• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Hylian7

I don't understand. I do well. Still lose.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/835913952

This is frustrating as all hell. Can someone coach me this weekend?

g7X4hLV.png

Chris R

Support jugg... what should I be doing? I made ultra fat stacks and helped the "hard" carries that way but was way under leveled.

damn we missed out on a nice payday with those glitched chests. they're actually selling for $35+ now.

items are ugly as hell, but nobody seems to even care.

Sianos

The only thing better than Dooming a Tinker is buying a Refresher Orb so you can Doom their Riki at the same time. <3

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/835901477

Midgame it was painful to go against the illusion swarm diffusal x tombstone combo, but we turned it around very well. So many good ganks on Tinker as he TP'ed into lane, Fiend's Grip / Doom SO GOOD.

Hi DotaGaf. I've been lurking here for about 1 year.
My account has just been activated.yay!
I've been playing dota for about 9 or 10 years, if i remember it correctly my cousin introduced it to me when he gave me a floppy disc containing several dota maps.
Dota has been my main game for the most of my life.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't been playing dota 2 as much recently, i got fucking angry at the game and i just kinda just wanted to play other shit. Anyway today i lost my team a match (which to be fair it was after we lost mid racks) because i used crono on single guy, i didn't realized my entire team was right behind me. We needed that crono because the other team decided to rosh and we kinda stood there for crono to CD (at my insistence) we stood there like dumbasses and did nothing until they took aegis and we got rekt costing teh ancient the end. Man fuck this game lol

I don't understand. I do well. Still lose.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/835913952

This is frustrating as all hell. Can someone coach me this weekend?

g7X4hLV.png
LOL

are you guys for real with that tower damage. was your team allergic to towers? 55 minutes and less than 100 points of tower damage on Slark and CM? Looks like nobody on your team managed 5 auto-attacks on any tower? How's that even possible?

Nothing can make a match feel like a 4v5 like a bad Chen. Did he random that?

I've been playing dota for about 9 or 10 years, if i remember it correctly my cousin introduced it to me when he gave me a floppy disc containing several dota maps.

Welcome to the thread, broski!

they have the strangest backpack icons, totally different than any other backpack icon

I wish I could drum up even the faintest hint of caring. But nope, I can't. They're awful looking items, as most Perfect World-purposed items are. Community must be really thirsty for something unique in their backpacks to be running after those pieces of shit.

Hylian7

LOL

are you guys for real with that tower damage. was your team allergic to towers? 55 minutes and less than 100 points of tower damage on Slark and CM? Looks like nobody on your team managed 5 auto-attacks on any tower? How's that even possible?

Nothing can make a match feel like a 4v5 like a bad Chen. Did he random that?

He picked it and farmed, bodyblocked teammates, and fed Centaurs 90% of the game.

Actually hitting towers was hard because we always had to worry about who was coming in next.

I can coach you.

Don't let the other team have Void and SWM. That'll be $50.

Looks like their biggest problem was Legion and SWM roaming around. Void was just icing on the cake.

It's a really, really nasty combo. Sky gets free kills and Legion gets free damage. 50 cooldown on LC ult is all that combo has to wait between murders.

He picked it and farmed, bodyblocked teammates, and fed Centaurs 90% of the game.

Actually hitting towers was hard because we always had to worry about who was coming in next.

just looking at the comps, if LC and SWM know what they're doing (and it looked like they did), that mach was mostly over once LC got her blink....and definitely over once Sky got his.

Hylian7

Looks like their biggest problem was Legion and SWM roaming around. Void was just icing on the cake.

It's a really, really nasty combo. Sky gets free kills and Legion gets free damage. 50 cooldown on LC ult is all that combo has to wait between murders.

just looking at the comps, if LC and SWM know what they're doing (and it looked like they did), that mach was mostly over once LC got her blink....and definitely over once Sky got his.

Didn't feel like we were losing that badly at that point...

Heyo! Hit me up if you want to play! I'm afraid I'll be way worse than you though, only 3 months in. Steam name is Print Screen.

Satch

Banned
yall niggas useless

give the damn man advice on how to improve his storm spirit

other people may want to learn how to play the hero too and may be able to use the information. smh. toxic trash community

edit: and yes i have been playing mirana im trying to learn but its a struggle :(

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
yall niggas useless

give the damn man advice on how to improve his storm spirit

other people may want to learn how to play the hero too and may be able to use the information. smh. toxic trash community

edit: and yes i have been playing mirana im trying to learn but its a struggle :(

press ur r to zip in then press ur w while ur under r so they cant target u and u get a free stun then u auto attack then u press q then u auto attack then u press r some more and dodge shit and auto attack and hopefully they r dead also buy orchid pls dont go bloodstone first maybe second item but you also might want BKB or linkens or sheep stick try to secure rune control in middle lane and dont overdo on the ganks only when u get a good rune like haste or DD or u can TP on a tower dive or for a quick squishy kill because if u waste too much time waiting around ull just fall behind in xp and never get ur orchid and then ull just die every gank and be sad and lose games sometimes u just gotta farm

Satch

Banned
press ur r to zip in then press ur w while ur under r so they cant target u and u get a free stun then u auto attack then u press q then u auto attack then u press r some more and dodge shit and auto attack and hopefully they r dead also buy orchid pls dont go bloodstone first maybe second item but you also might want BKB or linkens or sheep stick

treads or arcanes tho

i saw sing sing play and he went treads > orchid, but im used to seeing ppl go arcanes > orchid/bloodstone

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
treads or arcanes tho

i saw sing sing play and he went treads > orchid, but im used to seeing ppl go arcanes > orchid/bloodstone

treads cuz arcanes are complete garbage on that hero also tread switching is very useful on storm not to mention his ulti uses %mana and arcanes just encourages the garbage ass bloodstone first build which you should never do or face the wrath of lord blitz (may he have mercy) dont wanna get smote like procarbine

Satch

Banned
hm i c thanks

i need to work on my tread switching... i always forget to do it
hes really tough for me b/c im bad at managing mana intensive heroes

What actually determines who gets items, and of what rarity, at the end of matches? Pretty much random with a slight advantage for the best performers?

Tenck

It's random. If it was based on performance, I'd start trying.

Edit: I'm hardcore support. Let me buy all the wards and I'm good to go.

In case anyone was wondering what it looked like in the end.

worst player on losing teams gets the good shit

I have no idea but that seems to happen alot in my games

If that was the case, I'd be drowning in immortals :(

Fed like a bitch the other day as Clockwerk, basically single-handedly lost our 5-stack the win. Feels a lot worse doing that in a party than it does doing it solo

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Still deciding whether or not it's worthwhile to wait and try and pick a hero that will round out and benefit the team (usually a support) when ranked solo queuing, or just picking a hero I know I can ball with 9/10 times. I keep having to leave the balling up to my team, usually at least 2 of which just random heroes, and results have been mixed.

If that was the case, I'd be drowning in immortals :(

Fed like a bitch the other day as Clockwerk, basically single-handedly lost our 5-stack the win. Feels a lot worse doing that in a party than it does doing it solo

Dude it's fine. Everybody has bad games. I just went 0-3 at like 5 minutes, the only deaths on my team. Got an ugly Pugna belt afterwards.

Falk

that puzzling face
Still deciding whether or not it's worthwhile to wait and try and pick a hero that will round out and benefit the team (usually a support) when ranked solo queuing, or just picking a hero I know I can ball with 9/10 times. I keep having to leave the balling up to my team, usually at least 2 of which just random heroes, and results have been mixed.

Hasn't that always been modus operandi for #roadto____? Constantly pick a ballin' hero rather than hope someone on your team can carry.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hasn't that always been modus operandi for #roadto____? Constantly pick a ballin' hero rather than hope someone on your team can carry.

I mean I figure we're all the same MMR for a reason. I'm done presuming that somehow I'm the beacon of light on my team that's the only one that doesn't belong at [dumpster tier] MMR. I'm confident in my ability enough on almost every hero in any position so I don't care who I play as long as it gives us the best chance of winning and I'm having fun (read: not yelled at by the Peruvians).

Tried to rush Roshan with Ursa in single draft, and ran there as soon as I farmed morbid mask. Learned that Roshan is a bashlord and he bashed me 3 times in a row when I realized I wasn't going to lifesteal fast enough to win, and killed me.

Then I remembered that I got first blood in lane and I was only level 4. The game went downhill from there and I went full on tilt. Tried to be singsing and dodge chronospheres with blink with moderate success, only to walk into an active chrono at the T3 because I was trying to save my teammate but pressed the wrong hotkey for halbred.

One of my worst games in recent memory but atleast I feel like I learned a lot.

JustinBB7

Can somebody with dotabuff plus check how much vision I bought this game: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/833710410

Never thought I would win that one based on the heroes, but my team actually bought nice items to deal with pl/brood and sven is obviously good against them. But I felt like we had a horrible start, even though it looks even there.

But then I just bought vision constantly and we killed PL/brood all the time. And won from there.

Top Bottom