• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbd23

Reworked how All Pick works in Ranked Matchmaking

Picking starts after a 35 second strategy period.
Teams alternate picking. Whenever it is a team's turn to pick, anyone on that team can pick for themselves.
Teams have up to 30 seconds to pick a hero. If the timer expires, each player that hasn't selected a hero will lose 2 gold per second. The selection will stay on this team until a hero is picked.
Once a selection is made, it immediately switches to the other team to pick.

Chris R

Roaming support just got a whole lot more attractive. Snipe the bounty rune each time it spawns for LOADSAMONEY and some nice exp as well...

Knowing me, my teams will be shit and won't go after EITHER rune each time they spawn :(

edit: Fuck more people rushing vanguards now :(

ink4n3

disapprove.gif

rezuth

Bane
Aghanim's Scepter Fiend's Grip now also causes anyone who attacks Bane while he is channeling to be afflicted with Nightmare

YES YES YES YES MY FAVORITE SUPPORT GETS EVEN BETTER

Jex

Chronosphere no longer disables passives

Doom now requires Aghanim's Scepter to disable passives

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Razzer

Glyph of Fortification cooldown is now refreshed whenever you lose a Tier 1 tower
Glyph of Fortification cooldown is now refreshed whenever you lose a Tier 1 tower

RIP PUSH META SO FUKKIN SMART ICEFROG U GLORIOUS FUCKER

Dude is a balance genius, always thinking outside the box.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Blood Rite sound like it will be really strong and will combo well. Huge cast range. But BS got some significant nerfs I feel with reworking his kit, not sure if he will actually be stronger.

Chris R

Those map changes.

Holy shit those images...

Going to take some time to relearn the map now!

Did someone already post them here for poeple who can't read the patch ntoes at this very second?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Clockwerk
Hookshot now pulls Clockwerk to neutral creeps normally like any unit

This is such a clever buff

Dark Seer
Vacuum cooldown rescaled from 28.0 seconds to 28 seconds

Icefrog you troll

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Enchant Remnant sounds like a really OP ability.

I wonder if the change to Chronosphere will effect its interaction with invisible units.

Life Break on Perma 12 second cooldown, but damage is nerfed.

Chris R

Is the XP rework calculated globally or just in the bonus area? Talking about the part

XPDifference = ( EnemyTeamXP - AlliedTeamXP )/ ( EnemyTeamXP + AlliedTeamXP )

Skab

Oh god, these Riki changes.

Permanent Invisibility is now a basic ability
Permanent Invisibility fade delay from 3/2/1 to 8/6/4/2
Permanent Invisibility now provides 4/5/6/7 HP regeneration while invisible [?]

Blink Strike is now an Ultimate and can target Spell Immune
Blink Strike bonus damage from 30/60/90/120 to 50/70/90
Blink Strike now has 3/4/5 charges, with a 30 second replenish time, instead of a 20/15/10/5 cooldown
Blink Strike mana cost reduced from 50 to 40
Blink Strike cast range increased from 700 to 800

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Lone Druid got a nice buff. I also like how they patched out a common pub mistake of using Midas with the Bear.

While shapeshift was mostly nerfed, that 650 movespeed sounds fun.

Necrophos is going to have like a 60% pub win rate now. Get killed at level 6 with Scythe, your 18 second respawn turns to 48 seconds.

Jex

"1) Composite Damage: This damage type has been removed. There are no longer any abilities which use Composite Damage.

2) HP Removal: This is no longer considered a Damage Type, and its remaining uses are as an alternative cost to Mana for spells to use (Sunray, Burning Spears) or as functional HP modifications (Armlet, Sunder, etc). These are now considered usage costs in the game and are never lethal." wtf

Snowdrift

Treant Protector finally gets the ability to ward trees, but when is a TP ever going to have enough money to farm and aghs...

This was my favorite ability for Keeper of the Forest in HoN before the rework.

rezuth

Did anyone else notice the vacuum effect when highlighting "
Vacuum cooldown rescaled from 28.0 seconds to 28 seconds" ? :D

Skab

Holy shit Tree got his fucking eyes back!

Added Aghanim's Scepter: Grants a new ability, Eyes in the Forest, which allows Treant to enchant trees to spy on his enemies and expand the area Overgrowth affects.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
"Added Aghanim's Scepter: Allows Phoenix to cast Supernova on an allied hero, bringing both into the Sun to be reborn together. This does not refresh either hero's ultimate. 500 cast range. If the Sun is destroyed, both heroes will die."

AKA the ultimate Pub Throwing Spell.

"Permanent Invisibility is now a basic ability"

Riki is now the bane of all low level pubs.

I think Sniper's Head Shot change is a nerf, not being a ministun causes it to lose a lot of its utility.

Wow, LC got nerfed fucking heavily. Didn't expect taht I'm kinda sad as she is the hero I had the most fun with lately.

Then again, I dig the Terrorblade buff. Casting Sunder in team fights was so tough because of its animation.

kagete

Rune fights every 2 minutes, bottle core on 3 heroes per team. Not sure if I like this or not, but this will be fun to try out at least!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom