• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

W1SSY

So tell me DotaGAF, do any of you "Quickcast" your items/spells? I can see the appeal on certain heroes like Tinker, but in practice it seems like something that gives you a minor advantage only and that can lead to mistakes.

I switched to using quickcast about a week or two ago and really like it. I only had a couple issues with skills the first couple of games but have had no issue after that.

Acinixys

I switched to using quickcast about a week or two ago and really like it. I only had a couple issues with skills the first couple of games but have had no issue after that.

I dont like quickcast

Plus you can see your spells cast range because when you're past the range your cursor changes to a walking man instead of the usual 4 points

Artanisix

Lol reddit really hates the techies sign, huh? You get downvoted hardcore if you say you're okay with it.

Fucking vast majority of them haven't even played Techies. The sign is no different than putting down an iron branch and saying in all chat, "mines under my gg branch kappa."

Lol reddit really hates the techies sign, huh? You get downvoted hardcore if you say you're okay with it.

Fucking vast majority of them haven't even played Techies. The sign is no different than putting down an iron branch and saying in all chat, "mines under my gg branch kappa."
The point isn't how big of an effect is has, it's whether it has any effect at all simply because of cosmetics.

Also reddit is a circle jerk so naturally instead of arguing against a point... they just down vote it so they don't have to deal with it.

Every big patch I recall in the last 2 years did.
You recall poorly. Year beast didn't have shit.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Dumb speculation, in 6.82 you will start with a courier, the morph courier ability will be so you can change what it looks like. Courier will be given a low stock amount, making it so low level pubs have couriers, supports have more money to spend, and people can't mass feed couriers.

Actually from what I have seen is you get down voted hard if you say the sign is bad, since that is what happened with ned's topic there.

Edit: or not, it was at 0 points and 30% when I left for work.

FACE

Banned
Team Trash with the comeback
MJUNawm.png

Razzer

GG Trasher. I have to say, now that I have the attention of the casters, that if anyone could coach me on aggro tris, I would be grateful, as I always feel like I'm having no impact as a support in them. I have no idea what to do, especially when they have the stronger trilane (with no good ganks available on the map to try)

If a vod could be linked that would be great, wanna see myself get flamed.

BigAT

Team Trasher > GUIDOS

D73DSVE.gif

I'm told I was getting dumped on for getting Force Staff on Sniperino. I had 0 deaths and went 14-0-15 after picking it up.

GG Trasher. I have to say, now that I have the attention of the casters, that if anyone could coach me on aggro tris, I would be grateful, as I always feel like I'm having no impact as a support in them. I have no idea what to do, especially when they have the stronger trilane (with no good ganks available on the map to try)

If a vod could be linked that would be great, wanna see myself get flamed.

I'm sure there are things you could have improved on, but personally I thought you guys had a pretty bad lineup for an aggro tri.

KingKong

I dont like that an arcana adds an ability, even if it is basically cosmetic. I guess if the regular techies had it and the arcana changed how the sign looked I would be OK with it

Sanjay

Team Trasher > GUIDOS

D73DSVE.gif

I'm told I was getting dumped on for getting Force Staff on Sniperino. I had 0 deaths and went 14-0-15 after picking it up.

You could have got anything, it would have not stopped the guidos from throwing their lives at your feet.

FACE

Banned
Team Trasher > GUIDOS

D73DSVE.gif

I'm sure there are things you could have improved on, but personally I thought you guys had a pretty bad lineup for an aggro tri.

I think they were making fun of you because you stayed inside Razor's range, not because of the force staff.

Vaporak

So what you're saying is that arcana owners get the equivalent of 50 gold every 2 minutes for free. Pay 2 Win confirmed.

My thread on the sign is now the top thread of today on reddit.

Where do I collect my internet award?

Wok

My thread on the sign is now the top thread of today on reddit.

Where do I collect my internet award?

What if the sign could be placed anywhere on the map? A global spell which would not provide any vision, and which would not imply that Techies were there less than 2 minutes ago, purely cosmetic.

EGM92

Open the mic, yell at people, get in low priority queue.

That doesn't change anything you'll find just as many LP people that still want to play. The only way to get off the game is to get something just as addictive to replace it. Might I suggest crack or meth?

Mohasus

how does someone quit playing this game? its ruining my life

I've stopped playing after I lost my final project on college. Everytime I think about opening steam or dota, I'm disgusted about how it fucked up my life and give up on the idea. Luckily, I can still start another project, but I don't think I'll play this ever again. I still watch some matches every now and then though.

The three important things to stop playing:
1 - Don't open steam
2 - Ask your friends to stop inviting you to play
3 - Find something to occupy your free time

Gav47

I'd love to know many of the people against the techies sign actually plan on buying the arcana, the tone of the discourse in that reddit thread comes off as "if I can't have it, no one should".

Quesa

I'd love to know many of the people against the techies sign actually plan on buying the arcana, the tone of the discourse in that reddit thread comes off as "if I can't have it, no one should".
I'm planning to, and I'm against it. You have to pay for access to it and it is more useful than huskar and lina put together. That simple.

Razzer

Team Trasher > GUIDOS

D73DSVE.gif

Bit late on this, but yeah me and G.ZZZ were discussing that after, it kinda feels like we just say go aggro every game without considering it properly because Demoli is an excellent solo laner so we want to give him a good start. Problem with that is I always feel outta my comfort zone, and end up with no kills, no levels and no impact after 10 minutes, which is a bad scenario for a support.

Top Bottom