• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

ksan

You don't need to be against the same people over and over again to get the feel on the skill of each mmr. Especially if solo mmr does represent skill.

To assess if an individual player is better or worse than another, you pretty much have to.
Not to mention that it's harder to play against better players, meaning that it's not apt to compare game performance in a 2.5k game to one at a higher mmr.

Kard8p3

How do y'all win All Pick? In captains mode I win more than I lose, but All Pick is just all losses.

I have seen many 2.6k mmr play better than 3.6kmmr, so don't think you are bad.

Pick tryhard heroes and tryhard

Also no offense but 2.6k players are not as good as 3.6k

Haunted

All Pick is just counter pick mode.

I don't find it fun.
Nothing better than fuckers who wait until the timer has expired to counterpick then pause the game immediately while they think of something. They're getting unpaused and reported immediately.

Sure I might sometimes unpause someone who legit lost his connexion, but that's a risk I'm willing to take to punish the others.

That said, I feel like there's not much to counterpick at my MMR level anyway. People who are good at their [meta shit tier hero X] will usually outplay the Faceless Void + Skywrath Mage pickers who don't know how to play them but saw Universe wreck at TI4.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Pick tryhard heroes and tryhard

Also no offense but 2.6k players are not as good as 3.6k

hey ill admit I am not the best player....or a good/decent player. but there have been games where I will being doing great and then get rekt because safe lane troll wants a life steal so bad hes willing to go 0/7 to get it. then has the balls to say pa is feeding cuz she died once. after getting 2 kills. I MEAN COME THE FUCK ON. THE ONLY TIME YOU SPEAK ENGLISH IS TO CALL SOMEONE A FEEDER. WHY THE FUCK AM I GROUPED WITH THESE PEOPLE, I AM NOT THI- well you get the point...whatever the point was.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
hazaro trash talking ld. Has your depravation no limits?

Also, the bear dmg is heavy (its does 75% dmg to heroes so it can easily be outscaled by any other carry). The only real threat of bear is double basher in a 1v1.
Basher Bear just isn't fair in my book.

Kard8p3

hey ill admit I am not the best player....or a good/decent player. but there have been games where I will being doing great and then get rekt because safe lane troll wants a life steal so bad hes willing to go 0/7 to get it. then has the balls to say pa is feeding cuz she died once. after getting 2 kills. I MEAN COME THE FUCK ON. THE ONLY TIME YOU SPEAK ENGLISH IS TO CALL SOMEONE A FEEDER. WHY THE FUCK AM I GROUPED WITH THESE PEOPLE, I AM NOT THI- well you get the point...whatever the point was.

Sorry but you aren't in some special mmr hell, there are retards in every bracket. Just ask 1.09.

Hylian7

All this LD talk had made me wonder: Why does no one get Desolator on the bear? With that and an AC you put out a disgusting amount of damage to buildings. I've gotten those and absolutely wrecked bases with it. I remember a game where we had a team fight on their high ground. The other spent time killing my team while I casually right clicked their T3 and rax right in front of them while they called it "rat doto".

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Sorry but you aren't in some special mmr hell, there are retards in every bracket. Just ask 1.09.

so what, I am suppose to be soo good at this game, that I can carry 3 people? I am sorry but that's fucking bullshit. I am in hell cuz I can't carry 3 people if I am the one and only support, and if I don't go support, who will? ive had games, where faceless wont use his chrono because I called him out on being a whiney and butt hurt. and no one else would talk to me because they were his friends and in a stack of four. and even if I do report him, whats that gonna do? no one else on my team will.

mephixto

Banned
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/835890510

Ok we won this so I can't be that mad, but can anyone tell me why our mid Ember rushed a veil? Was it to help sky wrath? The tiny extra damage for his unupgraded maelstrom?

Like it "worked" in the sense that we won but I feel drums/bf /crit would do just as wel.

To buff his flame guard? Also Veil has some other stats besides magic reduction. It still a weird item to build first on ember.

Kard8p3

so what, I am suppose to be soo good at this game, that I can carry 3 people? I am sorry but that's fucking bullshit. I am in hell cuz I can't carry 3 people if I am the one and only support, and if I don't go support, who will? ive had games, where faceless wont use his chrono because I called him out on being a whiney and butt hurt. and no one else would talk to me because they were his friends and in a stack of four. and even if I do report him, whats that gonna do? no one else on my team will.

if youre gonna cry about a stack of four then go play ranked because 4 ppl cant stack there. And honestly, in the long run being the solo support isn't too bad if you think about it, hopefully your four carries are better than their three.

ksan

you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the matchmaking system if you think it's gonna work out every time with a sample size of 1, there are so many variables involved
if you play a good number of games, say 30, i can pretty much guarantee you that you will move up in mmr if you're better than your peers at the mmr you started at
otherwise, you probably don't deserve higher mmr
The introduction of MMR is the worst thing to ever happen to this thread. Literally cancer.

hi im low masters/high diamond with the game understanding of a gm, i just dont play enough

Holden

hi im low masters/high diamond with the game understanding of a gm, i just dont play enough
ure trash if you dont have 60% wr at least

lolsanb5dr8.gif

Smithy C

If my team just insta-picks four carries, I always just end up going Ogre Magi. He's kinda tanky so you don't get blown up like CM and you can just sit fairly far back, buff up your four carries, throw a long-ish range stun out every 12 seconds (or more with aghs) and a AOE slow every 15. I've never found him to be too item dependent so you can buy wards and whatever at the same time as getting a force staff.

kvk1

57.58 winrate here.

The secret is playing only 1-2 games per month.

And spending the rest of your time watching the pros and bitching about patches online.

highfive.gif

Holden

you can single handedly win games by being a good support

it wont be anywhere close to as obvious as mid play single handedly winning the game

on average if you do good as support your mmr will go up, and if somebody thinks differently then you are an idiot

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'd take part in that tournament if I'm free that day. I would like to be in the tier that doesn't have 109 in it.

Top Bottom