• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Ketch

So secret team played but still don't have an actual name? Or their name is just secret? and they lost anyway?

What's the roster?

W1SSY

So secret team played but still don't have an actual name? Or their name is just secret? and they lost anyway?

What's the roster?

Kuroky, Puppey, N0tail, Fly, and s4.
N0tail and Puppey played the supports. Kuroky was tiny, s4 was clock, and Fly was Storm Spirit.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

What's the roster?

At the moment, they are officially called "Secret Team", though they should have an official sponsor soonish.

sixghost

Well, I'm done playing with people on my Steam Friends list. It always ends in disaster.

When I play with people I "know" (using the term loosely, as my RL friends don't play Dota) I tend to tense up and try to play differently because I want to do well so as to not let them down. It's a different vibe from when I just queue with random pubs. Often this leads me to screw up because I'm focusing so much on not screwing up that I end up really screwing up.

I queued with some dudes from my Friends list and we start to play and it's a disaster from the start. I'm just feeding like an idiot. One of the guys is giving me shit but I just apologize and try to do my best, but now it's this negative feedback loop of him talking shit and me trying to not fuck up. By the end I was like dude, I don't know what you want me to say, I've apologized multiple times, and yet he's STILL fucking ranting. I can't imagine what he would be like with someone NOT on his "Friends" list. Game ended and I just defriended him immediately.

I understand that it's frustrating, but if someone is apologizing it's time to grow up and realize that it's just a game and that sometimes shit happens and let it go. Dude could not for the life of himself let it go.

The big problem with this game is that far too often a game ends and I ask myself "Why am I playing this?" When everyone is cordial, even in losing, it's a blast, but far too often it turns into shit-talking contest. A few days ago we were trouncing the other team and my team was shit-talking each other....wtf. And that happens pretty fucking often, sadly. How can you win and still be salty?!
If someone does this more than once I just mute them immediately. Quickly apologize and move on if you messed up, but if they keep flaming you, fuck them, they get muted.

Quesa

Still haven't gotten a RRG :( Is it worth it to try to get it at higher difficulties or should I just run it at lower ones for more chances to drop it per hour?

Radec

Still haven't gotten a RRG :( Is it worth it to try to get it at higher difficulties or should I just run it at lower ones for more chances to drop it per hour?

Just keep doing bounties. You'll get yours eventually.

I still think the faster you get those boxes that better chances.

Zeth

Secret Team likely hasn't had as much time playing together as others. I'm willing to give them a chance still - I don't think one trash game discounts them.

sixghost

Fly's storm had to be the least effective storm spirit I've ever seen in a pro game. He might as well have not even been in the game.

Wok

RAs7RjQ.png

Broken game.

sixghost

fuck!

name some counters for ursa and sniper pls (2k tier). sick and tired of seeing these fools

Ursa: anything that helps kite him. Stuns/slows before he has bkb, force staves after he does. Shadow demon, bane, venge are all good against him.

Sniper: anything that can close the distance between you and him. Blink initiators like Tide, puck, earthshaker or something like qop or storm that have built in movement spells.

Pratfall

Ursa: anything that helps kite him. Stuns/slows before he has bkb, force staves after he does. Shadow demon, bane, venge are all good against him.

Sniper: anything that can close the distance between you and him. Blink initiators like Tide, puck, earthshaker or something like qop or storm that have built in movement spells.

Add viper to the list of ursa counters. Once you have aghs up, just viper strike him every time he shows his face.

Ketch

fuck!

name some counters for ursa and sniper pls (2k tier). sick and tired of seeing these fools

phantom assassin would wreck both those heroes in 2k tier. Riki would destroy sniper aswell at that level.

Anybody with blinks or other gap closers/kiting skills. Timbersaw maybe... lots of armor, good at kiting and gap closing, lots of burst damage to melt the sniper.

Make sure to carry dust for sniper, other items to consider would be force staffs, eul's, shiva's guard, basher.

Kioshen

Im usually 4pm-12am Pacific. What time do you play around?

Around 8pm - 11pm eastern. I'll poke you when i'll see you online.

Sure, anyone can add me my Steam ID is privatebundy :D

Will do. Thanks for not raging at me for those two quick death to pudge ;).

gafstack mentality is "believe in the me that believes in you"

Indeed. For now I'm mostly being carried but I'm pushing myself down to 5 too. I'm not confident enough yet to carry.

I play on USE and would love some gaffers to play with. Add me! - Pratfall

Will do also ! Nevermind I already added you. I was used to seeing your Optimus Prime avatar.

Big Dog

What do people think of Disruptor? I just played a few games as him and he seems like an awesome team fight hero and pretty good as a laning support. I feel like he might get a buff next patch but he seems surprisingly strong for the little amount of play I think he gets.

Dares

What do people think of Disruptor? I just played a few games as him and he seems like an awesome team fight hero and pretty good as a laning support. I feel like he might get a buff next patch but he seems surprisingly strong for the little amount of play I think he gets.

Well he does have the best spell in the game.

Top Bottom