• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I think the issue is people only think mids and solos can have an impact. Supports can be super inpactful. Someone like cm is super strong for the first 15 minutes.

I've done the best in Ranked by just playing Vengeful Spirit. She's so versatile as a support/semi-carry that I can build her to cover whatever deficiencies the team has

played my first game as elder titan because I repicked in all random (I didn't want to pugna).

This hero is easy

edit: steam is all blue now what's going on

W1SSY

played my first game as elder titan because I repicked in all random (I didn't want to pugna).

This hero is easy

edit: steam is all blue now what's going on

The one thing I hate most while playing ET is when teammates attack the targets after the stomp. I usually try and get my ult up after but people just wake all the enemies up. Still I really do enjoy playing Titan.

Carlius

Banned
7 wins in a row..then, 7 losses in a row.. this game is unbelievable. i swear to god, the higher you go in mmr the dumber ppl seem to get. 7 games with complete and utter dumbasses. 0-17 sand king just now. my god.

Demoli

The following are my "tryhard" heroes for ranked, caps'd the big ones.

Support:
DISRUPTOR
SHADOW DEMON
ABADDON
Skywrath
Shadow Shaman
Earthshaker

Offlane:
LONE DRUID
FURION
BIRSTLEBACK
Tide
Brewmaster
Clockwork
Dark Seer
Doom

Mid
STORM SPIRIT
BREWMASTER
MORPHLING
BAT
Magnus
Ember spirit
Tiny

Carry:
LONE DRUID
MORPHLING
Tiny
Ember
Void
Skeleton King
Lycan
Weaver

Essentially, I either get a ton of lockdown or push potential. Raw damage isn't ideal and it feels lackluster. Drafting pushing power means you can easily split push at a moment's notice and force a reaaction from the enemy team or they'd lose a tower or racks. Even though people say Furion is ideal for this, Lone Druid is easily the most suited for the job, simply because there are only a handful of heroes that can force a Sylla out of lane with a single TP, since he can turn on them and most likely get a kill.

Skeleton King, Abaddon and Morphling are heroes who heavily punish over aggression are are great in most if not all lineups.

I almost never draft something early game exclusive. It's a fucking waste unless you're in a 5 man queue. Game is gonna go late anyways. Drafting a CM or a Lina or Leshrac is usually aweful, same thing with huskar carry or tusk. In supports I either Value extended pick off potential (Disruptor and SD), heroes that can save other heroes (SD or Abba) or initation/push heroes (Shaker, SS).

I almost never play mid but if I do I go either an initiator or another carry. Brew and Storma re my favourite since they are strong laners, and Morphling punishes lack of support rotations and is not made of paper like SF is. It's also stronger in the mid game due to E-Blade esentially eliminating 1 support/3 from their line up.

Stuff like Pudge or Tusk or WD are useless, literally pick any other hero if you're ranking. Bloodseeker is increadibly underrated, "LEL TP" disappears as soon as he brings a friend.

I've had great luck with AA while trying to climb the ranks. He makes a huge impact in teamfights if you know how to play him right. I'm 8-1 with him this week.

Denzel

Ok so just got calibrated for solo ranked and i'm at 2.5 k >.>

any tips on what heroes i should be playing to win games more often because i find often that we lose because when i support the carry isn't very good or when I carry support's aren't very good, there are games where I don't play good as well.

Razzer

Ok so just got calibrated for solo ranked and i'm at 2.5 k >.>

any tips on what heroes i should be playing to win games more often because i find often that we lose because when i support the carry isn't very good or when I carry support's aren't very good, there are games where I don't play good as well.

Void seems to be the fotm.

kvk1

The main client download triggered while I was still downloading the test one.

I can't hold all these patches.

crazy.gif

Old chests that required keys are expired and can no longer be opened.

Buttercup and her helmet are effectively immortals.

Also mastery gems are just kinetic gems now, which is what they always should have been, the distinction was stupid.

Acinixys

I only really like the DS/NP/WR sets.

I wish Skadi Morph was released, what even happened to that set?

Anuxi (i think) said it was rejected because you couldn't tell which way the hero was facing very easily

So shes redesigning it

afaik

I could be talking complete shit

Why has steam been stopping at 80-90% download and never even picking up any download.

It happens every time I have to patch a game, consistently. The last 10-20% can take 20 minutes to download.

"Mastery and Kinetic gem functionality has been merged and the term “Mastery Gem” removed. What were previously called mastery gems are now kinetic gems. Kinetic gems can change animations, change abilities, add or modify particle FX, change ability icons, and modify other features of the item they are attached to."

I'm glad they're making the gems easier to follow. I liked the ideas but the execution was sometimes lacking and it made it kind of confusing.

"Mastery and Kinetic gem functionality has been merged and the term “Mastery Gem” removed. What were previously called mastery gems are now kinetic gems. Kinetic gems can change animations, change abilities, add or modify particle FX, change ability icons, and modify other features of the item they are attached to."

I'm glad they're making the gems easier to follow. I liked the ideas but the execution was sometimes lacking and it made it kind of confusing.

there was no reason they had to be two different gems from the beginning. It also led to stupid stuff like CM's immortal only adding the animation because technically it was kinetic and not mastery.

Hopefully they go back and adjust some older kinetics that lose their particles

FACE

Banned
Dota 2 takes a noticeable longer amount of time to boot and steam overlay lags my game like crazy, which it's never done before.

It needed more time to bake.

Man, that's weird. For me the boot times for games have improved significantly and the overlay no longer makes some of my games go nuts.

Top Bottom