• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

ViviOggi

I almost always play in a 4-5 stack and almost never flame in all chat.
But today was different.

I called their lifestealer a genius for TPing in front of my Leshrac and dying, and then called their Jakiro a motherfucker when they asked for ff but Jakiro kept ice pathing us.

It felt good. It felt really good.
What's happening to me?

Did the Jakiro even type ff

Dahbomb

But today was different.

I called their lifestealer a genius for TPing in front of my Leshrac and dying, and then called their Jakiro a motherfucker when they asked for ff but Jakiro kept ice pathing us.

What's happening to me?
You don't play the game...

The game plays you.

Mohasus

But today was different.

What's happening to me?

Just remember the golden rule: you can only flame after friday so no one has reports left.

inkls

"My first 63 hours of dota 2"

You can do much better than that kotaku...

I wonder how much the 10 mil prize pool is helping in making dota 2 mentionned much more in the gaming press.

Razzer

So the available teams for the team descriptions are:

Alliance - taken by Demoli
Titan - taken by close to the edge
EG - taken by mastershake
Fnatic
NewBee
Vici
Navi EU
DK
IG - taken by Sanjay
C9 - I'm claiming dibs on this one.
Team Empire
Navi US
Arrow
LGD
Mouz - taken by ksan
MVP - taken by Steve

Format: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=118828241&postcount=1641

I'm surprised no one has wanted Navi yet. Also, I really hope someone gets Newbee cus I have no idea what any of them are like. We ideally want these done by Sunday, but it's ok up till Tuesday.

elyetis

I prefer treads over mana boots. You get so much regen from sadist that the 125 mana pop boots give you seems pointless. Plus treads let you tank up in the early game so you can sustain much better in fights

Treads - Mek - Aghs is probably the easiest and best progression
When played carry, I definitly agree. But like I said, in all those game I was the support of my lane, so getting my mana back by killing the creeps wasn't always an option till at the very least the mid-game.

But I could probably go bloodstone over hearth after my aghs, and decompose my arcane boots in the process ? Hearth usually seems better for necro but I might be wrong.

TUSR

Banned

Titan
Fnatic
NewBee
Vici
Navi EU
DK
IG - taken by Sanjay
Team Empire
Navi US
Arrow
LGD
Mouz - taken by ksan
MVP - taken by Steve

I'm surprised no one has wanted Navi yet. Also, I really hope someone gets Newbee cus I have no idea what any of them are like. We ideally want these done by Sunday, but it's ok up till Tuesday.

How troll are we allowed to make these?

Razzer

I voted for PA, Spectre, and Viper but I wanted to change it to FV but it wont let me change my vote. Which SUCKS

I honestly dont know what any of this is about. I went to your link and still feel clueless

I really should be making this more clear, shouldn't I? Basically, for the TI4 thread, we are making a series of descriptions, one for each team. The purpose is:

1. It will inform people who don't watch much dota and want to tune in for the big event what the teams are like and what to expect from them, also allowing them to pick favorites.

2. Hopefully generates discussion on the teams, on whether the analysis of them is correct.

3. Introduces a few memes to the new people.

4. Its fun.

If you are still confused, check out the OP of the world cup thread.

Edit: You can be a little trolly if you like, as long as it is still fairly informative to new people. In fact, the things to say when... sections were my idea for inserting in-jokes. (And letting new people in on them).

I'm so happy those CIS visas went through. Can't imagine how much they must've sweated. Biggest thing every (not only financially) in your D I G I T A L S P O R T and you are invited but can't go? Nightmare.

In other news, call the fashion police.

ihdIjqD.jpg

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh i unemployed right now but i recently got called for a job so might be working during TI4, why does the final had to be on a monday? :/

Titan
Fnatic
NewBee
Vici
Navi EU
DK
IG - taken by Sanjay
Team Empire
Navi US
Arrow
LGD
Mouz - taken by ksan
MVP - taken by Steve

You're missing TeamLiquid, CIS Game, and VP, it looks like.

ZeroX03

Banned
Tonight was a great night. Had a person purposely pick the hero I had soft selected just to fuck with me, and a Nyx who would feed himself to Roshan and then deny players who had been Doomed but would survive. We still won, but with teammates like that I kind of wish we hadn't.

Razzer

You're missing TeamLiquid, CIS Game, and VP, it looks like.

The decision isn't final, but with the limited response we were thinking of cutting the wildcard teams. MVP would stay as steve has already got them, so we'll just put them as THE FIRST KOREAN TEAM EVER! or something.

Ties

Banned
I'm so happy those CIS visas went through. Can't imagine how much they must've sweated. Biggest thing every (not only financially) in your D I G I T A L S P O R T and you are invited but can't go? Nightmare.

In other news, call the fashion police.

ihdIjqD.jpg
second guy on the left is fine for the most part. i don't like the khakis with that shirt, it should have just been black but its a solid outfit otherwise imo

the other guys are pretty bad/basic but thats what you usually see around the streets these days. the guy in the red for example is a pretty common outfit

Chris R

The main International site does a pretty poor job of putting all the information in one place.

This is my attempt at fixing that:

http://dota2.cyborgmatt.com/prizetracker/ti4-info

I just wish they would post what the actual game time plans are. Is Monday just going to be the Grand Final or are they going to play the Loser's final too kinda details.

Also, I had no idea the "Bite of Seattle" stuff was going to happen. Hope it's easy to get in/out of the arena to go grab some food/drinks.

I just wish they would post what the actual game time plans are. Is Monday just going to be the Grand Final or are they going to play the Loser's final too kinda details.

Also, I had no idea the "Bite of Seattle" stuff was going to happen. Hope it's easy to get in/out of the arena to go grab some food/drinks.
Monday is the Grand Finals.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Matt, you should also make note of how highway I-90 will be under construction starting the 18th, which could slow road travel for those coming from out of Seattle.

So, how late do you guys think most days will go to? If game start at 9, they will likely do 3 best of 3s and a "special event" like the 1v1 tournament each day. I guess that would peg a lot of days ending from 5PM to 8PM, which could give us time to see the city.

Top Bottom