• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

manfestival

a little more practice and mousesports will be in contention for top 3 of TI 4. They are good enough, they just have had some bad luck. RIP team dog name but I cheer for those guys , alliance, and EG.

Arksy

Hey guys, I keep getting random disconnects in game, the game will just pause and I'll dc and have to reconnect....

I tried looking for a solution to no avail...does anyone know what I can do to fix this? (Only happens in dota 2)

Kard8p3

hnnng

http://dotabuff.com/matches/749752149

the wk was on our team game before and got frustrated and fed until game was over, lo and behold he was on the other team next game. He always does same draft, or near it so I decided it was time to play some AM.

EZiest game of my life. Was so fun to talk shit to him and he made it seem like it was the rest of his team's fault. Could've had a higher gpm but they aggro tri laned against me 8(

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The only common element among all of my losses is me.

Haunted

Voice hoarse from the weekend, not sure how I'm going to get through today. >_>

Also, I now understand why the crowd at these types of events is so hype, they're giving out red bull like it's candy in the premium area (which was then smuggled down to the plebs before they locked that down). Definitely not helping to calm down a bunch of white twenty somethings. :lol

Got 30 bucks for my steam wallet out of the purchases I made at the event (shirts and two plushies). Thanks, digital items!

The only common element among all of my losses is me.
:lol

But it's also the common element of all your wins, so...

Hey guys, I keep getting random disconnects in game, the game will just pause and I'll dc and have to reconnect....

I tried looking for a solution to no avail...does anyone know what I can do to fix this? (Only happens in dota 2)

I have no idea why this is, but when I had a Sapphire HD video card I had that issue, but as soon as I went to a GTX 760 it stopped.

Sanjay

So I need some opinions

A bit of a synopsis. I was against OD, that went about as well as you would think. I didn't die to him until they brought 3 mid and ganked me, but I still wasn't doing as well as I normally could be as Storm mid, since it was OD. Both top and bot lane were getting shit on, top much worse. I think it was also laned wrong, with Slardar refusing to go bot. We lost top tower in 4 minutes. Ganking was really hard for me as I had no mana 90% of the time due to OD. I did have a successful gank or two, but it wasn't enough.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/749574153

But even if the laning was correct to start off with I don't think it would have made that much of a difference, your heroes suck in comparisons to theirs but sometimes good players can overcome that, but clearly in this game, it was their team that had the good players.

Sure I appreciate any and all help.

This is up on gaming:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794240

If you pm me what you want I can copy pasta the descriptions in here (with credit of course)
I think I can write all the ones people don't want to and publish everything in a nice proper OT format.

Whatever you do please include this from this op:-
3T9pEhn.png

It's simply great and needs to be seen more.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
:lol

But it's also the common element of all your wins, so...

I'd wager the common element of all my wins is being carried by my team.

Real talk tho: For the last year I've been playing Dota almost exclusively with a stack of 2-4 dudes from a regular community. We're not great but we're all generally around the same (bad) skill level and most of the time we're able to coordinate well enough. I'd been enjoying between a 51-52% winrate over this time.

Since the daily hero challenge has come out I've been doing a lot more solo queuing all pick (since those guys like to play random modes instead of AP) and I've been losing a LOT of games lately. The last few pages of my Dotabuff shows many more red results than green. I like to blame my pubs but it's not lost on me that I haven't really been able to bring enough to the team to secure wins, so I'm starting to look inward at my own failures a little more. It's definitely kind of humbling.

At the very least over the last couple of days I've been forcing myself to learn how to laugh more at the losses rather than just getting buttsore ragemad over every dumb thing anybody does.

Now if only I could go more than 1-2 games in a row without seeing a trenchdendi Pudge on the other team...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
CIS got their 3/4ths of Visas denied a third time. At least they have 2 Visas now. They are going to try again for the remaining 3, but its not looking good.

Whats the go, did they leave it too late or something?
Everyone keeps saying it's because they're from a poor part of China that is notorious for never coming back once they get into the US. You have to prove you have some reason to actually return, and poor 20 somethings apparently don't look like they do to whichever visa officers they keep getting.

Also once you start to get denied your chances keep getting lower.

Sanjay

The prize pool for coming second is bigger then winning the damn US Open Tennis or Golf for god sake and they can't get a Visa.

The poor, know your place, US immigration.

The prize pool for coming second is bigger then winning the damn US Open Tennis or Golf for god sake and they can't get a Visa.

The poor, know your place, US immigration.

The issue is about them coming back to China got going to the US, the team have to prove they're not a threat of staying in the country afterwards

Razzer

I'd wager the common element of all my wins is being carried by my team.

Real talk tho: For the last year I've been playing Dota almost exclusively with a stack of 2-4 dudes from a regular community. We're not great but we're all generally around the same (bad) skill level and most of the time we're able to coordinate well enough. I'd been enjoying between a 51-52% winrate over this time.

Since the daily hero challenge has come out I've been doing a lot more solo queuing all pick (since those guys like to play random modes instead of AP) and I've been losing a LOT of games lately. The last few pages of my Dotabuff shows many more red results than green. I like to blame my pubs but it's not lost on me that I haven't really been able to bring enough to the team to secure wins, so I'm starting to look inward at my own failures a little more. It's definitely kind of humbling.

At the very least over the last couple of days I've been forcing myself to learn how to laugh more at the losses rather than just getting buttsore ragemad over every dumb thing anybody does.

Now if only I could go more than 1-2 games in a row without seeing a trenchdendi Pudge on the other team...

This is incredibly important in my eyes. In particular, it's a great way to avoid tilt. Is your pudge missing every hook? Just laugh internally each time, and if he does hit one, applaud sarcastically (not to him ofc). It's much better than getting annoyed at incompetence. There are quite a lot of people here and elsewhere where you can feel the rage as they describe a game. And you can concentrate better if you are in a good mood, so you play better.

LiQuid!

What's up with Ogre's Aghs upgrade? The damage on that spell doesn't seem worth the heinous mana cost. Is it just for it you wanna pull a Dragonus and blow all your mana on a solo kill and then go back to base right after? Seems like if you're going to drop over 4k on an item you might as well save up the extra 1k and get a hex instead.

Demoli

What's up with Ogre's Aghs upgrade? The damage on that spell doesn't seem worth the heinous mana cost. Is it just for it you wanna pull a Dragonus and blow all your mana on a solo kill and then go back to base right after? Seems like if you're going to drop over 4k on an item you might as well save up the extra 1k and get a hex instead.

With aghs, you can always cast a stun.

Get drunk.
That was the plan but the after party was meh. I was still there till around 5am any way and didn't sleep.
Why does no one implement the a hero map for the game ticker, the X/Y coordinates are there. Are the coordinates wrong or something?

Also, I wish they had it set up to update the games live, you have to manually refresh the page.
I'm going to do it if I have some spare time. Although I doubt it will be before TI4 as I only have a week to get better before this loooong stay in Seattle.

Hylian7

But even if the laning was correct to start off with I don't think it would have made that much of a difference, your heroes suck in comparisons to theirs but sometimes good players can overcome that, but clearly in this game, it was their team that had the good players
Then what could we have done to overcome it? The only real things I could think of were laning it correctly and Wards. With that stuff, I might have at least broken even mid (although unlikely since I was against OD). It also wasn't helping me that I just got unlucky and OD always had a head start towards each rune because he was already in that side of the map when it spawned.

Mohasus

Can you disable the gear and arrows after winning 10 times with your favorite hero? I don't want to see it anymore.

Though I probably will never play anti-mage again. But so far, so good 6W 3L.

LiQuid!

With aghs, you can always cast a stun.

Ooooh, I didn't realize it uses a percentage of your mana. That makes way more sense then. Obviously I was doing it wrong using it with most of my mana left.

JudgeN

Does Valve help these chinese teams get visas? I feel like with Valve money stuff like this shouldn't be an issue. Hire the best lawyer in the country and get them over here to play.

Sanjay

The issue is about them coming back to China got going to the US, the team have to prove they're not a threat of staying in the country afterwards

The god damn prize pool.

Then what could we have done to overcome it? The only real things I could think of were laning it correctly and Wards. With that stuff, I might have at least broken even mid (although unlikely since I was against OD). It also wasn't helping me that I just got unlucky and OD always had a head start towards each rune because he was already in that side of the map when it spawned.

Say you beat mid by C/S. He still wins. As long as he's not dying and is not to far behind by C/S he's done his job.

You basically have to kill OD and Necro again and agian. Necro is easy but OD you would have to put effort into it.

But they do have ES who can stop a lot of ganks.

FACE

Banned

It costs 60% of your current mana so you always have a stun.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Blink + Aghs

Congratulations, you have infinite stuns and the mobility to use them, regardless of how much mana you have.

Trust me, try it. Just don't use Unrefined while you're at full mana unless it means a kill. <50%, is when you can start abusing it.

shira

RIP in peace CIS, fourth attempt omg this is crazy
Poor country kids can't travel, only rich city kids.
The dream is dead

Whatever you do please include this from this op:-
http://i.imgur.com/3T9pEhn.png[/im]

It's simply great and needs to be seen more.[/QUOTE]

ok, I'll assume artanisix approves - will credit

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I did a thing that should work but I haven't tested it enough.
Do you have the user constantly poll your site, or something that pushes out the data? How often would it update, every second, 10 seconds, minute? I'm going to try and toss together a live updating prototype between classes my self because I want to.

Top Bottom