• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

the thing with radiance on blyatcyka is if you get it up early youre already snowballing aand you were only gonna win anyway even if you went drums s&y or maelstrom or something "safer"
What about Spectre.
i can bring up the dotabuff but I was playing a game with her the other day and was like 14 and 1 and team was slightly heavy

we lost and that's fine whatever

but i feel if i had naga or am or pl or hell even dragon knight that game would have been won

just didnt play to her strengths well enough i spose

Why are people so eager for techies:

on your team: he spends 20 mins putting a minefield at the sideshop or some other worthless place as you 4vs5

against your team: a few annoying semi random deaths to those same mine clusters

A couple weeks ago some guy on my team randomed naga and called mid, so I assumed he's probably going for a fast radiance. Then he got a battle fury as his first item. I think the radiance was his third or so item, but the game was pretty much lost for us at that point anyway.

I got a 14 min Radiance yesterday. ez win

DarkKyo

Why are people so eager for techies:

on your team: he spends 20 mins putting a minefield at the sideshop or some other worthless place as you 4vs5

against your team: a few annoying semi random deaths to those same mine clusters

It's one of those things where you just want it to be over and done with. The faster he's added, the faster that people can get tired/bored of his gimmick and a few weeks later he'll get picked less(in theory).

RS4-

Probably the only time I get radiance on BS is if there's multiple blink daggers in play on the other team.

Other than that, I don't bother. Mjoll, bkb, mkb, abyss, etc.

KingKong

lol I forgot that Earth Spirits ult makes everyone affected by it share the silence/slow effect, he's gonna be so ridiculous in pro games

Ultrabum

lol I forgot that Earth Spirits ult makes everyone affected by it share the silence/slow effect, he's gonna be so ridiculous in pro games

That hero is so fucking bad now. He has 2 of the hardest to hit skill shots in the game and the stone recharge mechanic makes him effectively have massive cooldowns on all his spells.

He won't see competitive play without buffs, or at least not successful competitive play.

KingKong

That hero is so fucking bad now. He has 2 of the hardest to hit skill shots in the game and the stone recharge mechanic makes him effectively have massive cooldowns on all his spells.

He won't see competitive play without buffs, or at least not successful competitive play.

oh I assume he's getting buffed before he gets added in, he has a ridiculous 37% winrate

Sanjay

the thing with radiance on blyatcyka is if you get it up early youre already snowballing aand you were only gonna win anyway even if you went drums s&y or maelstrom or something "safer"

i can bring up the dotabuff but I was playing a game with her the other day and was like 14 and 1 and team was slightly heavy

we lost and that's fine whatever

but i feel if i had naga or am or pl or hell even dragon knight that game would have been won

just didnt play to her strengths well enough i spose

This game?
http://dotabuff.com/matches/805884253

Some pointers that stick out:-
Butterfly is like the last item you get after everything else.
Manta against Gyro.
Treads.

Phase, Vit booster, Rad is always the way to go if you start really good.

Situational items before finishing Heart.
Diffusal Blade & Yasha.

But that Riki with Tranquil Boots :O was he offlane? what a player.

So the BB quills don't proc the Timber passive huh...found that out the hard way yesterday.

Just right clicks.

xanavi

I feel like manta on spec vs that gyro was not a terrible choice. If you can isolate him the illusions will still tear him up especially since this gyro didn't go bkb.

G.ZZZ

This hero won't be getting into CM as is, he's wayyyy too broken for CM right now.

A competent earth spirit on your team is autowin. A guy that had 4.7k mmr on my friend list got to 6.2k playing only earth spirit. The "nerfed" one that's still pant on head retarded.

http://dotabuff.com/players/69689027/matches

Sanjay

I feel like manta on spec vs that gyro was not a terrible choice. If you can isolate him the illusions will still tear him up especially since this gyro didn't go bkb.

Isolate? Spectre isolates everyone.

You go Rad to farm faster and ulti when team needs you.

Manta is a good item, just that he really needed rad then Heart.

This hero won't be getting into CM as is, he's wayyyy too broken for CM right now.

A competent earth spirit on your team is autowin. A guy that had 4.7k mmr on my friend list got to 6.2k playing only earth spirit. The "nerfed" one that's still pant on head retarded.

Does this hero require skill?

I'm always up to try out Vanguard heroes.

This game?
http://dotabuff.com/matches/805884253

Some pointers that stick out:-
Butterfly is like the last item you get after everything else.
Manta against Gyro.
Treads.

Phase, Vit booster, Rad is always the way to go if you start really good.

Situational items before finishing Heart.
Diffusal Blade & Yasha.

But that Riki with Tranquil Boots :O was he offlane? what a player.

Just right clicks.
i had just done radiance the day before and it worked out well i wanted to try the "traditional" diffusal into whatever

i feel it would have taken me too long to get a radiance that game and we just would have lost sooner as they were running around the map as five at like 10 mins and a lot of my team was dying

going butterfly youre right probably not the best right there. i was trying to tank up so i got the evasion but it probably would have been better to go for a vit booster, probably even earlier yea

Fuck shady companies. I have started to get a bunch of complaints from people who bought Shagbark plushies on Amazon that didn't come with an unlock code.

When I looked into it I found two companies selling the plush as new on Amazon and are failing to provide the codes. Now I have to work out how to get these guys taken down.

How would you nerf Earth Spirit? I think the grip on allies is too good, people would pick him just for counter ganking with grip. Also the damage on his combo at lvl 3 is too high, and his ulti is a bit bonkers as well.

Something like:

Smash - damage changed to 80/100/120/140
Roll - damage changed to 90/110/130/150
Grip - range changed to 800/900/1000/1100
- doesn't work on ensnared or entangled allies
Ulti - can only have duration refreshed once per enemy

still no techies? :(, Valve's content roll out is getting slower every year. I remember when people were upset after TI2 and were talking about custom maps being soon.

Hope 6.82 is soon.

Haunted

Fuck shady companies. I have started to get a bunch of complaints from people who bought Shagbark plushies on Amazon that didn't come with an unlock code.

When I looked into it I found two companies selling the plush as new on Amazon and are failing to provide the codes. Now I have to work out how to get these guys taken down.
What's the vendor you recommend if I want to buy a shagbark plush?

What's the vendor you recommend if I want to buy a shagbark plush?
WeLoveFine is the official place however they are based in America. WLF ship to Europe etc but I'm still looking for a dedicated home for him to be sold directly from Europe as well.

http://www.welovefine.com/7934-dota-2-shagbark-plush.html
Getting more into this game overplayed my League of Legends hours now, And I must say I enjoy Dota 2 way more then League of Legends.
What is the biggest pulling point in Dota 2 for you vs LoL, is it the free heroes? gameplay? or a combination of it all.

Sanjay

going butterfly youre right probably not the best right there. i was trying to tank up so i got the evasion but it probably would have been better to go for a vit booster, probably even earlier yea

You want to tank up with HP so Dispersion works better. Evading attacks is kind of what you don't want.

i feel it would have taken me too long to get a radiance that game and we just would have lost sooner as they were running around the map as five at like 10 mins and a lot of my team was dying

You can farm solo and ulti to help them.

As long as their not taking racks they are 5 man grouping at 10mins while your free farming and should then easily get your Rad. One of the few heroes where you don't have to be with your team to defend towers.

Fascinating. I'm terrified to play him because he looks so difficult, but I need to watch some of these replays.

Razzer

Fascinating. I'm terrified to play him because he looks so difficult, but I need to watch some of these replays.

Ignoring all of his other skills, the fact that he can reliably pull someone away from a fight makes him incredibly potent. Imagine wasting all your burst on someone only for them to be pulled away at the last minute. And unlike swap it's not an ult, and he doesn't sacrifice himself for it.

kvk1

AXE HAPPENED

rage.gif

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
still no techies? :(, Valve's content roll out is getting slower every year. I remember when people were upset after TI2 and were talking about custom maps being soon.

Hope 6.82 is soon.

last year there was no big post-TI patch until October lol. I doubt it'll be that long this time around, but still, might be a few weeks as Valve gets back to their daily routine and icefrog has some time to analyze TI4 and test the changes.

Skillshots are no big deal, it's his ridiculous cooldown on his statues that kill him

Some people (a few pro's) claim ES is still crazy broken. Others look at his dotabuff winrate and claim he's weak. To me it just seems like his skill cap is ridiculously high now, to the point where 90% of people will absolutely and miserably fail with him, but those few who have actually mastered him can completely dominate. Tough design, can't really buff the hero because you risk completely breaking him at the top end (and competitive), and you don't really want to nerf him because his winrate and popularity will plummet even further. Might need another redesign of some sort that reduces his skill cap and raises his skill floor. Or just throw him in CM, trial by fire mode.

Wok

It is possible to lose with Silencer? Mind blown.

Just need a massive disconnection from the whole Radiant team on Western European servers. In the mean time, the Dire Faceless Void solo takes down the barracks.

KingKong

Just watched the Newbee documentary (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtPIxvkum9s), it was pretty good. They're apparently releasing one for each Chinese team so that would be cool to see.

It's a pretty great story to have a team go from brink of elimination all the way to the champions, I cant help but think if this was a Western team people would have been talking about it a lot more

Quesa

last year there was no big post-TI patch until October lol. I doubt it'll be that long this time around, but still, might be a few weeks as Valve gets back to their daily routine and icefrog has some time to analyze TI4 and test the changes.

Some people (a few pro's) claim ES is still crazy broken. Others look at his dotabuff winrate and claim he's weak. To me it just seems like his skill cap is ridiculously high now, to the point where 90% of people will absolutely and miserably fail with him, but those few who have actually mastered him can completely dominate. Tough design, can't really buff the hero because you risk completely breaking him at the top end (and competitive), and you don't really want to nerf him because his winrate and popularity will plummet even further. Might need another redesign of some sort that reduces his skill cap and raises his skill floor. Or just throw him in CM, trial by fire mode.

I think he's like Ember pre-nerf now in that yeah there are people claiming he's broken, but we won't get solid data on what needs to change unless there's a period of resurgence in use, and the pros will figure that out faster than anyone. So I agree to let him into CM with the intent to respond quickly with a nerf hammer should he get out of control.

Right now I'm just sad because he's like my fav hero and I'm afraid to play him because it's usually a loss for me :(

It's not like Wisp didn't get nerfed after TI just because his pub winrate was low. Sure the circumstances are different but I don't think Icefrog cares about pub winrates going by the past. It's also possible to nerf and simplify a hero at the same time, thus making him easier to play for lesser skilled players but also balancing him for CM, though such a change isn't easy to make and might require a minor overhaul.

It's not like Wisp didn't get nerfed after TI just because his pub winrate was low. Sure the circumstances are different but I don't think Icefrog cares about pub winrates going by the past. It's also possible to nerf and simplify a hero at the same time, thus making him easier to play for lesser skilled players but also balancing him for CM, though such a change isn't easy to make and might require a minor overhaul.

Well Wisp is another thing. For one Wisp was on CM for a long ass time as 1st pick/ban material and went on TI3 finals with 100% winrate.

We still haven't seen in ES in competitive to make that call.

Top Bottom