• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Na;vi have been looking really weak lately, honestly I don't think they've ever "slumped" this much before, because I don't think it's fully a slump the standard is just a lot higher and Na'vi haven't upped their game to match

Should agi carries actually get AC instead of butterfly against ET? Considering there would definitely be a hex at some point as well to disable evasion. I thought a bkb would have helped as well.

iamblades

They're not playing well.

Dendi doesn't look as dominating as once was and he's getting his heroes to play.

EG are great no doubt.

He was crushing fools in the D2L just last week before running into EG in the finals.

I think it's just that EG puts so much into protecting RTZ that Dendi can't snowball as much, as well as EG just being a damn good team.

EE
chansub-global-emoticon-60aa1af305e32d49-23x30.png

Should agi carries actually get AC instead of butterfly against ET? Considering there would definitely be a hex at some point as well to disable evasion. I thought a bkb would have helped as well.

Yeah, I think so. In that one Newbee vs DK game where NB had an AM vs an Elder Titan on DK's side, he made an AC but it was too late and didn't help much. Tiny+Wisp alone are probably very close in late game power to an AM and with the ET as well, he just died so quickly. 0 Armor vs a Tiny who crits you for like 1k+ is bad news.

iamblades

Na;vi have been looking really weak lately, honestly I don't think they've ever "slumped" this much before, because I don't think it's fully a slump the standard is just a lot higher and Na'vi haven't upped their game to match

Aside from Dreamleague and starladder, I don't see how they've had a weak showing lately. Dreamleague group stages were such a long time that it's not really relevant, and in Starladder they ran into the group of death with EG and iG. EG eliminated them at the summit, the D2L, and then again here.

They clearly need to improve if they want to win TI4, but losing to the one of probably the top 3 teams in the world currently 4 times in a row does not mean you are slumping badly, it just means you are super unlucky with bracket draws.

Edit: I guess they bombed out of the D2CL season 3 as well, forgot about that one. Losing to Rox was pretty ugly.

Haunted

Deserved win for EG. Bit of a damper on the crowd to have both fan favourites out and the last German player eliminated. :lol

Cheering for Fnatic now. Go notail!

Usobuko

Banned
EG play been sublime. It's more obvious when they have the advantage. I can only see 6 teams taking TI4 crown, 3 from each hemisphere.

EG, Alliance, NaVi, DK, iG, Newbee.

LoL, Alliance TI3 line up against iG

Aside from Dreamleague and starladder, I don't see how they've had a weak showing lately. Dreamleague group stages were such a long time that it's not really relevant, and in Starladder they ran into the group of death with EG and iG. EG eliminated them at the summit, the D2L, and then again here.

They clearly need to improve if they want to win TI4, but losing to the one of probably the top 3 teams in the world currently 4 times in a row does not mean you are slumping badly, it just means you are super unlucky with bracket draws.

Edit: I guess they bombed out of the D2CL season 3 as well, forgot about that one. Losing to Rox was pretty ugly.

Yeah EG is a really tough game for them to play, I'm not sure if honestly it's Na'vi looking weak or the Western scene just being really strong now.

I mean Na'vi, Alliance, Fnatic, EG, Empire, Cloud9 and Mouz have all proven to be really strong over the last couple of months

Wok

I have tried playing Wraith King and I went wih:
Boots > Orchid > Battlefury > Refresher > Heart of Tarrasque

It worked well, but maybe I was just lucky. I feel Orchid is great on this hero: you can spam his stun, you will always resurrect because there is a big mana pool and a good mana regeneration, and you can stun and then silence which is great to gank.

Is there something wrong with the prizepool numbers or has ESL's prizepool not gone up at all in the last couple of days?

The Summit did like $20k increase when the tournament was on

iG is playing so well, can't understand people that hate chinese dota.

TI2 Chinese Dota were boring as shit, that's why.

Things are way better now. If you aren't ganking, creating spaces, you're bound to be behind. Just farming doesn't work as well as it used to.

Top Bottom