• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

dmshaposv

BwBnMbOIUAAoCMk.jpg:large

Is this what TI4 was like?

too much power for a 17 year old.

Nirvana

Awaiting all of the bitching threads on Reddit that are absurdly hyperbolic, such as:

"I am DISGUSTED by Valve's conduct. We were promised a patch by the end of the month and once again have been let down. I for one am uninstalling this game and boycotting all Valve products until this has been fully rectified. This is offensive to the community and an utter disgrace. I used to trust this game company and now I feel I have no choice but to denounce them. SHAME ON YOU VALVE"

And then the update comes out and the same guy posts a "Shout out to Valve" thread sucking them off because he likes the look of the Techies Aracana.

I'm just going to assume that they are going to release a pretty substantial patch, as they did with the 3 spirits patch, and try and ignore all the inevitable complaining.

Spookie

Awaiting all of the bitching threads on Reddit that are absurdly hyperbolic, such as:

"I am DISGUSTED by Valve's conduct. We were promised a patch by the end of the month and once again have been let down. I for one am uninstalling this game and boycotting all Valve products until this has been fully rectified. This is offensive to the community and an utter disgrace. I used to trust this game company and now I feel I have no choice but to denounce them. SHAME ON YOU VALVE".

Sounds like a typical week on reddit. But I'm sure they'll soon find out about some journalistic corruption, such as someone sharing a coffee with a PR rep and completely forget about techies for a short while.

Sentenza

I just heard watching Fails of the Week on DotaCinema that there is a rework for Faceless Void incoming and it was voted as a priority by users. WHY?

I mean, maybe it will be for the better, but I love how the character looks.
It was one of the best looking heroes in his vanilla version.

Arkanius

I just heard watching Fails of the Week on DotaCinema that there is a rework for Faceless Void incoming and it was voted as a priority by users. WHY?

I mean, maybe it will be for the better, but I love how the character looks.
It was one of the best looking heroes in his vanilla version.

He is bland
But I'm still mad Slardar didn't win

I really hope Valve at least release an updated ETA on the patch if it's not going to come in the next few days, we don't need another Diretide spamfest

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
4 updates to the beta client yesterday going pretty late into the night. They do seem to be working pretty hard to get it done.

dmshaposv

He is bland
But I'm still mad Slardar didn't win

FV has the best character design. Just about anyone with taste, knows that. Almost all casters/streamers seem to be lamenting that.

Sadly, the majority of the community has really shitty taste. As can been seen by the amount of trash that gets in through the steam workshop.

Arkanius

FV has the best character design. Just about anyone with taste, knows that. Almost all casters/streamers seem to be lamenting that.

Sadly, the majority of the community has really shitty taste. As can been seen by the amount of trash that gets in through the steam workshop.

His model isn't that good or unique other than the Faceless part
The animations aren't that great as well.

For such a unique hero, he could be a lot more.

Quesa

-Faceless Void is now Faceless Ranger
-Added cool anime armor and boobs to face of base model due to popular demand

So I-League has been moved from 5-7 September to 25-28 September so that it doesn't clash with WEC

Seems like a decision they should have made earlier, could have got more tier 1 European teams in the qualifier if they delayed it

elyetis

I don't have much to say about the hero itself, but I do think no one ever delivered a truly good set for him. Which is probably why I end up not being too fond of it's current appearance.

Apparently ACE have released the status of tournament payouts since February

Prize sent out:
WVW
ECL
GEST
V-League
Sina Solo Cup
CDEC (only one team had fapiao or invoice issues)

Prize not sent out:
WPC-ACE
The Summit
ESL One
StarLadder 9
MDL (MarsTV Dota League)
KDL (Korean Dota League)

Because of Sylvaras Windrunner
Blizzard's IP

Actually it's Alleria Windrunner she's a reference to:
In DotA, Windranger was known as Alleria the Windrunner. Alleria Windrunner is a character from the Warcraft universe. In the November 21, 2013 update, her name was changed to "Windranger", likely to avoid copyright issues with Blizzard
Windranger's current name, Lyralei, is a partial anagram of Alleria (one of the A's was replaced with the Y).

They had separate divisions last year and it didn't really work out. Split the signups so there were only like 9 upper div teams and maybe 6 lower div. Also no one gave a shit about the lower division teams, and the streams got like maybe 4 viewers. Pretty much 0 interest, so what's the point? So they made the decision to just have an open tourney this year, which I kinda agree with, stomps or no stomps. Much better than last year.

ur just saying that because u r on the stomp team!!

Hylian7

They had separate divisions last year and it didn't really work out. Split the signups so there were only like 9 upper div teams and maybe 6 lower div. Also no one gave a shit about the lower division teams, and the streams got like maybe 4 viewers. Pretty much 0 interest, so what's the point? So they made the decision to just have an open tourney this year, which I kinda agree with, stomps or no stomps. Much better than last year.
True, I still think there should be some kind of solution to the stomps though. I can't imagine they are learning anything by getting absolutely stomped by an unorthodox Ellen Pudge draft. Sadly, I don't think there is a solution short of an MMR/hours requirement. I suppose they could make it more like a guideline, not actually barring anyone from entering, just warning them they might want to have X amount of game experience before entering.

inkls

Alright, so while there's nothing currently happening (until maybe later today or during the week) I thought it would be fun if we discussed concepts for new heroes. What are type of heroes and/or abilities you'd like to see?

Here's one I've been thinking about:

An intelligence illusion based hero

abilities:

1) A targetable burst spell. Illusions can also cast the spell but cooldown is shared with original hero and still costs mana when used by illusion. damage stacks but is halved by % (I'm thinking 50) when one or more illusion is present (including the original). To have illusion cast you'd just need to select the specific illusion(s) and hero.

I'm thinking of 100/200/300/400 or 75/150/225/300 for damage.

2) Illusion spawning ability. Spawns illusions (1/2/2/3). Dunno about the specifics like extra damage taken and % of dmg dealt by illusions auto-attacks.

heres a chart with how the first ability would interact with number of illusions including the hero:

0 - 100/200/300/400 or 75/150/225/300
1 - 100/200/300/400 or 75/150/225/300
2 - 150/300/450/600 or 112.5/225/337.5/450
3 - 200/400/600/800 or 150/300/450/600
4 - 250/500/750/1000 or 187.5/337.5/562.5/750

3) CC. Creates a visible tether between you and other illusions within a X radius of you. Any enemy who crosses the tether will be slowed/stunned/snared. If at least 3 (2 illusions) the area within the tether will deal damage over time to enemies within it.

Leveling up would increase radius/tether range stun/slow/snare duration and damage over time.

4) Ult. Has 2 passives and an active:

Passive 1: gives X points of str for every X in int or Mana. (leveling up ult increases ratio)

Passive 2: Gives more armor based on the number of enemy heroes present (including illusions) (leveling up increase amount of armor gained)

Active: Damage from the first ability is no longer halved or is halved by a lesser percentage (ex: 35%/20%/5%. Numbers can be changed). (leveling up lowers cd and lowers % of damage halved while active if present)

I think his abilities are pretty good and that his ult's passives deals with the main issues that would be problematic on an int illusion hero which is that your hp, armor and attack speed would be pretty bad compared to other illusion heroes.

So what do you guys think? What are concepts for heroes and abilities you'd like to see in Dota 2 when Valve are done porting existing heroes?

Hylian7

I'll break the cycle and make a new rune.

Flight

Gives your hero wings, temporarily turning them into a flying unit with flying vision. Lasts 30 seconds.

sephi22

So the schema update was essentially damage control.

Top Kek valve.
Yup. The beta gets updated all the time but we rarely get schema updates for it. Ember and legion were in beta and we only got a controlled leak from wyk.

Matt isn't in the beta, so I guess he got the info from wyk or another beta dude to post this info with Valves blessings because the patch isn't coming this month.

throw in a shit rune like half damage or something so mids have to decide if it's worth 30 seconds of shit to get a bottle refill

actually thats a terrible idea they could just crow in that time

manfestival

throw in a shit rune like half damage or something so mids have to decide if it's worth 30 seconds of shit to get a bottle refill

I actually really like that idea! Adding negative effect runes would really change a lot in the game too. Maybe even a bkb rune... but that might be too powerful. Maybe a one spell shield rune so its a linkens but it can be popped the one time?

moggio

Banned
Wow, it's a good feeling when a team of complete strangers work together to overcome the odds. Felt like we were reading each other's minds. Uncanny.

I don't speak Russian, but I think the other team were miffed.

1/10 runes is a poison rune that decreases your health and mana with each charge instead of healing you. There is no way of knowing your rune is poisonous until you use a charge.

Mid is now a crapshoot.

TUSR

Banned
Wow, it's a good feeling when a team of complete strangers work together to overcome the odds. Felt like we were reading each other's minds. Uncanny.

I don't speak Russian, but I think the other team were miffed.

I had that last night. I completely wiffed an arrow on Mirana which was pretty inexcusable on my part. And the guy that was bitching at me, I just asked him "do we really want to do this? I made a mistake, lets get our shit together and beat these guys"

And we did. I think its these crazy games that keep me coming back, that and hats.

Then later that same game we had a Spanish fellow who I rotated to, and saved. He started speaking in Espanol and I was like "youre welcome???"

Haunted

Using the opponents secret shop gives a 10% discount on items, does not work with courier.

cosmetic update: model many more items for when they're dropped

Top Bottom