• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Haunted

Audience is getting seriously concerned. Took 5 1/2 hours to finish 3 games so far, 7 1/2 left for potentially 8 games, best case 5 games.

Cutting it close with all the breaks and delays!

kvk1

Over/under on the internet cutting out in the middle of Game 2?

Can't help but feel the event organizers were a little over their head with the scale of this tournament.

Eldon

Audience is getting seriously concerned. Took 5 1/2 hours to finish 3 games so far, 7 1/2 left for potentially 8 games, best case 5 games.

Cutting it close with all the breaks and delays!
And they said before no bathroom pauses, only 10 minutes between games. This is getting ridiculous fast.

Zeknurn

There should be an option to set the length of a game beforehand and when the time is up it goes to 1vs1 middle with each player on the teams taking turns like a penalty shootout in football.

Valve hire me please.

shira

There should be an option to set the length of a game beforehand and when the time is up it goes to 1vs1 middle with each player on the teams taking turns like a penalty shootout in football.

Valve hire me please.

1v1's can take 30 minutes.

rocK`

Banned
So - just played dota 2 again after 3 months, being a long time HoN player (mainly for the engine) and was very impressed with how Dota2's engine has been tuned up.

Why don't more people talk about it? in a moba, having a non-laggy, responsive engine is very important, yet people were OK with the inherent click lag originally.

Anyway, I'm back in Dota 2, probably forever.

Now to get into ranked...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So - just played dota 2 again after 3 months, being a long time HoN player (mainly for the engine) and was very impressed with how Dota2's engine has been tuned up.

Why don't more people talk about it? in a moba, having a non-laggy, responsive engine is very important, yet people were OK with the inherent click lag originally.

Anyway, I'm back in Dota 2, probably forever.

Now to get into ranked...

People complained a lot, but this was fixed a long time ago (years, when the problem existed objectively). I'm surprised you experienced it a scant 3 months back, I'm not sure if it's confirmation bias or what but it hasn't really been an issue except in very narrow cases where there was some network shenanigans between a player and the Steam servers.

Pkaz01

Alliance got destroyed. They weren't winning at any point in either game. Just absolutely dominated.

Chuan and Faith are wrecking them this game

Shengar

Alliance get rekt, I want to cry :'(
Ah well, iG play is really good, it doesn't stung me so hard if they're winning ESL.
Alliance didn't want to learn anything of mouz's failures and success yday :(

Could tell me what lesson should they learn?

Top Bottom