Dragonclaw), I think they will climb up to about $30 by the end of the year.

Is that likely the most valuable of the newer immortals then?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is that likely the most valuable of the newer immortals then?

Hard to say going forward, but it seems to be the most valuable at the moment. Soul Diffuser commands the second highest price, and and the Inverse Bayonet seem popular too (But Kunnka has a ton of quality weapons)

manfestival

Last time I went through this, I ended up getting shafted cause prices went down. Most prices go down over time. Especially when immortals this time around have so much exposure in the community.

Kunkka has so many good items, it sucks that they all retain their value :(. I want shadowblade, inverse bayonet, and the one from the bestowments set(I am addicted to dota 2 because of the hats and the marketplace)

shira

G.ZZZ

Mag and alwayswannafly are two of the worst player in the CIS scene. Gimme back my indigo child goddamn.

I got a mouse again boys.

Einbroch

Banned
I was trying to make a joke by saying you were [/url=http://nadota.com/showthread.php?28228-PPD-Post-TI4-Blog&p=833986&viewfull=1#post833986]this guy[/url], but it wasn't very funny anyway.

I could see how you were confused, though. My account is BanPPDFromNADOTO.

Raytow

Crap can't decide if to buy autographed chest, will they get high prices as soon they can't be sold, or would hardly rise in price, doto hats lords please advice.

Top Bottom