• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Hylian7

TI3 also ended in mid-August instead of mid-July.

If the patch is any later than September 1st, it's actually a longer wait than it was between TI3 and First Blood

EDIT: This is also two LoL champs revealed in a month. They are sticking it to Valve.
Lol, if you think they are "sticking it to Valve" by being a hero factory you are damn mistaken. Beyond Dota, Valve takes time with stuff, everyone knows that. TF2 was in development for 9 years and what we got was certainly better than that TFC Source with a Counter Strike look.

The good thing about Dota in it's current situation? The game STILL doesn't grow old. I still play every day. They could never patch again and I would still probably play every day.

So many times LoL has come out the gate with half baked/overpowered champions that completely ruin the game until the next patch, just so they can say "We put out X heroes every month!"

Hylian7

Does anyone use right click deny via console/autoexec?

Seems nice, but it will probably cause a few unfortunate mistakes.
I don't. I just like A-clicking to deny, it's a weird personal preference, just like I hate quick cast, even though it is technically more efficient for Meepo.

For those that don't know, there is a console command (I forget what it is) that lets you attack allies by right clicking instead of A-click.

The console command stops you from using right click to follow on allies which is pretty annoying on certain heroes and any heroes with illusions or minions, having to M click in battle instead.

A click is second nature after a while anyhow.

Aselith

Every person ever should. It doesn't actually cause mistakes because it only works on creeps you still have to attack move - left click on towers and teammates.

ksan

Lol, if you think they are "sticking it to Valve" by being a hero factory you are damn mistaken. Beyond Dota, Valve takes time with stuff, everyone knows that. TF2 was in development for 9 years and what we got was certainly better than that TFC Source with a Counter Strike look.

The good thing about Dota in it's current situation? The game STILL doesn't grow old. I still play every day. They could never patch again and I would still probably play every day.

So many times LoL has come out the gate with half baked/overpowered champions that completely ruin the game until the next patch, just so they can say "We put out X heroes every month!"

Because of shit like that I thank every divine being ever that Icefrog still has control over dota 2.

Artanisix

~
cool.gif
KREYGASM
cool.gif
~

Because of shit like that I thank every divine being ever that Icefrog still has control over dota 2.

Icefrog was actually gabe newell all along

Putting the original dev on a game doesn't totally guarantee anything btw, they put one of the original cs mod devs in charge of cs go and look how they butchered much of what made that cs good anyhow.

Zeth

I thought the right-click deny thing was now in the options too - but I've just looked through the options a few times and I don't see it. Must have mixed it up with something else.

ksan

Icefrog was actually gabe newell all along

Putting the original dev on a game doesn't totally guarantee anything btw, they put one of the original cs mod devs in charge of cs go and look how they butchered much of what made that cs good anyhow.

They tried their best to make a game worse than CS:S, and failed.
When they gave up on that, the game actually turned out pretty damn good, especially with non-valve servers.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Every person ever should. It doesn't actually cause mistakes because it only works on creeps you still have to attack move - left click on towers and teammates.

You say that until you go to right click deny, miss, click the ground, walk forward into dangerous range, and then die in lanes. I remember when I first started playing dota I would use right click to last hit and this thing would happen to me often, I would end up walking where I wouldn't be trying to and die because of it. A-clicking eliminates this as a possibility.

Goddard

There was no fighting remember, only push.

Lol. I was just looking at my compendium to see if I got any of the player predictions correct. I guessed XBOCT would have the most rampages, got it wrong, and when I clicked the "more info" box it said "there were no rampages during the main event of ti4."

Big Dog

I do and it was the best change that I ever made as far as my game settings. The command is 'dota_force_right_click_attack 1' to execute the change (yes there is a blank space between 'attack' and '1', the '1' is opposed to the original '0' that the game launches with.

It's not even about hero arms race, it's because of parity. Techies and Pitlord were in before TI1.

Top Bottom