• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

kvk1

Well, I'm done playing with people on my Steam Friends list. It always ends in disaster.

When I play with people I "know" (using the term loosely, as my RL friends don't play Dota) I tend to tense up and try to play differently because I want to do well so as to not let them down. It's a different vibe from when I just queue with random pubs. Often this leads me to screw up because I'm focusing so much on not screwing up that I end up really screwing up.

Yeah, I was really freaking out the other day playing in a GAF stack.

You really want to impress the people you know.

But that just makes you play awkwardly.

Thankfully most people here are nice and forgiving.

I don't know what team to root for anymore. This Alliance team is missing two players I love. Team Top Secret has Puppey whom I hate but 4 players I really like.

I'll let my heart decide.

bbd23

I don't know what team to root for anymore. This Alliance team is missing two players I love. Team Top Secret has Puppey whom I hate but 4 players I really like.

I'll let my heart decide.

EG cuz fear has returned
happytears.gif

ksan

well, the real test is still gonna be when the enemy team bans furion, but ive always liked misery as a player (unless he's intentionally feeding in pubs), and it's nice to see a new swede in the scene

Radec

Killing Wraith King immediately during team fight is what every team with a support WK wants you to do.

And C9 is doing exactly that. lol

gg

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Alliance gonna Alliance.

Clown 9 gonna Clown 9

Killing Wraith King immediately during team fight is what every team with a support WK wants you to do.

And C9 is doing exactly that. lol

gg

Ideal WK support:

1. Throw stun
2. Turn on Blademail if you have it
3. Get focused and die
4. Respawn
5. Throw another stun
6. Who cares you already won

Aesthet1c

Holy shit at this Team Secret roster.

I really dig this roster. Excited to see how them and the new Navi team fair in the next few months.

Quesa

Well, I'm done playing with people on my Steam Friends list. It always ends in disaster.

When I play with people I "know" (using the term loosely, as my RL friends don't play Dota) I tend to tense up and try to play differently because I want to do well so as to not let them down. It's a different vibe from when I just queue with random pubs. Often this leads me to screw up because I'm focusing so much on not screwing up that I end up really screwing up.

I queued with some dudes from my Friends list and we start to play and it's a disaster from the start. I'm just feeding like an idiot. One of the guys is giving me shit but I just apologize and try to do my best, but now it's this negative feedback loop of him talking shit and me trying to not fuck up. By the end I was like dude, I don't know what you want me to say, I've apologized multiple times, and yet he's STILL fucking ranting. I can't imagine what he would be like with someone NOT on his "Friends" list. Game ended and I just defriended him immediately.

I understand that it's frustrating, but if someone is apologizing it's time to grow up and realize that it's just a game and that sometimes shit happens and let it go. Dude could not for the life of himself let it go.

The big problem with this game is that far too often a game ends and I ask myself "Why am I playing this?" When everyone is cordial, even in losing, it's a blast, but far too often it turns into shit-talking contest. A few days ago we were trouncing the other team and my team was shit-talking each other....wtf. And that happens pretty fucking often, sadly. How can you win and still be salty?!

Had similar experiences a little while ago, started solo queuing more so I could feed and fume in silence comfortably.

Well my experience is that steam friends tend to get added after a really good game. But that doesn't say anything bout how people are going to act when things are going poorly.

Pratfall

What do you think about him/her/it though?

Cool idea but probably too complicated from a math perspective. Will be hard to predict how much damage you are going to do in any given instance. That may not be a real concern but it strikes me as very complicated.

Sanjay

I queued with some dudes from my Friends list and we start to play and it's a disaster from the start. I'm just feeding like an idiot. One of the guys is giving me shit but I just apologize and try to do my best, but now it's this negative feedback loop of him talking shit and me trying to not fuck up. By the end I was like dude, I don't know what you want me to say, I've apologized multiple times, and yet he's STILL fucking ranting. I can't imagine what he would be like with someone NOT on his "Friends" list. Game ended and I just defriended him immediately.

I understand that it's frustrating, but if someone is apologizing it's time to grow up and realize that it's just a game and that sometimes shit happens and let it go. Dude could not for the life of himself let it go.

The big problem with this game is that far too often a game ends and I ask myself "Why am I playing this?" When everyone is cordial, even in losing, it's a blast, but far too often it turns into shit-talking contest. A few days ago we were trouncing the other team and my team was shit-talking each other....wtf. And that happens pretty fucking often, sadly. How can you win and still be salty?!

Never let any one get you down, fuck erm. Do your best, listen and try to win.

What Sanjay said. Aint nobody trying to play with a debbie downer or negative nancy. Tell em to relax

TUSR

Banned
acknowledging your mistakes and moving past them is far more productive than having some dipshit team mate complain for the remainder of the game.

constant complaining is far more detrimental. just dont play with those people.

dmshaposv

Its annoying when u have randoms saying "ff" or "gg" if u serve up first blood. But when ur "friends" say that in a stack game - its time to kick those fuckers off.

Dota really brings out the defeatists little shits who give up too soon.

Top Bottom