• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I tell you what guys there ain't gonna be a substantive patch for quite a while. Valve put all those custom game mode strings in this patch hoping people would be satisfied and/or hyped to see that work is getting done, but really everyone is just super bummed out.

Zeth

yea that's dota cinema's april fools day joke, it only shows because the observer cam was on sunsfans account.

Oh, that makes sense. Didn't make the connection.

Still no Top Sellers! Damn you Valve, I know TI4 just ended, but damn.

Damn it, I thought the Emerald Dragon chest released - ouch.

edit: I now have an Elder Deflector of the Stormlands. I'm rich.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, this is somewhat nifty. I was looking though the commands and found one that does an analyze on replays in a special folder.

demo_analyze_all : cmd : : Runs demo_analyze on all demo files found in the dota/demo_analysis/ directory.

I think it must be what Valve uses to calculate the Compendium stats, since at the end it will output statistic in excel files like how often a hero was picked, banned, got first blood, got roshan, rapiers, refresher orbs. and other stuff. Not the most useful, but cool.

Edit: Er, did Valve just revert the last update?

shira

Another 228.9mb patch!!!

Bt1r1D6CMAIlnGk.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't know whether I want those to make it in ASAP or never ever.
Does twitch actually have proper rights to most of their icons? Like, Bibblethump is a picture of Issac form Binding of Issac, does Twitch actually have commercial rights to that image? Can they monetize the Kappa face? Are they even allowed to give them out for free?

Does twitch actually have proper rights to most of their icons? Like, Bibblethump is a picture of Issac form Binding of Issac, does Twitch actually have commercial rights to that image? Can they monetize the Kappa face? Are they even allowed to give them out for free?
I couldn't find anything after a quick google search, but Twitch uses faces of prominent streamers for a lot of its emotes, I don't know if they have any commercial rights on them.
ee streaming persona 4!
Well at least his taste in video games is okay.

dmshaposv

Is linken sphere still considered a "core" item on heroes like Weaver, morphling and medusa?

I see pubbies rushing for that 20-30 min linkens and conceding much map control because they are "farming" their linkens.

Like why does medusa even need it? she is tanky as all hell and while she has mana problems its not like she needs to spam her snakes/ult often.

Morph is another one. Sure he needs tons mana, but aquila/bottle and if u rush ur ethereal blade - you come online much quicker. If I'm in lane, I'd get drum over linkens. Its quite hard to kill him otherwise

Weaver is squishy, so this I can understand. Chain stunning could make it dificult to timlapse in time, so hoping for linkens to proc off one stun is helpful.

that game was the worst

also when someone picks np and never pushes, a pedestrian mess

Although most people know Np is a carry and pusher, you get the occasional dumbfuck on all carry team that asks you to buy wards and assumes you are a support, just because ur an int hero. Not that there is anything wrong with buying wards as carry (if no one else is), just the noobish "np no support, gg, i AFK now).

Is linken sphere still considered a "core" item on heroes like Weaver, morphling and medusa?

For the most part, yes. Of course, the faster you get it the better because as you said, it delays relevant item purchases. Taking 30 minutes to get anything means you failed.

FWIW, I very rarely buy it on Medusa. I almost always buy it on Weaver and Morphling. They really need it.

Ties

Banned

I see pubbies rushing for that 20-30 min linkens and conceding much map control because they are "farming" their linkens.

Like why does medusa even need it? she is tanky as all hell and while she has mana problems its not like she needs to spam her snakes/ult often.

Morph is another one. Sure he needs tons mana, but aquila/bottle and if u rush ur ethereal blade - you come online much quicker. If I'm in lane, I'd get drum over linkens. Its quite hard to kill him otherwise

Weaver is squishy, so this I can understand. Chain stunning could make it dificult to timlapse in time, so hoping for linkens to proc off one stun is helpful.

Although most people know Np is a carry and pusher, you get the occasional dumbfuck on all carry team that asks you to buy wards and assumes you are a support, just because ur an int hero. Not that there is anything wrong with buying wards as carry (if no one else is), just the noobish "np no support, gg, i AFK now).
Linken's on Medusa is, quite frankly, outdated as hell. A BKB pickup for her later on during the game does far more for her. I try to build as much DPS on her as possible; I particularly like an early casual Demon Edge pickup because it helps increase her farm/teamfight presence and it could build into an MKB or Daedalus depending on what you need. I've seen Mask of Madness run on her as well, I don't prefer the build myself because I'd rather stack ancients with a Helm but that's just me.

I'd say Linkens is core on Morph. The regen is nice on him, and it enables you to switch stats/do whatever you want on the map with your illusion ult.

But that's a bit odd. No one ever assumed in any of the games I've played that NP is a support. :p

Ties

Banned
Maybe decrease the recipe cost by a couple hundred? I don't really know, the item offers a ton of benefits and the buildup is pretty nice compared to like... a Radiance.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I should just learn League, doesn't have stupid heroes.
you're learning, my son. carry on.
We won two fights with Rapier Aegis, but then we shoulda have backed after taking mid rax (we were down 2 lanes with exposed ancient).

LC bought back and Morph and LC just killed me with 400 damage autos

Maybe decrease the recipe cost by a couple hundred? I don't really know, the item offers a ton of benefits and the buildup is pretty nice compared to like... a Radiance.
Don't know you can justify that when heroes like Morphling and Weaver are already really good and they build Linkens all the time, lower cost would make it viable for other heroes but too good on Weaver/Morphling/I'm probably forgetting another hero.

Ties

Banned
Don't know you can justify that when heroes like Morphling and Weaver are already really good and they build Linkens all the time, lower cost would make it viable for other heroes but too good on Weaver/Morphling/I'm probably forgetting another hero.
Yeah definitely.

While we're still on the topic of reducing item cost: what about Rod of Atos? I think it's a bit too pricey imo.

Demoli

We now go to the point where Valve is taking away patches.

GG volvo, if only blizzard got Dota

Seriously though, we're way overdue for a hero patch valve

Edit: Even more sets removed from drop list, wth Valve

Top Bottom