• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

inkls

pixel art if anyone wants to crop them and use them for avatars:

kCcAkgO.png

xeeGX3U.png

19Ahm18.png

Hylian7

u wot m8

The SS analysis was from me. I never claimed otherwise.

Me and A.B. were talking about your play (and players in general) and he got curious enough to look at the replay you posted in this thread.

Then he liveblogged his reactions to me and I compiled it and put it here.

No you didn't. Dreams posted a link to pastebin.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
No you didn't. Dreams posted a link to pastebin.

Er, I don't know what you're talking about. Was this some MumbleGAF "let's all shit on Hylian" thing? Because AB doesn't Mumble.

EDIT: Okay, I found it. No, that wasn't me or A.B. I thought you were referring to this.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Er, I don't know what you're talking about. Was this some MumbleGAF "let's all shit on Hylian" thing? Because AB doesn't Mumble.

EDIT: Okay, I found it. No, that wasn't me or A.B. I thought you were referring to this.

na we probably wouldn't go through the effort of typing out anonymous essays to shit on hylian

pro is the only one that would and he'd probably just straight up post his replay analysis in this thread

Haly

You're right, you'd just do it here, out in the open.

Hylian7

I have no idea. Dreams said it was someone anonymous that was a lurker. Now you're saying it was you? I'm confused.

Haly

I did analyze your SS game, and I posted it here. I assumed you were talking about that when you mentioned "that SS commentary". I didn't know you were referring to Dreams' pastebin, which I totally forgot about.

Low Tier
Honestly I'm most likely to flame during an analysis but I've never found any of your gripes with heroes worth analyzing. Plus I probably wouldn't do it anonymously and even if I did, my internet colloquialism would make it really obvious if it was me.

Also 1 3 3 2 2 4 is ownage

E: Play greedier and play more like a carry that can find picks, not a ganker that can pick up farm. There's a big difference in how you approach a hero when you're weighing whether to farm or go for a kill. Watch the map and begin to associate heroes who pose a threat to you (silences, hexs) with minimap icons so you can figure out when you can jump safely.

I'm in absolutely terrible form atm, even though I've been winning a few games I've been playing like absolute shit. Basically gone from steady improvement in the first couple of months, to a flatline, and now it's fallen off a cliff

Has anyone else had a problem where it's selecting heroes for you while you're scrolling the available ones? Even used the arrow keys to scroll to make sure it wouldn't happen, and it did it again just now

#persevere

sixghost

Could someone take a look at this replay and let me know where I could have played better? I got a few kills in the trilane, then rotated mid a few times to kill OD as venge. I felt like I played pretty well but we just got crushed later on. I feel like this happens a lot when I play by myself.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/837627654

Mohasus

jVWjm6GELOVYU.png

thanks frog

random lesh, no stun until lv 5, does nothing in lane (no pull, no harass, no wards)

why do people like this even play?

and it was tri vs tri, yeah i lost to a VOID trilane

I haven't really played Storm Spirit since I was first learning the game and thought he was kinda cool. It didn't go that well (35% winrate), so I just avoid him now. I also fell into the hole of thinking 1/3/1 was the only way, so thanks for clearing that up.

Randdalf

I've taken a vow of no Doto until the big update. So I've been playing TF2 instead, and man, never ever give the Dots community a votekick option. The blame game is strong in MvM. But I got an Australium weapon so all is well. Well, mainly my Steam Wallet.

Hylian7

I've taken a vow of no Doto until the big update. So I've been playing TF2 instead, and man, never ever give the Dots community a votekick option. The blame game is strong in MvM. But I got an Australium weapon so all is well. Well, mainly my Steam Wallet.

We already got a big update, it's called workshop tools.

Randdalf

We already got a big update, it's called workshop tools.

Eh, a lot of the custom stuff is going to take a while to reach the main game and also to be of reasonable quality. To be quite frank, playing a half-assed tower defense mode or a class v class death match mode really doesn't appeal to me in any way. People are treating it like the second coming, but all that seems to be happening with the editor right now is ports of old Dota 1 maps that have been done to death. and hacking around with console commands. So call me cynical but all I see being made right now is a bunch of gimmicky stuff, it'll be a long time before we have custom game modes that are really worth playing. In fact, what interests me most is new maps to play Dota on. I would have a go myself but for Dota mapping looking supremely uninteresting (you could say it was two dimensional, hur hur) compared to TF2 mapping, which I've been doing for nearly 7 years on and off.

Big Dog

Lina is secretly OP
mzeuiQW.png

I'm starting to think this myself. I've won three games as her today and had a lot of fun dominating mid as well as the safelane as a bit of a mid game nuker with some heavy team fight stunning. I have noticed lately that some people keep the brown boots (like you have) on Lina and then build them into Boots of Travel later in the game. I find that's pretty smart considering Lina is so fast without the boots upgrade. I might have to give it a try.

Acinixys

Totalbiscuits stream is top quality trench

Bloodseeker silencers the enemy PA so she crits for 1000 instead of 400 and destroys his whole team

Top Bottom