• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

traveler

Not Wario
So is PA.

Sure. And I'm glad she won over AM, but I still think Jugg is more of an early game, active presence than her. He has a little more room for visual creativity as well in his kit.

Invoker would have probably been the best of the remaining four, but Jugg would have been my 2nd pick behind him. Still gutted neither Rubick nor Slark advanced to the semis.

Ties

Banned
Definitely not the two I wanted to see in the finals, but at least Jugg is an active, not gonna sit around and farm all day carry when played right. Has more potential in his arcana than PA does too, with the healing ward. Yeah, he has a ton of items already, but PA already has quite a few herself, including a few sets I think that are better than any of juggs. Guess I'm voting Jugg.

If Viper ends up being the model rework winner, I'm ok with that. Still ticked that Zeus didn't even enter the competition and that Slard lost to Viper, but Viper could use a rework.
If you play PA as a farming carry then I don't know what to tell you. Once she's 6 she already hits like a truck, at that point she only needs life steal and, possibly, treads to be effective. Her laning is pretty good. Dagger every 4 seconds basically guarantees a last hit even with heavy harass and her passive, coupled with a Stout Shield -> Poor Man's Shield makes it incredibly hard to take her out of lane.

ElyrionX

It means you can export them.

Lol I like you.

It sets them up to get ready for the buy/sell orders on the marketplace.

12960-dota2_compendiumpoints.png

Thanks. I never knew this existed.

Ketch

VISAS approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Icefrog came through with dat bribe money

Wow! Holy shit! After being denied 3 times? The dream is real! ESports vindicated.

I'm catching up on the ESL games at the moment, and I'm wondering for people who've been to a live event like that... Is the play by play just over the stadium loudspeaker? Can you actually hear/understand it over the crowd? I'm super pumped for TI, but I'm curious how the viewing experience compares to spectating in client.

VISAS approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Icefrog came through with dat bribe money

Oh that's great news. my boy was freaking out that his favorite carry (Black) wasn't going to be able to participate at TI4.

Also, told ya Era would play. Fuck some stress. There's $4.5 million fuckin dollars on the table.

edit: PA over Mirana? GOOD. I'm tired as hell of Mirana.

Anilusion

Wow! Holy shit! After being denied 3 times? The dream is real! ESports vindicated.

I'm catching up on the ESL games at the moment, and I'm wondering for people who've been to a live event like that... Is the play by play just over the stadium loudspeaker? Can you actually hear/understand it over the crowd? I'm super pumped for TI, but I'm curious how the viewing experience compares to spectating in client.

I was at dreamhack and while the crowd wasn't nearly as large, we in the audience were basically watching the stream, with the same audio, on a huge monitor above the players. I had no problems what so ever to hear the casters, even during really exciting moments.

shira

This is fucking hilarious

June said:
Fourth try, everyone passed. When I found out the visa was approved I was almost in tears~.
The officer understood Dota2...all his questions were about dota2, asking me my ID and when our team was made. Thank you for everyone's prayers, and everyone who helped out~~~except we haven't practiced for 10 days, gotta go back and practice~

inflame said:
Thank you!
The officer asked for ID's wanting to add us to his friends list, I reluctantly agreed

Shinypogs

How am I supposed to pick between my fav lady and my second fav gentleman for Arcana? If only Invoker had made it this would be easy.

inkls

"I lost my first game as juggernaut recently.

I was jacked, had PMS, Phase, Vlads, Aghs, Mjolnir, but for some reason I wasn't doing regular hits or proc-ing Chain Lightning within my Omnislash.

Then I realized it was because I have Auto Attack after Spell unchecked. If you uncheck it as Omniknight(typo), you don't do your regular hits on top of your Omnislash hits within your Omnislash.

We lost the game because of that stupid bug."

Is this true?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
"I lost my first game as juggernaut recently.

I was jacked, had PMS, Phase, Vlads, Aghs, Mjolnir, but for some reason I wasn't doing regular hits or proc-ing Chain Lightning within my Omnislash.

Then I realized it was because I have Auto Attack after Spell unchecked. If you uncheck it as Omniknight(typo), you don't do your regular hits on top of your Omnislash hits within your Omnislash.

We lost the game because of that stupid bug."

Is this true?

I'm pretty sure they fixed that.

edit: Yeah, I just tested it, that bug should have been fixed a long time ago. I think the issue here is he feels he is "jacked" with only a single item that gives attack speed.

Hylian7

http://dotabuff.com/matches/755128189

How exactly does one deal with Doom as Storm?

I feel like that's the one hero that's a trouble spot, any way you slice it.

vk7eFBc.png

These are DB+ hero counter stats for doom. The first column is "Success Against" and "Winrate against" is the second one. 22% winrate against Doom as Storm Spirit is pretty low. Granted the hero is a natural counter to Storm, surely there's some way I can beat it. I feel like there's the option of "Just farm until you have an Orchid and Linkens" which of course is almost never viable because your team is going to need help and will expect a Storm to gank.

Hylian7

I guess I'm looking for answers other than "Don't get counterpicked." Obviously that's the most ideal answer, but surely drafts go wonky, and BAM, they baited your Storm pick into a Doom pick.

Or it's All Random or something.

I guess the question is "How do you mitigate the counter to where you aren't completely screwed?"

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I mean if you want simply to not get totally screwed by Doom, you could get Linkens first or build tanky with Bloodstone, Atos, or Shivas.

Ketch

Just watched ESL frankfurt Alliance vs C9 game 2
surprise.gif
HO LY SHIT! Such a good game.

Fucking Bulldog
cool.gif
You have to ban that nature's prophet against alliance. He's literally unstoppable.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I guess I'm looking for answers other than "Don't get counterpicked." Obviously that's the most ideal answer, but surely drafts go wonky, and BAM, they baited your Storm pick into a Doom pick.

Or it's All Random or something.

I guess the question is "How do you mitigate the counter to where you aren't completely screwed?"
Go where Doom isn't and check his inventory and TP status if possible.
Go where Doom is and Orchid him first, try to kill, GTFO

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Is it just me, or has that recent games thing when you look in a person's dota profile disappeared?

Madouu

Go where Doom isn't and check his inventory and TP status if possible.
Go where Doom is and Orchid him first, try to kill, GTFO

In addition to this, in fights, always keep an eye on him, do not tunnel vision on your target. Do not commit and sacrifice your positioning without a way to escape if you do not know exactly where he is. This is in a scenario where he is the main hero you are worrying about.

This is the stuff you learn when you play a lot of support and always need to keep tabs on a particular target to disable or to stay away from, the kind of knowledge that transfers well into situations like these when you are playing a carry or a semi carry.

Is it just me, or has that recent games thing when you look in a person's dota profile disappeared?

Not just you.

Top Bottom