• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

And Valve is still working on Labor Day folks.

I wonder if they're working to try and get this out tonight.

The issues in the Test Client aren't really blockers, most are just odd interactions between mines and stuff, no major crashes or anything that seems like it should prevent their release.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Give me dumb doto that lasts an hour and has almost 100 kills over dumb doto that's over in 15 mins.

better than dumb boring chinese doto

Yeah that's why I changed it, they aren't even all bad, just hilarious to watch. Except for the Venge swapping into a full team to try and win an auto attack war with Razor, that one was pretty dumb. I wasn't being sarcastic though, the game was entertaining as hell.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Alliance is finally doing well and f5 isn't on it anymore.

:(

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I wonder if they're working to try and get this out tonight.

The issues in the Test Client aren't really blockers, most are just odd interactions between mines and stuff, no major crashes or anything that seems like it should prevent their release.

Do they normally update the Private Beta continuously for the little test client fixes? With the amount of work they put in over the weekend I was allowing myself some hope that there was actually more to come.

shira

Bwc9owYIQAAw1uh.jpg

Is it me or does Mirana have a keemonomimi tail? Anuxi plz

Aesthet1c

I stepped away after the second game of Navi vs Alliance, come back and now it's TT and Empire. I thought these were supposed to be a best of 3.

EDIT: Yeah looks like it's just two matches. I hate those.

And Valve is still working on Labor Day folks.

I don't think they mandate work dates, rather you come in on your own schedule (work participation is determined by peer review). The only time I think Valve is ever closed all over is during their annual Hawaii vacation.

KingKong

I don't think they mandate work dates, rather you come in on your own schedule (work participation is determined by peer review). The only time I think Valve is ever closed all over is during their annual Hawaii vacation.

its a national holiday though

anyway dailymotion still sucks and keeps buffering every few minutes

Do they normally update the Private Beta continuously for the little test client fixes? With the amount of work they put in over the weekend I was allowing myself some hope that there was actually more to come.

I don't know

But there is one blocker, the sign Arcana ability triggers spell effects. I really think that sign ability thing needs to be re-evaluated, it doesn't sit well with me and it seems I'm not the only one.

Sibylus

Banned
This close to release, imagine they're eager to get it out.

Zeth

According to reddit in the dev forums they have said that it is visible to enemies as well, only one sign and 120 secs. cooldown.

That to me, should quell any fears about this having any effect on the game. If you could have several of them and constantly play mind games, that would be much different.

If it's only visible to you and allies it doesn't matter.

It's visible to everyone

Pay2Mindgames

Which is why I think they should pull it until they can consider it a little more. Once it's out there, they're not going to be able to easily change it.

That to me, should quell any fears about this having any effect on the game. If you could have several of them and constantly play mind games, that would be much different.

Before the horn I stick a sign at a rune spot. The enemy now knows Techies were there. They might assume I placed a mine. But I didn't, I mined the enemy side shop. So there's an element of mind games to it and it's not something that should be on a cosmetic.

Even one could effect the game. Just put on somewhere and you've already messed with the other team, if they even drop one sentry it's already had an impact. It shouldn't happen period.

Granted I think when it launches it will be visible to allies only, I don't trust what reddit says and the dev forums are a nightmare.

It's visible to everyone

Pay2Mindgames

Which is why I think they should pull it until they can consider it a little more. Once it's out there, they're not going to be able to easily change it.

I want a link to the forum post where a dev said this.

I want a link to the forum post where a dev said this.

A dev didn't say anything, this is from testing in the test client. If you don't believe testing, I don't know what to tell you.

Sign Facts from Testing
- you can charge sticks with placing of this sign
- Curse of the Silent and Last word have an interaction with "Minefield Sign"
- Enemy CAN see the sign
- Rubick CAN'T steal this ability
- you dont have a collision and can't have physical interaction with this sign
- sign dont block creeps, neutral camps or narrow ways(you dont have a collison)
- Earth Spirit CAN'T interact with a sign
- Sign will NOT give you any vision around
- Sign don't have any interaction with Nether Ward

Zeth

Yeah, I didn't mean no effect, I meant no significant effect. Interested to see how it behaves when it launches. It would be a lot cleaner to just scrap the idea.

Someone should post a screencap of SonyaTheEvil's Pudge cosplay.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That's pretty well done, its a shame she cheaped out on the stitching when she already went so far.

Jex

So tell me DotaGAF, do any of you "Quickcast" your items/spells? I can see the appeal on certain heroes like Tinker, but in practice it seems like something that gives you a minor advantage only and that can lead to mistakes.

inkls

so where does the expression "I'm panicking" come from? From the voice I'd say dota cinema, but any video in particular?

edit: nvm found it

Acinixys

so where does the expression "I'm panicking" come from? From the voice I'd say dota cinema, but any video in particular?

edit: nvm found it

Yeah it was Reaves on a DC video talking about a Furion panic TPing like 5 units from his position and getting killed anyway

Top Bottom