• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Support WK is surprisingly effective in pubs...

WK in general is effective in pubs. Every time I see that asshole against a team I'm on everybody on the team focuses him first even tho you can't kill him and he will totally fuck up the team fight when he respawns. It's infuriating.

mkenyon

Banned
Hey! I won a game as invoker! Solo offlane invoker no less!
huh.gif
Bot games are a lot of fun.

I kid

WK in general is effective in pubs. Every time I see that asshole against a team I'm on everybody on the team focuses him first even tho you can't kill him and he will totally fuck up the team fight when he respawns. It's infuriating.

That is definitely true. He is a lot like Support Alch for me, I stay in lane and get a few kills with whomever I'm with (just did a game with a Slark and we got a level 1 FB) then transition to roaming or jungling to get some items. I ended up 12-1-13 with Treads/Armlet/AC/MKB (they had a PA and almost no magic damage--DP, PA, Mirana) and it turned into a complete stomp despite a shaky early game from our Weaver.

Heroes with extra long lives generally do well in pubs, see Abaddon, WK, Dazzle, Omni.

Not sure why you didn't expect support WK to do well though, it's relatively simple and roaming supports wreck face in pubs.

It's not that I didn't expect him to work, it's just surprising how well he works. I'm yet to lose a game playing a WK as a support since he needs so little to take on a core position I imagine.

yami4ct

After getting pretty comfortable running a Lich-support and a Wraith King semi-carry build, I spend today trying to figure out which harder carry I want in my repertoire. Tried a few just to see what would finally click with me. I liked Faceless Void and Drow quite a bit, but I didn't feel I really synch with their play style. Finally settled on Phantom Assassin. She's the perfect balance of everything I play with. I love her speed and escape mechanisms, as well as just her easy farming mechanics. Fun to lane with and really contribute to later-game team fights. I think I'll like playing her quite a bit.

Razzer

After getting pretty comfortable running a Lich-support and a Wraith King semi-carry build, I spend today trying to figure out which harder carry I want in my repertoire. Tried a few just to see what would finally click with me. I liked Faceless Void and Drow quite a bit, but I didn't feel I really synch with their play style. Finally settled on Phantom Assassin. She's the perfect balance of everything I play with. I love her speed and escape mechanisms, as well as just her easy farming mechanics. Fun to lane with and really contribute to later-game team fights. I think I'll like playing her quite a bit.

My fave hero. You chose well. Versatile and strong atm, and she can do ok in any lane thanks to dagger spam these days.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
My fave hero. You chose well. Versatile and strong atm, and she can do ok in any lane thanks to dagger spam these days.

PA is probably tied with Spectre for my favorite hard carry to play. PA is able to fuck stuff up a bit earlier, but that absolute crushing domination when you're a six slotted Spectre is a hard high to match

yami4ct

I also like Dagger because if you're stuck with someone in pub games that knows nothing about prioritizing gold to carries, you still can get enough last hits easy enough. You can also get past most of the denies you'd see in pubs as well. She's just a really fun all rounder.

fallagin

PA is probably tied with Spectre for my favorite hard carry to play. PA is able to fuck stuff up a bit earlier, but that absolute crushing domination when you're a six slotted Spectre is a hard high to match

I find it just super hard to lane as spectre unless I have a seriously top notch support babysitting me.

Just got my 18th win in a row on Crystal Maiden, haven't played her in four months due to the nerfs but they don't hurt her as bad as I expected, then again I didn't get to do much early game because after our carry (DK) died in our defense tri-lane he ran to jungle.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yeah my ES is really bad all of a sudden.

Too much Final Fantasy XIV I guess.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Going back and watching old VODs from last year you really get an appreciation for the way they updated the map's lighting a few patches ago. Was a really subtle update but man did this game look flat and washed out before.

Quesa

First game as PL was fun. Especially good: split pushing with manta, seeing doom and pudge illusion-check by right-clicking, so beefy they dismember one and doom the other.

Also my team (mostly ember slar and tusk) whined the whole game about me not having farm as they left me solo safe vs kunkka, complain about me not fighting as I take two towers and call me retarded as I decide not to take engagements they're already dead in. I could feel myself becoming toxic as I wrote in all chat after the win:

commend team
5k mmr whiners
worst team I ever carried

I honestly only did it because I knew it'd piss off the ember (whiner prime), and I feel bad.

but it felt good

i need to communicate better

im realizing i do something dumb and my teammates are all like wat and in my mind im like no this was clearly to do x y or z and they all like how were we to know

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
lol has there ever been a bigger patch with less content? What exactly is it requiring 250mb? There's barely even hats.

Top Bottom