• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

kvk1

His Bourne music is some of my favourite action music because of how it builds a rhythm and tension by just adding layers and layers. It's also really well synced with the action on screen, which I don't think you get that often with Hans Zimmer and his crew who seem to score most of the films nowdays. John Williams is still the GOAT though.

Completely agree. I won't argue that about Williams, but I always preferred Powell more because his compositions always have a bit more "edge" to them.

Zeth

Was hoping for new hats to tide us over.

pmMNOUe.png

Demoli

So the conpendium update doesnt even have all the goals? Oh well, can't wait til 6.82 and sf remodel in diretide. Hey, maybe we'll get another hero by march aswell!

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
So do we wait another month for the rest of the compendium goals or what?

Yeah I'm happy to get a new hero finally after seven months but like I said days ago this patch turned out to be pretty damn small all told.

Randdalf

So do we wait another month for the rest of the compendium goals or what?

Yeah I'm happy to get a new hero finally after seven months but like I said days ago this patch turned out to be pretty damn small all told.

People are impatient, this is the best solution if you're Valve. It allows them to release a major update every month for the rest of this year if they continue to do the annual updates like Diretide and Frostivus.

edit: I'm watching a Techies doing ancients.

Zeth

Have all items always been unlocked in the test client or did I trigger a strange bug? Literally every item, every slot, every hero.

Gav47

Have all items always been unlocked in the test client or did I trigger a strange bug? Literally every item, every slot, every hero.

That was added like a month or so ago. The really expensive/immortal/complex items aren't included.

Acinixys

ALL-HERO CHALLENGE

Do you have what it takes to win a match with every hero? Prove it! Open your Dota profile to begin the All-Hero Challenge and be assigned a random warrior to take on the road to victory. Claim glory, and then move on to the next. Each hero challenge shows you the average number of matches it took for all players worldwide to win with that hero, and to complete the entire All-Hero Challenge, so you'll know how you stack up. Finish the All-Hero Challenge to earn a new trophy to display in your Gallery.

Cool

This actually seems really fun and might force people to play shit that isnt Void/Skywrath/Pudge every game

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
were people really expecting 6.82? The post TI3 patch wasnt until the end of October

And the post TI2 patch was 1 month after TI2... your point? And remember the October 6.79 release was the whole diretide fiasco, and way too fucking long of a wait. Don't think they want to repeat that again.

because singsing strim

Let me preview that vod for you right now:
Singsing buys boots and orb on the 30 base dmg 270ms techies like he does on every hero these days.
Skills 30second cooldown mine or suicide
Dies/gets nothing
'we fuckin lost, this hero sucks'
3-11 and lvl 9 at 20 minutes
drops down to 5200 party mmr
goes back to randoming every game and repicks techies next time he randoms him.

caesar

Banned
Let me preview that vod for you right now:
Singsing buys boots and orb on the 30 base dmg 270ms techies like he does on every hero these days.
Skills 30second cooldown mine or suicide
Dies/gets nothing
'we fuckin lost, this hero sucks'
3-11 and lvl 9 at 20 minutes
drops down to 5200 party mmr
goes back to randoming every game and repicks techies next time he randoms him.

alternatively:
goes mid
murdered by skywrath
'how is this hero balanced?'
'omg we fuckin lost'

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think you have to use the Victory Prediction Taunt before the horn sounds, so it may actually be a bit hard to get a streak going.

Also, odds on the minefield sign procing a bunch of "on spell cast" abilities?

Also, the lore:
In the storied saga of Dredger's Bight, no business has ever been more reviled than Techies Demolitions. Then again, Dredger's Bight no longer exists. Nor does Toterin. Or even Trapper Town. In fact, if one were to track the history of Techies Demolitions they might notice that shortly after Techies appear, towns tend to disappear.
Like every inevitable disaster surrounding Techies, the obliteration of Dredger's Bight began with an invention. Tasked with designing a safer way of detonating explosives in the mines beneath the city, pyrotechnic prodigies Squee, Spleen, and Spoon developed their most outlandish creation yet: a button which, when pressed, would trigger a distant device to spark a fuse.
Overeager to test their invention, the trio stuffed barrel after barrel with flamesalt explosives, piling every corner of their tiny workshop high with the newly developed remote bombs. From this stockpile they plucked a single payload, burying it in a far away field. As they cowered in a ditch, Spleen pressed the detonator button. Yet after a moment, nothing happened. Confused, he stood up, pressing his button again and again until, finally, an explosion tore a hole in the field. Elated, Squee and Spleen turned toward home just as a massive wave of sound and force arrived to knock them over.
Bewildered, their ears ringing from the unexpected blast, they gathered in the dingy miasma to see a smoking ruin where their workshop once stood. Chunks of wood and stone continued to fall as the yawning crater before them slowly deepened into an expanding pit. The whole of Dredger's Bight shuddered, and then gradually started to slide into the mines below as its panicked residents fled.
Sitting at the edge of their sinking home they grinned and giggled, as giddy at the possibilities as they were oblivious to the scorn of their former neighbors. They wondered only one thing: how could they trigger an even bigger blast?

Top Bottom