• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

I know that. 180g dust is way too efficient a counter for that however. Unless you are up against greedy, low level scrubs, how is that gamble worth it?

I would say it works great as an escape and initiation item, where as Blink is really only useful for initiation, and on Slark any situation where you're away from the enemy for 3-4 seconds your ulti should kick in and you're gone anyway. In actual combat Shadow Blade gives you states that greatly benefit Slark--attack speed and damage--and as an initiation item puts you easily in melee range with an extra chunk of damage on top.

I would say it works great as an escape and initiation item, where as Blink is really only useful for initiation, and on Slark any situation where you're away from the enemy for 3-4 seconds your ulti should kick in and you're gone anyway. In actual combat Shadow Blade gives you states that greatly benefit Slark--attack speed and damage--and as an initiation item puts you easily in melee range with an extra chunk of damage on top.

It's an awful escape because it gets countered by a 180g item and it's not as good an intiation tool as Blink. The stats are negligible. There is very little reason to get it over Blink honestly. Slark has little problems escaping anyways.

As I said, I can't think of a single hero I'd get SB over Blink. Just a poor item ever since it got nerfed and Blink got buffed. Easily one of the most useless in the game.

Nymerio

Ok, so I'll try going 1-1-1 next chance I get. Not going SB though, I don't know if this is only in my games but people are generally on point with dust/sentries whenever I play so I don't think I'd get much value out of that. The one time I built blink I really liked it, it's one of my favourite items anyway, I'm just not sure at what point I should get it. Any suggestions for that?

I also didn't try farming the jungle until later in the game, so I'll try doing that sooner next time.

NBtoaster

It's an awful escape because it gets countered by a 180g item and it's not as good an intiation tool as Blink. The stats are negligible. There is very little reason to get it over Blink honestly. Slark has little problems escaping anyways.

As I said, I can't think of a single hero I'd get SB over Blink. Just a poor item ever since it got nerfed and Blink got buffed. Easily one of the most useless in the game.

Slark can purge off dust so it's not really an issue. He also has awful stats so the extra damage and attack speed are nice. It's better on him than other heroes.

Slark can purge off dust so it's not really an issue. He also has awful stats so the extra damage and attack speed are nice. It's better on him than other heroes.
That's due to how bad a choice on most heroes it is given how much better Blink is.

you don't get the movement bonuses from the ult passive when you're in vision but invisible, right?
Yes, you get all the ult passive bonuses when you are invis.

How is an extra burst of damage and guaranteed proximity a bad thing? The stats are not negligable in the time window you would get a Shadow Blade.

How is an extra burst of damage and guaranteed proximity a bad thing? The stats are not negligable in the time window you would get a Shadow Blade.

It's not worth it. The item scales bad, is easy to counter, costs more, does less. Just don't bother. There is no point in educating me what it does either.

profit

*tunes into SingSing stream*

Battlefury on Phoenix.

huh? I know he just does whatever on stream, but that's a weird choice isn't it? I guess for mana regen and damage?

Demoli

I know that. 180g dust is way too efficient a counter for that however. Unless you are up against greedy, low level scrubs, how is that gamble worth it?

Because SB isn't an escape tool, it's an initiation tool. It's muc harder to dust on initiation than on escape. It also gives you combat stats, that heroes like slark desperatly need.

Is there a better feeling than using Gyrocopter's second ability on someone with low health, and getting the kill like 20 seconds later?

I just imagine them trying to run away, looking for healing or teleport items

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Geez, Black has really been answering every single question people ask him in his AMA on reddit. Its actually pretty impressive.

Acinixys

IDK about a Shadow Blade 2, but I'd kinda like to see some new items added with the next balance patch.

2 x Staff of Wizardry = Rod of Atos
2 x Blade of Alacrity = Diffusal

2x Ogre Club - NOTHING!

Pls frosty amphibian fix dis

i watched that one video where kuroky was wisp and sing was NS.

Most annoying shit ever. I don't watch player streams but singsing seems unbearable. What do you guys find endearing about him?

Sings streams are really funny because of what happens, not Sing himself

5 man roaming to gank, failed lvl 1 rosh attempts, X + Wisp with Dagon 5s TPing all over the map and destroying everyone, diving into the enemy base at 10 mins to get kills and failing

Its always entertaining

Razzer

5 man roaming to gank, failed lvl 1 rosh attempts, X + Wisp with Dagon 5s TPing all over the map and destroying everyone, diving into the enemy base at 10 mins to get kills and failing

Its always entertaining

The reason those things happen is cus of him tho. And Sing is funny.

Raytow

Geez, Black has really been answering every single question people ask him in his AMA on reddit. Its actually pretty impressive.
Nicest pro ever, I mean jesus tapdancing christ, every question had an answer and even a reply to that answer had a reply.

2 x Staff of Wizardry = Rod of Atos
2 x Blade of Alacrity = Diffusal

2x Ogre Club - NOTHING!

Pls frosty amphibian fix dis

Its always entertaining
Merlini said in an interview with Hot_Bid that Sing is one of the tryhardest pros in pubs there is (with Envy being #1) when he's not on stream.

kvk1

Sing streams are great in small doses. I just can't take 7 straight hours of ohhh myyy gawwwwd. On the flipside I can spend an entire day watching guys like Merlini and Barny, because they're constantly spitting that knowledge.

It's whatever you're looking for in a stream though, different strokes. The variety of top-tier Dota channels on Twitch is pretty great.

Pratfall

I am generally against people saying the same shit over and over again on stream (Jerax during peak earth spirit when I was just trying to learn the hero and it was "SUCH WOW" every 2 seconds), but holy shit did these past weekend Sing streams hit me in the right place. That was some of the funniest shit I have ever seen. Kuro and Sing and genuinely funny guys.

It's also fun because most of the people he plays with are good enough to play like clowns and still embarrass the other team.

Side note: Anyone ever use one of these? http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-naga-hex

My mouse button is acting up so it might be time to get a new one.

rezuth

I like SB on Slark because it makes his roaming just go the extra mile and helps a lot with initiation. I mean we're talking pub games after all.

ViviOggi

I like SB on Slark because it makes his roaming just go the extra mile and helps a lot with initiation. I mean we're talking pub games after all.

Slark gets a ton of stats from his passive, +21 damage/30 aspd is nothing. Blink gives you safer, instantaneous initiation and lets you start roaming 1k gold earlier.

Demoli

Slark gets a ton of stats from his passive, +21 damage/30 aspd is nothing. Blink gives you safer, instantaneous initiation and lets you start roaming 1k gold earlier.

For you to get the same stats as a SB Slark with Blink you need to attack a target 7 times, and you'll be 9as short.

That just ain't gonna happen by the tiem you get a blink since slark has very low AS.

ViviOggi

For you to get the same stats as a SB Slark with Blink you need to attack a target 7 times, and you'll be 9as short.

That just ain't gonna happen by the tiem you get a blink since slark has very low AS.

Sure, not immediately upon buying Lothars - but those stats aren't absolutely vital to killing. You'll mostly be picking up supports in the early and mid game anyway, and a Blink lets you start with this faster, which in turn gives you more gold and XP.

The only upside I see with Lothars is that it lets you roam through warded territory a bit better than Blink, one the other hand you're fucked when you can't reach your target within the 14 sec invisibility period as it'll be on a 28 second (!) cooldown. I expect Icefraud to reduce its cd again in response to how inferior it is to the new Blink, among other things like buffing Force.

^ After Treads+Stick and possibly Aquila

Damn, I have problem, might be addicted to this game. Played till late in the night the last few days.

I've played around 150 games in total now and of course I still suck.

I usually play Drow or PA, not sure if I should switch to a bit more complex heros or if I should keep playing those two.

Maybe I should look for some friends and learn from them, not sure if it helps me to keep playing alone with random people.

ViviOggi

Damn, I have problem, might be addicted to this game. Played till late in the night the last few days.

I usually play Drow or PA, not sure if I should switch to a bit more complex heros or if I should keep playing those two.

Maybe I should look for some friends and learn from them, not sure if it helps me to keep playing alone with random people.
Don't_forget_you're_here_forever.jpg

The sooner you try out more heroes, the better.

So I started going to the gym in order to sort-of deal with being woefully out of shape.

As it turns out, when your arms ache a lot it kinda messes with your Dota reaction time

Well, singsing built shadow blade when he played slark a couple of games ago

He also built battlefury on phoenix and bounty hunter so I'm sure SB slark is very legit

dmshaposv

Goodluck, you are stuck here forever. You'll never enjoy any other game as much as dota 2, ever.

Might as well stop playing drow and PA. Try other heroes and roles. You can't play them when the other 4 dumbfucks you'll que with have also picked farming carries.

kvk1

So I started going to the gym in order to sort-of deal with being woefully out of shape.

As it turns out, when your arms ache a lot it kinda messes with your Dota reaction time

Work through the pain.

Hit them curls for Eul's.

The squats for QoPs.

Bench yourself out of the trench.

rage.gif

Top Bottom