• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Hylian7

da real hotness
Bv_roXJCUAALZY8.jpg
Bv_rboUCIAAQszZ.jpg

Preordering that combo pack tomorrow.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
w h e r e i s b l o g u p d a t e

10 years since last blog post. I walk through the empty streets trying to think of something else but my path always leads to the Dota 2 blog. I stare at the screen for hours and try to summon the update. I check other game's updates but it is no good. I flame Matt in his channel and try to resist the Nazi mods but it is all meaningless. The end is near. I then usually read some old patch notes and cry myself to sleep.

Back to Diablo III to try out this patch until Dota gets one of its own. I just mapped my action keys to QWER. I don't know if this is going to help me or confuse me more.

Haunted

Ok guys, I think my inventory hotkeys are kinda bad and I need help fixing them.

I'm using

Code:
Alt-Q Alt-W Alt-E
Alt-D Alt-F Space

I changed from the default 1 2 3 4 5 Space sometime last year, I don't even remember the reason tbh. edit: I remembered the reason while going through my keys - it's because of control groups. old SC muscle memory to have my control groups on the numbers. Though there are so few heroes where that's actually necessary...

pros:
I find it super easy to execute the top row and the bottom right (usually where the most important "twitch" item goes) because my fingers are already in position.

cons:
I have trouble executing bottom left and bottom middle - it's pretty rare for me to have more than 4 active items, but when I do, it's a problem.
I currently don't have autocast mapped. I know that's really bad on certain heroes (Clinkz, Drow etc) as I have to actually manually click on it at the moment.

So, what do? What's everyone else using in here?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Still playing almost all Earthshaker. Trying him at all positions. I don't know why but I feel at the mercy of my team so much when I play that hero, and it's making me hostile towards my teams. I had an alright mid game but the PotM on my team was really useless so I called her a dumpster. Feel kind of bad about it now in hindsight, but I think it was justified the same way I feel like people calling me bad names when I do really badly is acceptable. I also abandoned this game after I found out our Sniper (only carry) was playing support. Once again, I don't feel like this was unjustified, even if it was kinda rude. Whatever. If you wanna play support Sniper, go do it in a bot match.

Hylian7

So many stomps in this league. With 16 teams, maybe someone should've had a look at (average) team MMR and divided into two skill brackets or something.

Well, not that I really mind as a spectator. :D

Yeah, I really think they need seperate divisions, as some of the teams are pretty much brand new to Dota. There's nothing wrong with being new, but I can't imagine it's fun to be faced against Freakinchair's Fraud Squad when you're still afraid of Pudge and Riki.

Ultrabum

Yeah, I really think they need seperate divisions, as some of the teams are pretty much brand new to Dota. There's nothing wrong with being new, but I can't imagine it's fun to be faced against Freakinchair's Fraud Squad when you're still afraid of Pudge and Riki.

The imbalance present in these tournaments highlights the effectiveness of valves matchmaking.

Literally makes dota 2 a different game than dota 1.

Haunted

Code:
d           f      mouse button

space    nothing   mouse button

I kind of want to fill that last one, but I can't find a good button I don't already use.
D and F are mapped to the 4th/5th skill when on a hero with 6 skills for me. What buttons do you use there?

Q W E [D F] R

edit: I do have two extra mouse buttons...

Goddard

Does anyone know if there's a way to turn off spell highlighting on level up with steam hero guides? Whenever I pick up a new hero I like to use guides to get a good feel for how the hero is generally played, but when I have one selected on a hero I'm experienced with, choose to level up a different spell than the guide says to, like 5/10 times I'll accidentally do something stupid like spec scorched earth instead of Doom because the guide highlighted that spell with a big ass yellow border. It's fucking frustrating.

Haunted

What's the name for creeps in a lane that had its raxes destroyed and how do they differ from mega creeps? I remember a compendium stretch goal for a new mega creep skin, which of the three creep states will that apply to? Just the one when all three lanes are down, or individual lanes as well?

Does anyone know if there's a way to turn off spell highlighting on level up with steam hero guides? Whenever I pick up a new hero I like to use guides to get a good feel for how the hero is generally played, but when I have one selected on a hero I'm experienced with, choose to level up a different spell than the guide says to, like 5/10 times I'll accidentally do something stupid like spec scorched earth instead of Doom because the guide highlighted that spell with a big ass yellow border. It's fucking frustrating.
Can't you just not use guides when using heroes you're experienced with? I don't think you can disable that specifically and still use a guide.

Kard8p3

What's the name for creeps in a lane that had its raxes destroyed and how do they differ from mega creeps? I remember a compendium stretch goal for a new mega creep skin, which of the three creep states will that apply to?

Can't you just not use guides when using heroes you're experienced with?

If you destroy a lane of rax that lane has mega creeps. When the announcer says "Dire/Radiant has mega creeps" it just means ALL lanes now has mega creeps instead of 1/3 or 2/3.

Haunted

If you destroy a lane of rax that lane has mega creeps. When the announcer says "Dire/Radiant has mega creeps" it just means ALL lanes now has mega creeps instead of 1/3 or 2/3.
So the mega creeps when three lanes are down are not stronger than the creeps in a lane without rax? I actually thought they all get stronger when the third lane goes down. Interesting.

Want to see my incomprehensibly stupid keyboard layout? I made this a while ago when I was trying to figure everything out.
*backs away slowly*

:p

But srsly, that does look pretty crazy, I don't think I could get used to that. I need the logical progression of keys being next to each other, having W as the fourth skill and R not be the ultimate would fuck me up so bad. :lol Then again, there are people who play with legacy keys and that is some really crazy stuff.

Xelis

Create your own guide, don't set any skill build just pick the items.

Haunted

You were right. There's just not a different name.
!

See, that's what naming them all mega creeps does to people. Second phase needs a different name, if not a different model altogether. If they just stick to being larger, call the units big creeps or something.

edit: looked it up on the wiki. The mega creeps that spawn when all three lanes are down are like regular megas, but outfitted with maximum bonuses (equivalent to mega creeps at gametime 3h45m). So they both are the "same" mega creeps, but the three lane creeps are much stronger compared to regular megas.

shira

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/2eo63g/dota_2_beta_26th_august_item_schema_update/ck1e0vf

Andrew Helenek said:
I'm just going to state that I feel everyone should avoid the Axe set, the creator is the most disrespectful artist on the workshop.

For example, he had to create a new account on dota2.dev because his original one was banned. He has called the creator of the "Blessings of Lucentyr Set" a bitch and accused her of manipulating the workshop on the forum. Read the whole thread just to see how vile his attitude is toward other artist. [Source] [Source]

There was another instance of him disrespecting Anuxi's work. I quote "Because it's fucking junk. Just ugly. That's it." [Source]

If you want to read more of what he's said on the forums feel free to check out his banned account here; [Link]

And to confirm that it is in fact his account, here is a post made by the account stating that the "Incantations of Hell" set was created by him. [Source]

I'm only typing all of this because multiple workshop artist have spoken up in the past in reguards to his attitude yet he is still rewarded for his behavior. I just want to make sure everyone understands where your money is going if you purchase a set created by this guy. Here is his steam account and workshop page

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ψ Raise your pitchforks ψ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

imgur links of his forum post http://imgur.com/a/toOZJ#0

Matt drama is funny, but
Hat drama is the craziest.
This guy is just way too alpha. WTF.

Goddard

What's the name for creeps in a lane that had its raxes destroyed and how do they differ from mega creeps? I remember a compendium stretch goal for a new mega creep skin, which of the three creep states will that apply to? Just the one when all three lanes are down, or individual lanes as well?

Can't you just not use guides when using heroes you're experienced with? I don't think you can disable that specifically and still use a guide.

I just like to call them super creeps. I'm pretty sure a long time ago during dota all stars that's what they were called. Even if on a technicality they are the same thing but the ones with 3 rax down are just farther progressed, it's still misleading to me.

Create your own guide, don't set any skill build just pick the items.

Smart actually. I have made guides for Ursa, Doom, Sniper, Alchemist, and a couple of others, but I just feel like there is something missing when I do it myself. When I leave it default skill build I always end up forgetting at least one of the items I usually like to build when I'm following a guide, and when I run guides I always fuck up my skills, nobody wins out, lol. I wish there were a way to just toggle of skill builds that are part of total guides.

parasight

BwBnMbOIUAAoCMk.jpg:large

Is this what TI4 was like?

10 times worse. I still remember being in the Fear mob by the EG banner. He was trapped right by a Key Arena entrance, so it never ended. No lines were formed, just a massive mob and people were going up to him asking for photos and signatures while holding pizza and other food uncomfortably close to his face and other peoples' faces.

Good times.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

They had separate divisions last year and it didn't really work out. Split the signups so there were only like 9 upper div teams and maybe 6 lower div. Also no one gave a shit about the lower division teams, and the streams got like maybe 4 viewers. Pretty much 0 interest, so what's the point? So they made the decision to just have an open tourney this year, which I kinda agree with, stomps or no stomps. Much better than last year.

Top Bottom