• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Ketch

What do you do when you really like a hero but actually suck ass with it?

huh.gif

Na'Vi US playing in the HitBox.tv Bounty Hunter series right now, for those of you in the mood to get back to watching competitive dota.

Best of 5 against NOT.

Lotto

What do you do when you really like a hero but actually suck ass with it?

huh.gif

I'm terrible with my favorite heroes. Puck and Storm Spirit in particular have my favorite skill sets in the game but I can't play them well at all. I usually just mess around with them in bot games because I'd rather not flounder in a real game
BGibUkX.gif

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
We got off to a really bad start so everyone started being jerks to one another and arguing and I told them to be nice but they continued to act like cunts. Then my meepo poof wiped the enemy team and suddenly everyone wants to be friends again and I said fuck you I'm throwing just to teach you assholes a lesson. (I didn't actually though, fuck your bkbs I'll just shovel you down then) Even when I win in this game I still come away angry.

Contrasting emotions

Just bossed a game with Magnus (<3 him)

But....

I lost my cool with a teammate for the first time and shouted at him (through text). His Pudge was a tank and we outlevelled them easily, but the tower setup was balance, both of us down to the ones just outside base (tier 1?)

He and Earthshaker had 2 on 2 fight and took the first guy out with half health each, and Pudge withdrew when they'd have had an easy kill

Also lost it with him when he hooked me away from a one-on-one that I was going to win with ease at the start of a base-push

I assume it was his first Pudge game since he was just using the hook over and over again

Still, shouldn't have lost it like that, we won quite easily in the end and he went 8-4 or something anyway :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
This WK set makes him look like something out of the Souls series.

Do want.

Maybe the shots just came out bad, but I don't think it looks good in the normal view:
F859AF0150F325138C1D3D07E4E311072F5836A4

The set seems like it was designed without taking into consideration it would be viewed mostly overhead, since it does look nice if you go into showcase view:

Lotto

This WK set makes him look like something out of the Souls series.

Do want.

Sets like these don't respect the art direction of Dota 2 imo. Too busy that most of the details are lost in the 3rd person isometric view. I dunno, don't get me wrong, it's very well done but it just looks jarring to me. There are already a lot of sets in the game though that I feel clash with the original style so in the end I don't think it matters much.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I hope Valve gets better about Mastery Gems in the future. I really like how I can take all the effects of the Divine Anchor set off and put them on what ever I want.

Spookie

So I bought Bounchfx's courier in the end. £10. Ten fucking pounds. I had to sell almost all my surplus items to get it, I hope you're happy.
cry.gif

Morph + treant pick on enemy team

at the start of the game 'please don't go on morph in teamfights we don't have the burst to kill him, between leech seed, tree armor, mek, str morph and overgrowth he has like 5000 hp
(so many juicy targets for him like lina (who does way more dmg than early/mid game morph) or earthshaker or the tree)

spend 25 mins making space for void so he can get his bkb

finally ready to fight, next 3 teamfights he goes on morph every time...
Morph casts his W on him and it's like a warrior taunt in world of warcraft, instant carry creep aggro
After second teamfight support is being condescending to him saying 'what did we learn in teamfight class today' or something, guy is like 'i'm not an idiot'
next fight? tunnelvision morph

it's painful to lose when you never have a chance

Even as QW? I mean it works for QE...but I've never seen midas on QW invoker.
I don't play Invoker, but if you're finding yourself to be underleveled consistency Midas might just solve that problem all by itself. Keep in mind that even though Invoker can afford to get a delayed midas, it can fuck over your team if it's all you have after 20 minutes.

Wok

Just got disconnected from a game which has never existed (it seems). I was owning hard lane (Slark + Treant versu Phantom Assassin + Pudge).

Spookie

I was pretty lucky. I bought a chest with the a autograph and later got a second one since I didn't get my 2 items from it. I was debating on selling it on the market but then opened it and got myself a Carty. :)

I've been waiting for Carty for AGES. I was rather annoyed that they paywalled him behind RNG. :(

manfestival

So I bought Bounchfx's courier in the end. £10. Ten fucking pounds. I had to sell almost all my surplus items to get it, I hope you're happy.
cry.gif

you bought the genuine quality??? I dont understand why a person would buy genuine over regular quality one. Is there any actual advantage other than "bragging rights" ?

Top Bottom