• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

I like necro but fuck if I don't hate the "he's a support" bullshit with him. I say first thing I'm playing necro, then wr goes safe and takes last hits, maxes shackle first (no points in powershot till 8), bb dies three times and abandons, sf gets ganked constantly, and np goes first item dagon. Tbf I went headdress/arcane/blink which is also kind of a dumb build, but I think blink can be useful on him.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/754971606

Blink is actually quite nice on him, but not something I'd recommend before Mek and another big item like atos/aghs.

Hylian7

"Yo momma so fat, that even a ward at the fountain spots her."

-Some guy in my game that someone else failed to load in, 2014

shira

Fired. He broke strict internal policies and has now jeopardised other people's jobs.

We have a site statement coming up in the near future and then I'll probably publish my own.

Nobody wins in this situation, I just wish Rod had realised the severity of what he was doing at the time.

Can you straighten out those Giant Bomb guys too?

Their latest podcast is a dota trainwreck:
- All 5 EG members are American
- E-sports teams needs to have strict country boundaries, no international teams, only from the same country because it is confusing and equates to less national pride.
- Need to remove nicknames because I want to hear their real names, even in the World Cup nicknames are too confusing. We need real names to legitamize e-sports.

eznark

Banned

- E-sports teams needs to have strict country boundaries, no international teams, only from the same country because it is confusing and equates to less national pride.
- Need to remove nicknames because I want to hear their real names, even in the World Cup nicknames are too confusing. We need real names to legitamize e-sports.

Does that mean Allison is really rtz's girlfriend

I haven't listened to it but I'm sure they have plenty of people pointing out the mistakes.

Wish I was over there to do more work with them though.

Maybe we can do a Bombcast from Seattle?

inkls

I haven't listened to it but I'm sure they have plenty of people pointing out the mistakes.

its the prize if you defeat the gb squad in the Rektreational

mfaex

E-sports teams needs to have strict country boundaries, no international teams, only from the same country because it is confusing and equates to less national pride.

Someone at giantbomb actually said that? That's one of the stupidest fucking things I've ever read.

Is Rudds going to TI?

its a bombcast

i love them

but its not where you go for informed statements on things theyre not familiar with

BigAT

Someone at giantbomb actually said that? That's one of the stupidest fucking things I've ever read.

Not really. Just that it was easier for casual/fake soccer fans to get into it during the World Cup because they had national teams to fall back on.

mfaex

Not really. Just that it was easier for casual/fake soccer fans to get into it during the World Cup because they had national teams to fall back on.

God I hope that's what was actually said. If anyone has a time stamp that's even close I'll listen myself.

BigAT

God I hope that's what was actually said. If anyone has a time stamp that's even close I'll listen myself.

Like Steve said, it's REALLY not something worth getting upset over. Just a single member of their cast plays Dota (and relatively casually at that). It is kind of absurd to take anything they have to say about it seriously.

xanavi

Anyone ever lost a game of dota because they had to go take a massive shit mid-game?

Asking for a friend.

not really

Atlantis

Mirana is out of the running? Perched for Booty Patrol's meltdown.

tumblr_n67rqaLN5D1reysmlo1_250.gif

inkls

Vote for jugg arcana, I ask you this dear voters. Would YOU vote for a candidate who keeps herself half hidden all the time?

A vote for juggernaut is a vote for a future full of healing wards, not ketchup

mfaex

Like Steve said, it's REALLY not something worth getting upset over. Just a single member of their cast plays Dota (and relatively casually at that). It is kind of absurd to take anything they have to say about it seriously.

Yeah that's why I asked. It didn't seem like something they'd say.

Ketch

Due to the whole slasher thing, I checked out ongamers again... site is looking pretty good, I might have to added it to my daily rotation. Watched Matt's interview with Fear, pretty awesome to hear him say he wants to play again after TI, and it sounds like his coaching thing with EG is going really well... having his experience on the team in anyway has got to be really beneficial. I hope to see an Iceiceice interview on there at some point (make sure to ask him who his favorite hero is).

Time for the hard questions though: Fear says he wants to go back to playing after TI... Is he going to replace Mason as EG's carry? Or does he join another team... which team do you guys think he should join?
Replace Xbox with Fear, Dendi Fear best team #roadtoti5 and beyond <3

Also, are pro players contractually obligated to mention there sponsors during any recorded conversation or what?

fake edit: here's the link to the video if you are interested but haven't seen it yet: http://www.ongamers.com/videos/fear-talks-about-eg-no-matter-how-bad-we-play-we-a/2300-735/ Don't up vote me Matt.
too soon? sorry

real edit: If another white male wins the arcana vote I'm creating a twitter account just so I can bitch about it.

ElyrionX

Ok, we are getting a small update tonight
blush.gif

Looks like a ton of items are going to be marked as Commodities. All the Player Cards, the Immortal Strong Box, the Diretide Essences, and the Frostivus 2012 consumables.

What does marked as Commodities mean?

DanSaxon

Gutted Invoker didn't win the arcana, I don't play Jugg enough to warrant me buying an arcana for him and I already have the Alliance set for PA.

traveler

Not Wario
Definitely not the two I wanted to see in the finals, but at least Jugg is an active, not gonna sit around and farm all day carry when played right. Has more potential in his arcana than PA does too, with the healing ward. Yeah, he has a ton of items already, but PA already has quite a few herself, including a few sets I think that are better than any of juggs. Guess I'm voting Jugg.

If Viper ends up being the model rework winner, I'm ok with that. Still ticked that Zeus didn't even enter the competition and that Slard lost to Viper, but Viper could use a rework.

Due to the whole slasher thing, I checked out ongamers again... site is looking pretty good, I might have to added it to my daily rotation. Watched Matt's interview with Fear, pretty awesome to hear him say he wants to play again after TI, and it sounds like his coaching thing with EG is going really well... having his experience on the team in anyway has got to be really beneficial. I hope to see an Iceiceice interview on there at some point (make sure to ask him who his favorite hero is).

Time for the hard questions though: Fear says he wants to go back to playing after TI... Is he going to replace Mason as EG's carry? Or does he join another team... which team do you guys think he should join?
Replace Xbox with Fear, Dendi Fear best team #roadtoti5 and beyond <3

Also, are pro players contractually obligated to mention there sponsors during any recorded conversation or what?

fake edit: here's the link to the video if you are interested but haven't seen it yet: http://www.ongamers.com/videos/fear-talks-about-eg-no-matter-how-bad-we-play-we-a/2300-735/ Don't up vote me Matt.
too soon? sorry

real edit: If another white male wins the arcana vote I'm creating a twitter account just so I can bitch about it.

yeah i should visit it directly more often

http://www.ongamers.com/videos/i-fought-2-lions-and-a-robber-during-an-earthquake/2300-721/

that video is cool

Top Bottom