• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

IceMarker

db8RTEJ.gif

AntiMage_laughing.gif

IceMarker

Why do people want to change Spectre's voice? She has one of the best voices. A simple gimmick, but effective all the same.

They're not permanently changing voices in this vote, they're just giving a hero an optional voice pack that will come as an inventory item. That being said, I'd like to see what Valve can come up with to match the unique default voice Spectre has. Juggernaut doesn't need a thing changed or added.

Quesa

They're not permanently changing voices in this vote, they're just giving a hero an optional voice pack that will come as an inventory item. That being said, I'd like to see what Valve can come up with to match the unique default voice Spectre has. Juggernaut doesn't need a thing changed or added.

honestly think that the voice thing is kind of unnecessary, the model update should just go to all the characters that need one, and that the arcana should've been the only real vote.

honestly think that the voice thing is kind of unnecessary, the model update should just go to all the characters that need one, and that the arcana should've been the only real vote.

They just disguised it as a stretch goal to keep us idiots busy.

on the other hand. I finally won with DK, it seems the drums is the item i'm lacking early game. After drums I went with maelstrom and the game finished even before i can farm any additional items. I skipped soul ring though. Is it that situational? I cant spam spells without soul ring but luckily we have a competent support.

abunai

They just disguised it as a stretch goal to keep us idiots busy.

on the other hand. I finally won with DK, it seems the drums is the item i'm lacking early game. After drums I went with maelstrom and the game finished even before i can farm any additional items. I skipped soul ring though. Is it that situational? I cant spam spells without soul ring but luckily we have a competent support.

I usually skip soul ring if I think it's okay to get away with greedy/passive play versus whatever line-up the opponents have. Drums are the best item in the game and helps somewhat with DK's mana early on. 99% of games I play on DK, I purchase drums; roaming and stuff with friends on support ends up in a nice couple of kills before any carries come on-line. But I'm trash so maybe you shouldn't listen to me.

Tobe

I think gush is fine to max first or second, but the last thing to level should be kraken shell, only 1 point really needed before 11.

1-3-1-1 thats probably the best way to go. anchor smash is way too good. gush is just a slow and a armor debuff.

fallagin

Been testing out elder titan a bit today and realized that he is quite based. Played around with him as a noob once kind of weirded out by him and not understanding his strengths. Now I realize that he has a pretty damn sweet and relatively safe way of initiating the hell out of the enemy team. Also good scouting capabilities. Can probably hold a lane by himself pretty easily. Tried to jungle with him for a second in bot matches and yeah, pretty pointless.

He has a pretty good range between being spell dependent and doing some right click damage. I will probably go refresher on him probably every time just for the extra regen and for the extra ult that works so well with his other skills.

Why do people want to change Spectre's voice? She has one of the best voices. A simple gimmick, but effective all the same.

Honestly, I think it is not because people dislike her voice, but they probably just want these lesser used heroes to get more attention.

Nymerio

Played a Legion Commander + Skywrath Mage lane with a friend yesterday. It was disgusting. In a good way.

E: Speaking of Skywrath, how do you properly skill him?

Kreunt

Banned
Played a Legion Commander + Skywrath Mage lane with a friend yesterday. It was disgusting. In a good way.

E: Speaking of Skywrath, how do you properly skill him?

1-1-1 then max arcane bolt, then usually max your silence second unless you really need your slow on a lower cooldown.

Nymerio

1-1-1 then max arcane bolt, then usually max your silence second unless you really need your slow on a lower cooldown.

Cool, thanks. I think I did max arcane bolt first but then I alternated between the other skills. Will keep that in mind.

Kreunt

Banned
Cool, thanks. I think I did max arcane bolt first but then I alternated between the other skills. Will keep that in mind.

I've done that before too, honestly it doesn't matter too much unless you're playing against heroes that absolutely need to be silenced for as long as possible, this is usually heroes with escapes like AM, QOP etc.

Radec

Finished a Legion weapon last night.. would behappy if you guys checked it out!

Are you guys limited to 2 hander weapon for LC and the dual sword is for the arcana only ?

I buy almost all LC-related hats except for the weapon since that's the arcana slot.

elyetis

I like necro but fuck if I don't hate the "he's a support" bullshit with him. I say first thing I'm playing necro, then wr goes safe and takes last hits, maxes shackle first (no points in powershot till 8), bb dies three times and abandons, sf gets ganked constantly, and np goes first item dagon. Tbf I went headdress/arcane/blink which is also kind of a dumb build, but I think blink can be useful on him.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/754971606
I actually like starting necro as a support, and still end up pretty much like a carry thanks to his ult and ability to push/depush lanes.

1404387607-necro.png

Nothing incredibly impresive I know ( even more so at my mmr ), but that hero keep giving my good result for the past few weeks.

ZeroX03

Banned
Offlane 1-8 Tinker with 25min BoT sits there spewing out a bunch of insults about how it's all my fault. I proceed to nicely explain that his statements are mostly inaccurate, only to get instamuted.

thisisdota.webm

DarkKyo

Are you guys limited to 2 hander weapon for LC and the dual sword is for the arcana only ?

I buy almost all LC-related hats except for the weapon since that's the arcana slot.

I've attempted to make dual swords for LC before; it seems like it's possible due to being able to preview dual weapon animations in the importer but I don't think it's likely that Valve would accept them because the animations/stance/look was created specifically for the Arcana and is arguably one of the selling points for it. Also the geometry budget for LC's weapon is pretty small(but not impossible) for dealing with two swords -- Valve used more geometry than is normally acceptable for LC weapons on the Arcana.

Acinixys

I actually like starting necro as a support, and still end up pretty much like a carry thanks to his ult and ability to push/depush lanes.

1404387607-necro.png

Nothing incredibly impresive I know ( even more so at my mmr ), but that hero keep giving my good result for the past few weeks.

I prefer treads over mana boots. You get so much regen from sadist that the 125 mana pop boots give you seems pointless. Plus treads let you tank up in the early game so you can sustain much better in fights

Treads - Mek - Aghs is probably the easiest and best progression

Earthshaker is a given, right?

A lot of options for water.

Not so much for air.

Earth - Earth Spirit. I mean come on hes already green, the color of the Earth nation

Morph/Slark/Naga/Slardar could be Water

Gyro/Jakiro/Wind could be Air

TI4 HYPE!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

People bitch when ever someone tries to make a duel sword, I hope eventually valve lets people put them out since supposedly support for both weapon styles delayed lc like 4 months.

sephi22

I almost always play in a 4-5 stack and almost never flame in all chat.
But today was different.

I called their lifestealer a genius for TPing in front of my Leshrac and dying, and then called their Jakiro a motherfucker when they asked for ff but Jakiro kept ice pathing us.

It felt good. It felt really good.
What's happening to me?

eznark

Banned
But today was different.

I called their lifestealer a genius for TPing in front of my Leshrac and dying, and then called their Jakiro a motherfucker when they asked for ff but Jakiro kept ice pathing us.

What's happening to me?

you're becoming a childish asshole

highfive.gif

manfestival

But today was different.

What's happening to me?

Welcome to dota 2. Assimilation is almost complete. Oh eznark

I saw that dude at the club on tuesday night. He was looking mad old. Everyone kept bothering the guy. I kinda felt bad for him but I guess thats what fame does.

inkls

But today was different.

What's happening to me?

Kreunt

Banned
But today was different.

What's happening to me?

you're learning how to play the game properly.

TUSR

Banned
But today was different.

What's happening to me?

keep this up and you will be a low priority pubstar like myself.

enjoy your global mutes

Top Bottom