• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Gav47

Blink Dagger CD incrased to 15 seconds
Blink Dagger cost reduced to 900G
Every hero now buys Blink Dagger just like boots

Haunted

All flying units get permanent flying vision, but no movement speed bonuses are granted by items.

I think boots being the one ubiquitous item in Dota 2 is bad design.

kvk1

Or just create a new item called blink boots.

Same cost and MS of boots of travel, but instead of the TP you get the blink.

kvk1

boots of midas

think about it

cool.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Nerf now makes me want to vomit and then blend that vomit into a delicious smoothie and drink it for breakfast so that I can vomit it back up again.

Haunted

Nerf now makes me want to vomit and then blend that vomit into a delicious smoothie and drink it for breakfast so that I can vomit it back up again.
yeah but you called one of your teammates a dumpster and abandoned a game because of someone's pick/item choices so we've already established that you're a horrible person

it's hit and miss

Haunted

Can't say I feel like I'm getting what he's trying to imply, if not in very vague terms.
EDIT- ...especially about Korea.

Based on the professioanl games I watched, what I learned is: Chinese Dota is very methodical, very goal oriented. Chinese dota is the one where I expect less individual "big plays" but where I rarely see big throws.

South Korea dota is still too young, unexperienced. It's kinda of cute in a way, and where you can see some unexpected things because they'll try crazy stuff the more experienced teams may avoid.

Russian dota is super agressive. Big dives, big plays and big throws all around. Never a dull moment. DAVAI!
Clearly, I need to watch more Russian teams.

kvk1

Ok, find Synderen's chat channel from inside the client.

Click on this profile, click "Watch Game."

That's how I got in.

Edit: watch_server "A:1:940930052:4588"

Nirvana

Do you ever get the feeling that you're just so, so bad at this game? And like, you'll never get any better? That's me every second day of playing this game.

I swear every second day I lose all map awareness, willingness to farm efficiently and knowledge of item builds and I just lose, lose, lose.

Risible

Well, I'm done playing with people on my Steam Friends list. It always ends in disaster.

When I play with people I "know" (using the term loosely, as my RL friends don't play Dota) I tend to tense up and try to play differently because I want to do well so as to not let them down. It's a different vibe from when I just queue with random pubs. Often this leads me to screw up because I'm focusing so much on not screwing up that I end up really screwing up.

I queued with some dudes from my Friends list and we start to play and it's a disaster from the start. I'm just feeding like an idiot. One of the guys is giving me shit but I just apologize and try to do my best, but now it's this negative feedback loop of him talking shit and me trying to not fuck up. By the end I was like dude, I don't know what you want me to say, I've apologized multiple times, and yet he's STILL fucking ranting. I can't imagine what he would be like with someone NOT on his "Friends" list. Game ended and I just defriended him immediately.

I understand that it's frustrating, but if someone is apologizing it's time to grow up and realize that it's just a game and that sometimes shit happens and let it go. Dude could not for the life of himself let it go.

The big problem with this game is that far too often a game ends and I ask myself "Why am I playing this?" When everyone is cordial, even in losing, it's a blast, but far too often it turns into shit-talking contest. A few days ago we were trouncing the other team and my team was shit-talking each other....wtf. And that happens pretty fucking often, sadly. How can you win and still be salty?!

Ketch

If they're on your friends list and they act like that don't play with them. I would consider taking them off my list if I were you.

If it's rando pubs then just mute everybody.

Even if your getting stomped, try to find a couple things to focus on... last hits, skill combos, map awareness.

Top Bottom