• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
My Omni build was mocked! MOCKED! By my team! They didn't even know!

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/845313242

KxPLzEd.png

My Omni build was mocked! MOCKED! By my team! They didn't even know!

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/845313242

Can you really blame them? If I saw an Omni going for Mjollnir and AC I would be a bit worried. But now that I think about it, what items does Omniknight really need. Vlad's was an excellent choice given your team makeup, but I can't think of any defensive/support items that I would consider "must have" on him. Force Staff I guess would be nice, but other than that Vlad's and AC work great if you can get them.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Can you really blame them? If I saw an Omni going for Mjollnir and AC I would be a bit worried. But now that I think about it, what items does Omniknight really need. Vlad's was an excellent choice given your team makeup, but I can't think of any defensive/support items that I would consider "must have" on him. Force Staff I guess would be nice, but other than that Vlad's and AC work great if you can get them.

I went mid bro. Go ham or go home.

W1SSY

VODS coming soon.

Also thank you W1ssy, that console command worked! I'm sure the second games was a million times better.

No problem just glad I could help.

The other caster is saying that the third game is going to happen at least he put it in the GiantBomb chat.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How long did you spend practicing that signature, matt?

Haly

Honestly, there's not much for DOTA2 to learn from League.

Haly

LC went from a racist white man to a strong independent black woman.

League's waifus are copper tier. All their girls are just DD tits and ass caucasians. DOTA2 has already taken waifus to the next level.

Winter Wyvern Waifu you heard it here first.

LC went from a racist white man to a strong independent black woman.

League's waifus are copper tier. All their girls are just DD tits and ass caucasians. DOTA2 has already taken waifus to the next level.

Winter Wyvern Waifu you heard it here first.

WkOvISR.png

just color it blue bam

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Honestly, there's not much for DOTA2 to learn from League.

After playing with the mod tools, Dota 2 could really use better support for skill shots. Projectiles are actually pretty limited on what they can do, while League does have a ton of projectiles that have unique mechanics. I think if you wanted to make anything really complex, you would have to make it follow a dummy unit and give the dummy unit a path to follow, which could be problematic.

fallagin

I'm finally understanding how to play morphling. Before, I did not level morph all the way up till late game, then I saw some streams and realized that that is his #1 spell to stay alive in the heat of battle. Also figured out a good set of starting items to improve survivability and last hitting. I get 3 branch one armlet, and 2 tangos(sometimes I get 2 salves instead of tangos and 4 branches). This seems to optimize stats and dmg pretty well then I morph to whatever health I think I can get away with.

Ive also been experimenting with getting soul booster instead of linkens and it seems to work pretty well giving health and regen. I do that really only if the enemy doesn't have at least 1 or 2 good single targets or super spammable single targets(like bristleback). Really great for mana regen and health and you can build from arcane boots into it. I also really love soul booster on medusa as well actually. Probably the 2 only non int hero's I think its super good on because of their high mana and health dependency(besides timbersaw).

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
It's interesting how he says that icefrog had "regrets" (implied to be towards valve and dota 2) and that he sounds "very tired". Part of the anonymity is you sometimes don't imagine a person, but an automated robot that constantly churns out heroes and dota updates.

Sibylus

Banned
When I was heading the project I did work with Pendragon a fair bit as he was in charge of the website and such. I don't exactly know where he got the money to do it; I kind of considered it wizardry on his part.

I do recall one particular incident in which he approached me over renaming Razor to Razer for advertising money. I veto'd that since it didn't feel right to me.
Pendragon has some of the worst ideas, huh?

Haly

I like this tidbit:
Tinker: Of my design. Fun fact is that Heat Seeking Missiles is Fan of Knives with a HUGE radius and small target limit. His ultimate actually stems from a limitation in the WarCraft 3 engine. There is no way to reset individual abilities in triggers, so you either reset everything or not. Otherwise he might have ended up quite differently.
A lot of League fanboys like to talk about how DOTA2 has so many mechanics that were the result of an outdated engine, as if this was some kind of implicit negative. However, Tinker as we know it probably wouldn't exist if the WC3 engine was more robust with triggers. No one in their right mind would actually design a hero that gets to refresh all their skills infinitely. League did something similar with Zilean and he doesn't even come close to matching Tinker's depth, nor his long and complex history of builds and playstyles.

So is Polygon just concocting quotes now?

Well two of their main contributors are very well-known for pulling copious amounts of "reporting" from their asses. In any case I don't see why Riot would portray themselves in such a light in an interview, but nobody can confirm that Polygon deliberately misrepresented them for pageviews.

Haly

Riot can probably make inquiries and demand a retraction or apology as to protect their image so...

inkls

Neichus said:
I wish I could change PL really badly. He's one of the heroes that I don't like how he turned out, namely because his ultimate was "I'm out of ideas, here's a passive that helps his other abilities." This is something I drew up a few years ago, but like all ideas I'm posting I don't advocate them given my lack of experience with the current scene:

Phantom Lancer -Overall: Mediocre. He is plagued by the unreliability of his illusion spawning in team battles, as well as a bit of redundant design that his two passives both achieve similar functions.

Spirit Lance Same as current, except it also extends the life of all illusions close to the target by 3 seconds. -Pick function that pauses summon timer for 3 seconds. -400 radius effect around lance target.

Doppelwalk Same as current.

Phantom Edge (passive) Whenever an illusion expires it heals the Phantom Lancer and all other illusions for 1/2/3/4% of their maximum health. In addition, if an illusion is destroyed by an enemy it will also deal 30/60/90/120 damage to that unit upon expiring. -Meant to add a bit of coherent value to illusions as a whole with PL, as well as making slaughtering his illusions dangerous. -The healing illusions aspect is only so that it isn't immediately obvious which one is the real PL (as it is the only one being healed).

Juxtapose (passive, ultimate) Phantom Lancer and his illusions now have the ability to create additional illusions when attacking. A maximum of 4/5/6 illusions spawned by Juxtapose may be active at any time. Illusions last 9 seconds and deal 25% damage.

For illusions: 5% plus a bonus 1% for every non-hero and 3% for every hero in range, up to a maximum bonus of 9/12/15%. For Azwraith: 10% plus a bonus 2% for every non-hero and 6% for every hero in range, up to a maximum bonus of 18/24/30%.

-Designed to counteract his unreliability in team battles by making it far more likely he'll have illusions when he needs them. -Will not proc when attacking towers, same as current. -Range is 1350 and is calculated from Phantom Lancer's location, so he can't just walk away and leave his images to keep farming. Theoretically if he has an illusion off in the woods it could spawn a bunch if he were in the middle of a fight, but that seems like a minor concern. -It's important that all illusions are able to generate more illusions so that at the beginning of a fight PL can get himself started with Spirit Lance and Doppelwalk.

omg yes. Giff pl rework from neichus.

LiQuid!

Next time you play Omni mid, go Phase, S&Y, Atos, Skadi, Heart of Tarrasque, Aghs.

http://a.pomf.se/axkdal.webm

I've tried similar runnin' fast/makem slow build before and didn't like it. The damage is so bad. I had such good DPS in that game with the Mjolnir, attack speed and cleaving. I'm pretty sure I was one kill away from a rampage in a late teamfight but my Slark friend swiped one of my last hits. So greedy.
facepalm.gif

Ketch

6 in a row for me.

first game tonight whent 18/2 jugger, second game became come back of the week. 20k xp down? ez game.

Wok

I'm not sure what I'm more disgusted by. Veno's team not coming to help or you hitting like a wet tissue against an enemy support 6 levels below you.

jk hilarious webm

It is not me, and the venom is really tanky late game (without armor, each hit would deal 260 damage, and about 20 of them hit the target).

Top Bottom