• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

shira

fa02a72575.jpg

Winter is coming.

There's been a pretty wide censorship net cast with regards to the situation, including on GAF. Some of it is probably intentional censorship to try and avoid controversy and negative publicity, but there's probably also some that's just there because the moderators don't want to support a possible witch hunt. I'll give the GAF moderators the benefit of the doubt because more often than not they are a pretty level headed bunch.

Totalbiscuit commented on it and the reddit thread on it has 23k comments and it feels like most of them have been deleted. It's really strange

if the sole source for it wasnt an angry ex who clearly has issues (and desperately needs his internal editor recalibrated) it would probably go a lot further

right now its tabloid fodder

Vaporak

im rereading the tos and not sure why exactly it got locked section II.A? I'm a tad confused

and I mean if it was to prevent a witch hunt where was the thread lock for the ms pr guy last summer about the ms drm thing? Is it better to just pm a mod? Which one would be the best?

Well, if you disagree with how the mods are handling a topic, I guess the logical move would be to PM Evilore.

inkls

if the sole source for it wasnt an angry ex who clearly has issues (and desperately needs his internal editor recalibrated) it would probably go a lot further

right now its tabloid fodder

what about the pics he has of conversation with her where she confirms it?

Well, if you disagree with how the mods are handling a topic, I guess the logical move would be to PM Evilore.

im really just confused as to why it got locked. We got plenty of discussion involving people from the industry and we rarely require source or proof for it, why this time?

Anyone else find it weird that Starladder's expanding South Korea to SEA has resulted in no Korean teams being in it? MVP are easily deserving of a place I think

what about the pics he has of conversation with her where she confirms it?

im really just confused as to why it got locked. We got plenty of discussion involving people from the industry and we rarely require source or proof for it, why this time?
pics you say

conclusive clearly

granted ive already seen like 2 other warnings in other threads to not get off topic with it so you should pm mods if you really want to know i spose

inkls

pics you say

conclusive clearly

granted ive already seen like 2 other warnings in other threads to not get off topic with it so you should pm mods if you really want to know i spose

well he also has a video to demonstrate he didnt forge them the same way tb proved the email a game company sent him which they claimed he had made up to prove he hadn't. But yeah, its pointless to derail this thread more, its not pokemon after all. So evilore is my best bet to get more info?

KingKong

e: yeah no point in talking about it here

special roster guess: a Chinese or Sea player is coming to Europe and will be part of the team

shira

Anyone else find it weird that Starladder's expanding South Korea to SEA has resulted in no Korean teams being in it? MVP are easily deserving of a place I think

They took our Starcraft, we did nothing
They took our LoL, we did nothing
The took our Pokeman, we did nothing

Hylian7

I'll be casting two matches tonight in the Giant Bomb Dota 2 tournament, both involving Freakinchair's Freak Squad. I'll drop the link a bit before time, but it is at 9pm central time.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
e: yeah no point in talking about it here

special roster guess: a Chinese or Sea player is coming to Europe and will be part of the team
I think it was reported the team was all European. I'm going with something like s4 + kuroky, and some other non-cis players.

Wok

I have just thrown a game as Morphling: during the whole game, I have activated the teleportation to my replicate several times without even noticing, which resulted in some failed kills of the ennemy carry; once it saved my life I have to admit; more importantly, it resulted in less damage to their ancients. In the end, their ancient had about 100 hp left, which I could totally have dealt earlier. This is clearly one of my biggest throw so far, do not watch, I am actually afraid many of these plays could appear in the fails of the week. I don't even know whether this is a bug with my keyboard settings, or if my fingers really hit the wrong keys.

Ic4LaSj.png

versus
H0FTVC1.png

which is about one hit by either of our heroes:
HuBEjPX.jpg

Eenzsr4.png

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Please watch the last 10 minutes of this game Match ID 844941933 We lost in the most soul crushing way. All their rax down, all of our up. One mid tower left for them. They start pushing our mid rax and we know we won't be able to defend. We tell our NP to go push down the throne. Our Nature's Prophet TPs to where the Dire Tier 2 tower should be and starts pushing from there. They take our throne.

I genuinely haven't flamed someone in team chat before (I know I'm not very good so I'm sure as hell not throwing the first stone), but I cussed this shit out of our NP.

I hope you didn't embarrass yourself too much because there was nothing that Furion could have done to win you that game.

1. Dire team had 3 players in their base defending so if he just TP'd in directly he would have died quicker than he did to the solo Zeus
2. there were no radiant creeps on the dire high ground, so that one tower + the throne would have been back door protected
3. at the end of that game the only two radiant heroes alive were the WD and Invoker, who had a combined net worth lower than almost everybody else in the game individually

That game started going really bad around the 35-40 minute mark which is pretty much the end of your guys' push lineup's window to finish against a team with as many farmed and/or fed carries as the dire team. I'm surprised you guys managed to hold out for another 40 minutes against them but at the point in the game where you all lost, flaming the Furion was the wrong thing to do. That guy tried his best, but you all melted against their final mid push to end. The Invoker was probably the hero on the team that had the biggest hand in your loss. Also that WD's feeding and lack of kill contribution probably didn't help.

Quesa

load game up

Dude hovers over timber whole picking phase, picks him

"cm come top I can't lane solo"

we lose

close dota

dota down

steam down

that's how bad that game was
--

mystery team is dylan dylan dylan dylan and dylan

Please watch the last 10 minutes of this game Match ID 844941933 We lost in the most soul crushing way. All their rax down, all of our up. One mid tower left for them. They start pushing our mid rax and we know we won't be able to defend. We tell our NP to go push down the throne. Our Nature's Prophet TPs to where the Dire Tier 2 tower should be and starts pushing from there. They take our throne.

I genuinely haven't flamed someone in team chat before (I know I'm not very good so I'm sure as hell not throwing the first stone), but I cussed this shit out of our NP.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/817340245

Welcome to the club...apparently it's possible to lose with mega creeps. I replay that game in my head from time to time and I think the only way my team could've won the match would've been to all turtle up, get BOTS and save for buy back and just repeatedly hammer at their ancient.

Ketch

This is freakin awesome, I love you.

Is it gonna be streamed anywhere?

All right I guess if he posted the details I can explain.

Nexon blocked SEA teams from playing last season so SEA are returning the favour.

Nexon were also responsible for Zephyr not being allowed to play in last season's Korean qualifiers.

Is this like the stupid starcraft bullshit all over again?

Gav47

All right I guess if he posted the details I can explain.

Nexon blocked SEA teams from playing last season so SEA are returning the favour.

Nexon were also responsible for Zephyr not being allowed to play in last season's Korean qualifiers.

So fucking stupid
facepalm.gif

Chris R

SEA stuff sucks, because I want Doto to become a bigger thing in Korea :( I have a blast watching the games in KDL on Saturday (wish the Wednesday morning games weren't so damn late!)

Quesa

Ok so I queued right before steam was down, wait like two hours while doing work stuff, then hop back in to item manage, get an immediate "your game is ready" without hitting the find match button. lol

W1SSY

I bet the mystery team with 2 international winners is Puppey and either LighTofHeaveN or Artstyle. I cannot see anyone from Newbee or IG joining a European team. The only other option is Alliance and as far as I know nothing has been mentioned about Alliance making changes.

Mystery team: Bulldog, Puppey,
Sheever, Sheever's sister, xyclops
I fully support this as long as one of the caster channels are reserved for the team audio.

Ketch

kuroky, puppey, egm, akke, black.

i guess that's too many ti winners, but I can dream.

edit: well it's definetly got to be some kind of ex navi/alliance duo... so probably kuro for sure.... and then since it's two ti winners I think either kuro/puppey or kuro/ex-alliance. And then Black has got to be in there because he's looking for an EU team right? If they get black then that means they don't need a carry so loda's out. I also think kuro's gonna play offlane (because he should) so that means bulldog's out.

So I think it's either kuro, puppey, black, +2 OR kuro, black, then either egm, akke, or s4 +2 more.

I think the +2 would be from mousesports (team dog) or empire... but not vanskor because he's trying to replace kuro on na'vi.

final guess is something like: Kuro, Akke, Resolution, Black, and not pajkatt or fata.

Top Bottom