• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Razzer

Noted, thanks. Yeah, I think gauging mana/jumps is my biggest problem.

Also, TommyT and were having an argument about this yesterday. BKB first on SS, yay or neigh? I say nay because you don't have the utility and mana regen of an Orchid, essentially making you a zip zapping ranged creep. His argument was from another game when I lost mid badly against Skywrath. I honestly wasn't sure how I could beat SWM with Storm. SS doesn't exactly have a billion HP, and that silence hurts him more than a lot of other heroes.

It is viable as long as you type #WorldStar in all chat when you Dagon someone.

If you have an unfaveourable matchup, that would ideally be where the supports come in and gank. But pubs.

RS4-

I have problems using SS as well, part of that is shit team fight coordination, part my fault, part their skill level.

I like BKB on SS, but not before orchid. Like everything else, it depends on the team though.

But yeah, shit games this week if they involved partying up. Probably lost 75% of them.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Fnatic confirmed they'll be at TI4 with Era
https://twitter.com/FNATIC/status/484319029566660608

edit: also

You know if it wasn't for the email Era sent to valve, this whole debacle could have been avoided. Obviously Era had some problems with Fnatic's management that made him talk to valve, too bad he couldn't resolve those issues before he send that email.
Anyway how can i get one of you guys to commentate on one of my matches?

bounchfx

back from ESL, damn that event was freaking awesome. Super pumped for TI4 now, that shit is going to be epic.

just gotta make sure I finish this crap before then! ahh! so many sets and player sets and really awesome submissions going in, I'm so nervous hehe

JudgeN

You know if it wasn't for the email Era sent to valve, this whole debacle could have been avoided. Obviously Era had some problems with Fnatic's management that made him talk to valve, too bad he couldn't resolve those issues before he send that email.
Anyway how can i get one of you guys to commentate on one of my matches?

It wouldn't have been avoid because they kicked him off the team and I doubt valve would have let them sub even if he hadn't sent that email to valve. He stood up for himself and good for him on that, god knows he didn't want to miss a $10M tournament. Besides they have a much better chance with Era, he has a way bigger higher pool then the old E god.

TUSR

Banned
hWUjSvO.png

What's a good item build for DK?
I tried using soul ring > Treads > BKB then armlet/mjollnir/cuirass.

I usually build armlet before BKB, depends on the situation.

shira

back from ESL, damn that event was freaking awesome. Super pumped for TI4 now, that shit is going to be epic.

just gotta make sure I finish this crap before then! ahh! so many sets and player sets and really awesome submissions going in, I'm so nervous hehe
Did you get in any interviews? Link?

Kioshen

Sometimes you just don't want to lane against Lich and get counter picked in mid and play vs Mirana.

Doom lycan tinker sky invoker every game

I don't think that makes them tryhard, you just want to play lazy Doto.

EDIT: Not that I'm trying to say that's bad, wanting to play how you like is fine. But calling others tryhard for playing the game well and to win isn't really fair.

So people that always use FoTM heroes,counter pick or have a no fun allowed attitude okay. I was confused because I was playing with a TA once that typed tryhard very sarcastically at another player. Apparently it should have been aimed at himself.

Yes the problem with rushing BKB is I feel his damage is not enough to contribute to teamfights.

Treads or Phase? Euls, drums and sny? Will try it out later.

I'm on a 5 game losing streak as him.

Treads. You get great move speed with Euls and S&Y. Shadow Blade is really common on DK since it gives him what he wants, attack speed and move speed.

I like the MS stacks because my biggest problem with DK is his BAD movespeed, which is worse outside Dragon Form. You might try blink dagger, something I do with WK who has the same problem with the movespeed, but it is not that reliable on DK due to his nuke, stun and low mana.

^I'll disagree a bit with TUSR here. I think drums are a good item, but I don't like them in a hero like DK (Or CK for that matter) and it won't fix their mana problems, Drums are cheapter than Euls though. You can try a few build with co-op bots and see what goes better with you.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Noted, thanks. Yeah, I think gauging mana/jumps is my biggest problem.

Also, TommyT and were having an argument about this yesterday. BKB first on SS, yay or neigh? I say nay because you don't have the utility and mana regen of an Orchid, essentially making you a zip zapping ranged creep. His argument was from another game when I lost mid badly against Skywrath. I honestly wasn't sure how I could beat SWM with Storm. SS doesn't exactly have a billion HP, and that silence hurts him more than a lot of other heroes.

It is viable as long as you type #WorldStar in all chat when you Dagon someone.

You don't want to go BKB first unless it's the hardest of hard games and you absolutely must. Like all you can do is turtle your base at 15-20 mins hard.

Swm does really well against storm in lane, yeah, not a lot you can do about it. After storm hits 6 you can just zip on swm and kill him instantly for the rest of the game. Hero relies entirely on positioning and being at long range while casting to cover up an abysmal strength gain and pretty much the worst armor in the game. Storm blows this up completely free until he gets a euls, but even then you should be able to kill him inside of your stun duration. If you're super far behind bring a buddy to help kill him at 6, but after that you should be fine.

Just kill skywrath every fight first and you win, people mistakenly consider him a counter to storm, but it's actually the other way around.

FACE

Banned
hWUjSvO.png

I usually build armlet before BKB, depends on the situation.

The team that never wins anything winning TI would be funny, won't happen though.

Yes the problem with rushing BKB is I feel his damage is not enough to contribute to teamfights.

Treads or Phase? Euls, drums and sny? Will try it out later.

I'm on a 5 game losing streak as him.

Treads -> Drums -> BKB > maelstrom > Assault > Mjollnir is my 100% win rate DK build

I've only played with DK once.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I spent 30 minutes and $3 getting 6 more TI3 smevills, so I could have one of each type in rotation. I wish it was easier to search for unlocked styles.

Acinixys

So people that always use FoTM heroes,counter pick or have a no fun allowed attitude okay. I was confused because I was playing with a TA once that typed tryhard very sarcastically at another player. Apparently it should have been aimed at himself.

The only heros i will ever counter pick vs are PL, Brood and Riki

Seriously fuck those guys

Darklord

Banned
Every time Dota 2 has an update now it takes forever to download. Not slow speeds but it always fucking stops downloading half way. It'll download say 150mb of a 250mb patch then go "Busy writing to disk". Everything else downloads just fine. Except Dota 2. And it sits there foreeeever. Sometimes I have to restart steam over and over for it to start again. It's so annoying.

TUSR

Banned
Every time Dota 2 has an update now it takes forever to download. Not slow speeds but it always fucking stops downloading half way. It'll download say 150mb of a 250mb patch then go "Busy writing to disk". Everything else downloads just fine. Except Dota 2. And it sits there foreeeever. Sometimes I have to restart steam over and over for it to start again. It's so annoying.

Pause and unpause it, then bump it up the queue.

dk_

Not reveiving all compendium rewards is a known bug right? I was level 5 and decided to buy 500 points. I only got the loading screens and the immortal treasure, but not the custom tp/healing effect and my battle point booster is still at 210% instead of 230%. I played a match, restarted DOTA/Steam and verified the game cache. Nothing helped! :-/

Acinixys

Not reveiving all compendium rewards is a known bug right? I was level 5 and decided to buy 500 points. I only got the loading screens and the immortal treasure, but not the custom tp/healing effect and my battle point booster is still at 210% instead of 240%. I played a match, restarted DOTA/Steam and verified the game cache. Nothing helped! :-/

Custom healing/TP/Dagon effects are server side

They will just happen when you join a game. Its not something you can activate

Kreunt

Banned
Does eblade damage apply before or after the +magic bonus?

edit: nevermind, looked it up, the damage applies after the bonus.

so what exactly happened here? last i heard era was having anxiety attacks over travelling, now it turns out fnatic wanted to kick him (not sure why him and not trixi)?

Era has anxiety attacks and team is unsure if he can play so they try to get Excalibur to replace him, Valve won't allow them to play with Excalibur, so Era has to play whether or not he's in a condition for it is the question

Era has anxiety attacks and team is unsure if he can play so they try to get Excalibur to replace him, Valve won't allow them to play with Excalibur, so Era has to play whether or not he's in a condition for it is the question

I thought that the only reason Valve said that he had to play was because he thought that he was being forced out of the team so they were acting in his personal interest.

If he is legitimately not well enough to play they will have to make another decision.

I've been out of the loop the last day or two so this could be VERY old news

Chris R

All the games for TI4 will start at 9AM PST, both the round robin and main event. For the Main event, doors open at 8am. For the Final, Valve expects it to be done by 5PM.

Also, where did you see this info? Have they broken down which games will be played when? If the doors open at 9 on Monday are they doing the loser's Bo3 and the Finals Bo5 or just a single Bo5?

Zeth

So percentage based ms doesn't stack, correct? I noticed this looking at some garbage TA guides in-game with drums -> yasha. That doesn't work then? Same with Eul's?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I thought that the only reason Valve said that he had to play was because he thought that he was being forced out of the team so they were acting in his personal interest.

If he is legitimately not well enough to play they will have to make another decision.

Yes, they will make another decision, disqualification.

Kai,

Thanks for your mail. Although it likely doesn't compare to the stress you and your team are going through, this is a pretty heartbreaking situation for us as well. Having met a number of you personally, we hold you all in very high regard both as players and people.

The decision we've come to was the result of a group of us talking through the issue and considering what is the most fair thing for all teams competing this year, as well as the tournament in future years.

Unfortunately, we will not be changing our decision, and the original five invited players are the only ones eligible. This isn't a decision we came to lightly, and none of us are particularly happy at the situation. However, we don't hold any ill feelings toward you, your team, or any of the players affected.

We do need to come to a resolution however, so you all need to decide which path you want to go down. Sorry that everyone is in such a difficult situation.

Erik

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So percentage based ms doesn't stack, correct? I noticed this looking at some garbage TA guides in-game with drums -> yasha. That doesn't work then? Same with Eul's?

They stack additionally. What doesn't stack is multiple items that make use of Yasha, along with multiple identical items. So you can get Drums for the Passive +5%, S&Y for +16%, Boots of Speed for +50, Euls for +40, and move super fast.

For example, if a hero had base 300 move speed with the above build, they would go 300 * (1+.16+.05) + 50 + 40, so 300 * 1.21 + 90, which would be 363 + 90, or 453.

There is actually a exemption to the multiple identical items, you can get multiple euls for +40 from each, the move speed bonus really does stack.

He came out to say that he shouldn't have sent that email, so either he was unstable at the time and felt like his team were forcing him out, or maybe Fnatic just paid him off, or maybe the condition got worse

Either way doesn't really matter since he's going to TI in the end

Got that item bug again and lost mid because of it. Ended up winning, but I thought that was supposed to be fixed...

For example, if a hero had base 300 move speed with the above build, they would go 300 * (1+.16+.05) + 50 + 40, so 300 * 1.21 + 90, which would be 363 + 90, or 453.
The percentage applies to the total flat movement speed, so (300+50+40)*(1+0.16+0.05)

Zeth

They stack additionally. What doesn't stack is multiple items that make use of Yasha, along with multiple identical items. So you can get Drums for the Passive +5%, S&Y for +16%, Boots of Speed for +50, Euls for +40, and move super fast.

There is actually a exemption to the multiple identical items, you can get multiple euls for +40 from each, the move speed bonus really does stack.

Ok, so I was misunderstanding it. You do get the ms benefit from having a variety of ms items. You just don't get additional ms from stacking yasha/sny/manta or duplicate items(excluding eul's)?

Top Bottom