• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Wok

According to Reddit, the beta client was updated, which means the test client won't be updated before Monday, and the normal client before Thursday. This is the earliest we could hope for.

I would expect a blog post at best on Monday.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
According to Reddit, the beta client was updated, which means the test client won't be updated before Monday, and the normal client before Thursday. This is the earliest we could hope for.

I would expect a blog post at best on Monday.

Why are you listening to people on Reddit.

Demoli

It will seriously be something else valve not only doeesnt update but says nothing on the blog. Not some random Cyborg matt tweet or Wyrk teaser, the blog. I'm honestly tired of having to have status updates via second hands and he-said-that-he-saids.

Acinixys

Guys can you please not spam that grotesque baby face. In case you didn't know that face is an actual child that passed away. The sick administrators of Twitch think it's a "joke" to secretly hide a passed away child in an emote and have the people of Twitch spam it. If you ever see anyone using that morbid disgusting face, please do your civic duty to let them know the history behind it. Together we can clean up Twitch.

emoticon-22479-src-5c07f240302258e3-28x28.png

Demoli

You would think people would be used to the way Valve works, but I guess not.

Gettin used to bad practice bring nothing good. Should we just "get used" to EA? Should we "get used" to misleading add campaign and demos à la Watch_dogs?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
They do, they're just fed up with it. An "It's delayed." would be nice at least.

Well they clearly aren't aware of how Valve works if they're expecting that.
Gettin used to bad practice bring nothing good. Should we just "get used" to EA? Should we "get used" to misleading add campaign and demos à la Watch_dogs?

If you dislike how Valve works then email Gabe and let him know, crying on GAF isn't going to achieve anything.

elyetis

If you dislike how Valve works then email Gabe and let him know, crying on GAF isn't going to achieve anything.
Should probably close neogaf given how little it acheive every time we post on it. I actually expected the Ukraine crisis to be over by now thanks to us.

Goon Boon

Banned
If Valve wants to stick with complete radio silence, they can deal with their community lashing out everywhere if they have to delay techies/the patch.

Tenck

People have been voicing their concerns to the dota dev team. Not much has been going on. Your whole "deal with it" attitude is helping just as much as people "crying" on gaf is. There's an ignore function built into the forums if it's really affecting you that much.

Demoli

Just got a Saradmin's Murmur as a drop from Zilyana and the Elf City Priffdinas is coming next month. Why even play dota anymore.

I think part of the community's frustration is that they see Techies as done. Which they more or less have been for a month. So to many, the question they ask is "what's the holdup" and they won't get an answer to that question and it's not easy to think of why it might be delayed, so they get frustrated.

Because really, Techies are done. And that's all most people really care about for the update.

Artanisix

Yeah, seeing Techies @ TI4 was awesome but it may very well have bit them in the ass. Damn hero looked like it was done a month ago, why isn't it out yet?!

Goon Boon

Banned
I think part of the community's frustration is that they see Techies as done. Which they more or less have been for a month. So to many, the question they ask is "what's the holdup" and they won't get an sneer to that question and it's not easy to think of why it might be delayed, so they get frustrated.

Because really, Techies are done. And that's all most people really care about for the update.

I really want Techies as does everyone else, but Valve's radio silence unless they really fuck up bit is getting really tiring, as is the people defending it with every ounce of their being.

Like is there a massive list of issues with Techies? People have been able to try him out in custom games for a while, but he looked arguably in as good shape if not better as several other hero's launches.

It will seriously be something else valve not only doeesnt update but says nothing on the blog. Not some random Cyborg matt tweet or Wyrk teaser, the blog. I'm honestly tired of having to have status updates via second hands and he-said-that-he-saids.
If you feel tired with that imagine having to deal with the misguided hate every time this happens.

Thank fuck I'm going on holiday soon.

Yeah, seeing Techies @ TI4 was awesome but it may very well have bit them in the ass. Damn hero looked like it was done a month ago, why isn't it out yet?!

I think they're just waiting until custom maps are fully implemented into the client so people who solo queue have something to do once the game is ruined for them.

If you feel tired with that imagine having to deal with the misguided hate every time this happens.

Thank fuck I'm going on holiday soon.

Surely there's some resentment aimed at Valve as well considering they've outsourced their patch stuff to you inadvertently.

No attempt to do community relations, just have prominent members fill the void.

Misguided or not.. it's the end of August, while they carefully worded that sentence.. the internet is the grand shrine to skimming.

All people see is "end of august".

It's valve own fault at this point, but I'm sure they're working hard on the patch.. they need to give the internet an update or things are just going to get silly.

Ketch

screw it. I'm playing a new season DH this weekend

I think we need a dota gaf D3 crew. I'm playing monk.

anybody else making hardcore characters? or all you all wuss bags?

I'm not even gonna talk about the patch the doesn't exist so deal with it

Top Bottom