• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have real doubts about Liquid Performing at all, unless they come out really strong after their boot camping. Is there any indication of how their boot camping is going? They haven't played in a tournament game in a Month now.

TUSR

Banned
I have real doubts about Liquid Performing at all, unless they come out really strong after their boot camping. Is there any indication of how their boot camping is going? They haven't played in a tournament game in a Month now.

liquid aint going anywhere at TI4

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
liquid aint going anywhere at TI4

Well, someone has to win the the wild card spot, and I simply don't know how the teams will stack up. CIS is likely not going, VP is a pretty weak European team, MVP is from one of the weakest regions in the World, and Liquid has what seems to be good players but they seem to perform poorly. I think Liquid could actually pull of the wild card. Or they could be crushed by MVP, I don't know.

BigAT

Have they given any indication how they are going to handle things if CIS can't make it? You can't really just one team a bye and continue on as normal. Probably too late to invite another foreign team to replace them given visa issues.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Have they given any indication how they are going to handle things if CIS can't make it? You can't really just one team a bye and continue on as normal. Probably too late to invite another foreign team to replace them given visa issues.

No, but I would assume a 2 game round robin set to start things off. If it leads to a 3 way tie make use of time rule to break it into upper and lower bracket, if its a 2 way tie simply do a final best of 3, and if one team simply comes out on top they go right to the main event.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Noted, thanks. Yeah, I think gauging mana/jumps is my biggest problem.

Also, TommyT and were having an argument about this yesterday. BKB first on SS, yay or neigh? I say nay because you don't have the utility and mana regen of an Orchid, essentially making you a zip zapping ranged creep. His argument was from another game when I lost mid badly against Skywrath. I honestly wasn't sure how I could beat SWM with Storm. SS doesn't exactly have a billion HP, and that silence hurts him more than a lot of other heroes.

BKB isn't your ideal first item on storm, but depending on the team comp., it can be the perfect 2nd or 3rd item. Once you get your orchid and maybe one other mana regen item (usually sheep or bloodstone), all you really need is that one item that is going to allow you completely free reign (USUALLY) in teamfights, and that's BKB most of the time. Honestly, nothing is scarier than a storm with 2 items + BKB, he can pretty much kill anyone he wants and get out cleanly unless you have something like an Enigma, BM, or BS that are quick on their fingers.

If the enemy has a lot of lockdown and is pressuring you, BKB becomes the best second buy you can get.

Hung_real

Well, someone has to win the the wild card spot, and I simply don't know how the teams will stack up. CIS is likely not going, VP is a pretty weak European team, MVP is from one of the weakest regions in the World, and Liquid has what seems to be good players but they seem to perform poorly. I think Liquid could actually pull of the wild card. Or they could be crushed by MVP, I don't know.

I can see VP going through

They have a bunch of top EU teams to scrim against everyday like Empire, Navi, Fnatic, Rox, EG, C9 (both bootcamped in EU last month)

Mean while Liquid has like Revenge and Narvi ?

Much better.

jT2EC5t.png

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Daily hero challenge handing out free wins lately

0RfCE8I.png

culqtCS.gif

How long did it take you guys to get comfortable using 4+ Active items? I can only handle 1 in addition to the Stick/Wand, I lose my head too much to keep track of what I have and when to use them.

Preventing me from using BKB and Blink Daggers :(

Anilusion

How long did it take you guys to get comfortable using 4+ Active items? I can only handle 1 in addition to the Stick/Wand, I lose my head too much to keep track of what I have and when to use them.

What are your item keybinds? Good keybinds helps a lot.

Razzer

idk milk/haly dead

maybe if someone keeps shira in check they might do a decent op

Shira is doing it, and we are helping. Speaking of..

So the available teams for the team descriptions are:

Alliance - taken by Demoli
Titan
EG - taken by mastershake
Fnatic
NewBee
Vici
Navi EU
DK
IG - taken by Sanjay
C9 - I'm claiming dibs on this one.
Team Empire
Navi US
Arrow
LGD
Mouz - taken by ksan
Liquid
MVP - taken by Steve
VP

Format: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=118828241&postcount=1641

Demoli

Shira is doing it, and we are helping. Speaking of..

So the available teams for the team descriptions are:

Alliance
Titan
EG - taken by mastershake
Fnatic
NewBee
Vici
Navi EU
DK
IG - taken by Sanjay
C9 - I'm claiming dibs on this one.
Team Empire
Navi US
Arrow
LGD
Mouz - taken by ksan
Liquid
MVP - taken by Steve
VP

Format: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1641

Link is broken, and I could take Alliance I guess.

Edit: Nvm, you already did alliance.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder what the distribution model the emoticons will be after TI4. Will you simply pay like $5 for them?

iamblades

Also, TommyT and were having an argument about this yesterday. BKB first on SS, yay or neigh? I say nay because you don't have the utility and mana regen of an Orchid, essentially making you a zip zapping ranged creep. His argument was from another game when I lost mid badly against Skywrath. I honestly wasn't sure how I could beat SWM with Storm. SS doesn't exactly have a billion HP, and that silence hurts him more than a lot of other heroes.

Definitely no on the BKB first item, unless absolutely forced to.

Also if the test case was just laning vs a skywrath mage, then going BKB first doesn't help you at all. Its not like you are going to finish the thing until the laning phase is basically over anyway. If forced to go defensive item first, IMO linken's is a better option as it gives you more stuff that you need and really blocking that initial disable should give you enough time to zip out. Linken's is also superior to BKB in some ways, like vs a doom, who you are quite likely to see often as a storm.

Vs SWM, you can blow him up just as easily as he can blow you up(at least after you get a couple levels), it's all about who gets the disable off first once you hit 6. SWM's silence has ungodly range, so you either have to ball in from super long range or, better, use highground/fog to jump from out of vision but short distances to preserve mana.

Reckoner

It took me a lot of time. I just have 150+ hours right now but I can use more than one item, however I feel like I have a lot of improvement to do. I used to have the items on 1, 2, 3, 4... but changed to Alt-qwerdf so I have the numbers available for units.

TUSR

Banned

I reserve certain items to certain slots, bkb/shivas/refresher will always be space bar, TP scrolls as 5, blink/frequent use item as 2. 1 is boots.

Chris R

Oh and does anyone know what the backpack policy was like at TI3? Since the games start so early in the morning I won't be able to check into my hotel room until the end of Day 1, meaning my "luggage" (just a backpack filled with clothes and a laptop) will be with me... If I can't bring it in I'll have to find a locker somewhere to store it :|

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

Nice photo in this article.

We definitely need more big LAN events like this. Internet tournaments just don't compare, even for someone who can't travel to them. The production and the vibe of the crowd during games makes them so much more visceral to watch. Dreamhack, ESL and now TI all in a row. Is it possible to be TOO hype??

Hylian7

It just takes finding a setup you like. Always having your items on keys you are used to helps too. For instance on Tinker, I do this:

Alt + Q - Boots of Travel
Alt + W - Bottle
Alt + E - Soul Ring
Alt + A - Blink Dagger
Alt + S - Scythe of Vyse
Alt + D - Dagon/Shivas/Whatever

This way I just do everything by muscle memory, since you have to go fast on Tinker.

Anilusion

Just 123456, with Abilities on QWERTY
Might move the items to QWERTY and Abilities to ASDFGH just cos they'd be closer to me, and the keys line up a little straighter

I'm using CVTG + both thumb buttons on my mouse for items, close to all other keysbinds and I can reach all of them without moving my hands.

LiQuid!

It just takes finding a setup you like. Always having your items on keys you are used to helps too. For instance on Tinker, I do this:

Alt + Q - Boots of Travel
Alt + W - Bottle
Alt + E - Soul Ring
Alt + A - Blink Dagger
Alt + S - Scythe of Vyse
Alt + D - Dagon/Shivas/Whatever

This way I just do everything by muscle memory, since you have to go fast on Tinker.
Dunno how you can manage all that alt-ing. I use alt+QWE for 3 of my items (ZX+space for the others) and it's a big part of the reason why I don't play Tinker because I still don't find it very responsive to use a lot of active items with the alt modifier in rapid succession. I went thru a period where I was accidentally pinging my team a lot. Doing stuff like blinking, E-blading then hitting a dagon if I have all those items on my top keys gets kinda hairy.

Been thinking about fooling around with quickcast.

Hylian7

Dunno how you can manage all that alt-ing. I use alt+QWE for 3 of my items (ZX+space for the others) and it's a big part of the reason why I don't play Tinker because I still don't find it very responsive to use a lot of active items with the alt modifier in rapid succession. I went thru a period where I was accidentally pinging my team a lot. Doing stuff like blinking, E-blading then hitting a dagon if I have all those items on my top keys gets kinda hairy.

Been thinking about fooling around with quickcast.
I still sometimes ping stuff, but it's just what I'm used to. It isn't the worst thing I can do. It's not like my ult is mapped to alt+click

Kioshen

I hear Slardar is great against Heroes with strong Invisibility, as his Ult gives the team True Sight of the target for as long as it's in effect

PL and Brood are Earthshaker's wet dream.

If they are super dumb anyway. No good player would put all their units together vs an ES.

It depends. If Brood/PL/Furion are picked, especially with each other (eg. NP + PL) i will always pick ES to mess with them

But if its a solo pick I will pick Slardar. It helps that hes a baller that only needs Treads and a Blink to start dominating

Nice bug Volvo you can be sure this is gonna get exploited hard

Thanks for the pointers. Going to try them out later so see how they work.

On a side note, I've been "blessed" with a HotS invite ... you guys weren't kidding about that slow auto pilot of a game :(. Hopefully I'll be able to use this kiddie moba as a gateway drug to convert my coworkers to dota but man it's going to be a slog.

Top Bottom