• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
350px-Zgmf-x20a.jpg

"KIRA YAMATO!"
"ASSRAM ZARA!"

Zeth

My client straight up crashes any time I load up Ember Spirit customization screen or try to pick him. Only him. I can scroll through each character loadout no problemo - just Ember crashes the game. I've verified my shit - and can't find anyone else who's encountered it. Just wanted to throw this out there one last time before reinstalling completely.

CyborgMatt halp!

ElyrionX

Watching these pro matches. Valve needs to enforce some kind of policy where all pro players either go by their real names or they go by a fixed nickname. It's ridiculous. Arteezy sometimes goes by RTZ and in ESL One he was EG.Allison. Tobiwan calls him RTZ all the time, of course, but how the hell is a casual viewer supposed to know EG.Allison is the RTZ that the casters keep talking about? Same thing goes for iG's Luo who used iG.Xi and Tobiwan kept calling him Luo.

If Valve is truly serious about esports, they need to know it's the little things like these that matter as well.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Watching these pro matches. Valve needs to enforce some kind of policy where all pro players either go by their real names or they go by a fixed nickname. It's ridiculous. Arteezy sometimes goes by RTZ and in ESL One he was EG.Allison. Tobiwan calls him RTZ all the time, of course, but how the hell is a casual viewer supposed to know EG.Allison is the RTZ that the casters keep talking about? Same thing goes for iG's Luo who used iG.Xi and Tobiwan kept calling him Luo.

If Valve is truly serious about esports, they need to know it's the little things like these that matter as well.

Something tells me Valve will have exactly that requirement for TI4.

But I agree with you generally.

Mohasus

Tobiwan calls him RTZ all the time, of course, but how the hell is a casual viewer supposed to know EG.Allison is the RTZ that the casters keep talking about?

All players are introduced at the beginning of the match. They could use just hero names but I don't think it matters.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Today in bot games I learned that cliffjungling mirana was a thing

You can also do it with Puck. Or if you are truly insane, have Earth Spirit push you on top of the cliff and do it with any high ranged hero.

The worst part is, they already did do that, and then the players simply change what their "Official" name is as a joke. You can only change the name every 2 weeks, but that makes it worse in some ways since you then the player is stuck with their joke name for two weeks.

valve has had that in previous internationals already

i think was empire that had to forfeit one match because one of them wouldn't remove a heart from the end of his name

ElyrionX

i think was empire that had to forfeit one match because one of them wouldn't remove a heart from the end of his name

Wait what? That actually happened?

On a slightly related note, I can't believe Tobiwan is still shouting into the mic. I'm watching iG-EG game 1 and his casting is giving me a headache from all that shouting. I thought he got rid of this shit already.

Hylian7

Today in bot games I learned that cliffjungling mirana was a thing

Coaching my friend (brand new to Dota) I learned that Armlet Riki is apparently a thing. He won, and the only reason he won was because the other team doesn't know what detection is.

You can also do it with Puck. Or if you are truly insane, have Earth Spirit push you on top of the cliff and do it with any high ranged hero.

The other day a Dusa on my team did ancients... On Dire. It's already useless in 6.81, and attempting it on Dire is only worse.

shira

The worst part is, they already did do that, and then the players simply change what their "Official" name is as a joke. You can only change the name every 2 weeks, but that makes it worse in some ways since you then the player is stuck with their joke name for two weeks.

I thought there is official match names with color codes where it goes:

team.nick.sponsor

EG.Arteezy.HyperX

And for pubbing/streaming and such it's 9tentaclesurprise or whatever they want, but for offical games its always the match name

Acinixys

Empires Silent has ALWAYS has his name as Silent <3 Mila, who is his long time girlfriend

Was probably some tight ass admin stiring shit

Haly

They're different heroes.

Jugg, despite what some pubbies would lead you to believe, is actually a semi-carry ganker type, not an afk-farm hard carry type. He's like Slark, or Ember Spirit. He gets 6, and then goes ham on the other team, with the potential to transition into late-game carry if his team really needs it.

The problem is, he's no Slark, or Ember Spirit, so he gets marginalized except in fringe push-farm comps, because his Ward is bananas for pushing.

inkls

http://www.datdota.com/hero.php?q=Juggernaut

Loda likes him, and apparently so does China/SEA.

dam, those kda are depressing

BAT not low enough yet.

6.81 - juggernaut now has a Bat of 1

He's fantastic, kicks ass in pubs.

But if you could choose between FV or Jugg, FV is clearly superior. That's the problem.

Considering FV is mostly picked offlane now, this shouldn't be an issue.

Also, this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TnIkDJ2VPA

They're different heroes.

Jugg, despite what some pubbies would lead you to believe, is actually a semi-carry ganker type, not an afk-farm hard carry type. He's like Slark, or Ember Spirit. He gets 6, and then goes ham on the other team, with the potential to transition into late-game carry if his team really needs it.

The problem is, he's no Slark, or Ember Spirit, so he gets marginalized except in fringe push-farm comps, because his Ward is bananas for pushing.

One thing i've been thinking tho. Isn't the point of battlefury on him the same point of battlefury on ember with sleight of fist?

Haly

One thing i've been thinking tho. Isn't the point of battlefury on him the same point of battlefury on ember with sleight of fist?

No, because battlefury doesn't work with Omnislash damage. For all intents and purposes, it's a physical spell, not actual auto attacks.

However, during Omnislash Juggernaut can get in extra hits depending on his attack speed, which actually do work with Battlefury.

People get Battlefury because HURR DURR DERP DERP DERP.

Just got into an All Random Deathmatch in matchmaking I thought that wasn't in the game yet?

Seems to be automatically turning on when I pick All Pick

Just got into an All Random Deathmatch in matching I thought that wasn't in the game yet?

The checkbox is there but not displayed. Click in the empty spot at the bottom of the second column to add/remove it from your search list.

Hylian7

Permanent Invis on almost anything that isn't a right clicker is fun as hell in Ability Draft. My favorite build was Dis Raptor with Thunder Strike, Arc Lightning, Essence Aura, and Permanent Invis. I could just run around the map and blow people up. With Thunder Strike I would never lose vision. Never had mana problems either.

Chris R

Just got into an All Random Deathmatch in matching I thought that wasn't in the game yet?

It's in game, just hidden. When you open up match type, try clicking around the area that is blank in the bottom right to enable/disable it.

It's in game, just hidden. When you open up match type, try clicking around the area that is blank in the bottom right to enable/disable it.

Doesn't seem to need that for me, if I go into my settings for game modes and save it, it turns it on, if I go in again it turns off

How do items work in that game mode? Do you keep the same items you had on your last hero? Didn't die for the entire game so no idea

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Doesn't seem to need that for me, if I go into my settings for game modes and save it, it turns it on, if I go in again it turns off

How do items work in that game mode? Do you keep the same items you had on your last hero? Didn't die for the entire game so no idea

Stealth brag

Zeth

LOL! Did anyone just catch that on rtz stream? Mumble/teamspeak computer voice on repeat 22-0 22-0 22-0 22-0.

My client straight up crashes any time I load up Ember Spirit customization screen or try to pick him. Only him. I can scroll through each character loadout no problemo - just Ember crashes the game. I've verified my shit - and can't find anyone else who's encountered it. Just wanted to throw this out there one last time before reinstalling completely.

CyborgMatt halp!

Also this fixed itself I think. Or my tinkering did something, but I doubt it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ongamer banned on reddit again. Your personal account still good Matt? People seem to be jumping on slasher saying its his fault.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I didn't watch ESL second day, was redeye better or it's just reddit being reddit?
I think he was better, but he needed to chill on the over 9000 stuff. I don't think he called anything turrets either.

He really works hard at learning and improving for every scene and is professional as shit so it wouldn't surprise me if he was better. Great guy in person too and just seeing him prepare (Info and playing) and talk to players before hand for an entirely unknown game he was casting meant a lot to me.

Top Bottom