• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Zeth

I didn't want to spoil it, but the slark
reconnecting had me nearly falling out of my chair. He sprinted down mid and almost made it into the victory screen.
The funniest, dumbest matches, are always the kind of thing you can't make up/stage. Just pure bad.

Omni was clearly the submitter. He made most of the right decisions despite his reluctance to ever carry a tp. The Lesh forgetting he had a dagon :lol. Tide's execution was most impressive, successfully blinking in and ravaging several times.

Quesa

im back

DotaGAF diablo ppl hit me up I want to powerlevel a seasons wd Chastityfelt#1183

Also I'm not sure if Techies is going to ruin mm but I already know people who incessantly whine about him will

kvk1

New NYT article from today.

This time focused more on Twitch.

Some of my favorite bits:

On Wednesday night, I spent time on Twitch.tv watching people watch people play StarCraft II, Call of Duty and League of Legends.

When you cover media, you get used to meta activities, but staring at my computer watching an audience watch others play streaming video games was a new level of remove. There were funny, eccentric grown-ups, but also a lot of teenage boys talking profane smack on headsets, often with corrosive rap spinning in the background, as they maneuvered through seemingly impenetrable game environments.

Even the gamers on Twitch were surprised how much it was worth. I was watching someone named Sing_sing play Dota 2 — don’t ask, I couldn’t tell you — and he murmured to the people watching, “$970 million, I don’t even understand how that works,” referring to the cash portion of the purchase price. As he tried to destroy something called the Ancient, he added, “I guess it’s because the numbers keep growing and growing.”

Say what you want about game nerds, there is clear value in owning so much screen time of a hard-to-reach demographic of young men. Even if I don’t get gaming, I am beginning to understand the larger game it represents.

http://nyti.ms/1nhOqK6

FED4B6265271AABE54123A7D6E8CB65C2DE4D1BC

kvk1

So, what's the ruling here: do we still call Alliance/Na'Vi games El Clasico?

Or is the label meaningless now because of the disbanderinos?

That's why I thought dota nerds should just stick to dota rather than importing stuff from football.

It's still El Clasico between Na'Vi/Alliance. Can't change it because the teams aren't that interesting anymore.

Ultimatum

Banned
That's why I thought dota nerds should just stick to dota rather than importing stuff from football.

It's still El Clasico between Na'Vi/Alliance. Can't change it because the teams aren't that interesting anymore.

football is built on generations of rivalry

navi/alliance were rivals for like a year

so calling it el classico was stupid in the first place, it's just nerds trying to make dota sound like a sport

people will stop calling the navi/alliance matchup 'el classico' sooner or later

football is built on generations of rivalry

navi/alliance were rivals for like a year

so calling it el classico was stupid in the first place, it's just nerds trying to make dota sound like a sport

people will stop calling the navi/alliance matchup 'el classico' sooner or later

I agree.

Bruno should have done his job properly.

Before that it was Na'Vi v IG that was considered the hot rivalry.

also BibleThump pls its Clasico

kvk1

That was a clinic.

Dendi had something like 50 denies by 8-9 minutes in as safelane QoP.

Which was about 10 more than the actual LHs of the opposition's mid Viper.

Kid's a machine.

Radec

This [1] VS is such a waste.

Game would have been much closer or even an advantage to Na'vi if they got a real carry.

Top Bottom