• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

22FgZB8.png

I did not even know Chrono would reveal Slark.

a4zTq9f.png

Sniper not anymore the annoying stunner.

DexIS5b.png

Huge.

u9g161Q.png

Amazing. I like all these changes, which make the game all fresh.

ouqtrXL.png

RIP Captain's mode.

wc35LnG.png

Bye, bye, indeed.

u3bLNH3.png

ALkrclb.png

Nice touch.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
No...Pure damage is blocked by bkb. TBH, changing universal damage to pure that goes through magic immunity seems even more confusing.
One thing you have to realize is that BKB and other forms of magic immunity no longer block pure damage at all. Its not well described, but its a huge fundamental change.

Haunted

The changes to Faceless seem fairly minor to me, but I'm not sure of the consequences of the "doesn't disable passives" bit (tbh, I didn't know Chrono did that in the first place).

kasane

im still trying to grasp the new damage types

but i just changed my isp so downloading test client won't be fast anymore

:(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
On the TEST client I can see and equip all cosmetics? Is that new?

At least you can TP out at lower levels and it doesnt interuppt channeling but like... 0.5s is broken

Deadman

Cool bane buff

The bounty hunter change is nice

The broodmother changes are really good, i like those. Now you can move to another lane much easier.

Crystal maiden buff isnt really enough, neither is the doom nerf.

ES aghs is complete madness

Shaker change is cool

Yay enigma buffs

Hope those void nerfs are enough

Lina and lion buffs, as always. Good times.

Hell yes ogre magi buffs. Im already >75% win rate with him, now ill never lose.

Time to disable help on every phoenix aghs player.

Puck op.

New riki is weird.

Timber with 2 chakrams. i need singuu stream asap.

Treant pretector aghs sounds cool but no one will ever make it :(

Nice, warlock buffs.80% winrate gonna go up.

I like the simplification of damage types.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Magic Immunity has now been renamed to Spell Immunity. Spell Immunity only defines if Spells interact with it, not how damage itself is handled. This means that on its own Spell Immunity status does not reduce any damage.

Black King Bar, Repel, Rage and all other previous forms of "Magic Immunity" now grant Spell Immunity status and a 100% Magic Resistance bonus.

In the vast majority of cases, the interactions are still the same, however an example of a case that would be different is if an ability has both Spell Immunity exception and has Pure damage type. Previously the damage would not have any impact, however now it does.

Volodja

bkb definitely still blocks pure damage
No, it doesn't, it may block the spell that deals the damage thus blocking the damage as well, but the damage itself ignores Magic Resistance therefore if the spell is not blocked, the damage goes through fine.

Holden

ya but most spells pre 6.82 will work exacly the same in 6.82

chakram doesn't deal damage vs bkb

brain sap same

but obviously not rupture which will do damage (like it did before)

and bane ulti doesn't deal damage ( even though the stun works vs bkb)

kvk1

my steam blew up while i was downloading the techies update

now i can't like launch steam at all

pls...not now...not like this

Haunted

Chen able to grab Ancient creeps and Mud Golems.

ANCIENT CREEPS AND MUD GOLEMS PUSHING DOWN TOWERS

cats and dogs mass hysteria etc etc

BeesEight

Damnit, Valve. I'm trying to play Wasteland 2. Don't be releasing this nonsense now.

And what the hell is up with these balance changes.

Wok

im still trying to grasp the new damage types

but i just changed my isp so downloading test client won't be fast anymore

:(

It is clearer than before:

F8VFyqn.png

All you have to know:

ljebF47.png

BKB = spell immunity + 0 magical damage

rjsqtMF.png

BKB = 0 damage from laguna blade because magical

BKB = 100% damage from laguna blade after scepter upgrade because pure and spell-piercing

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
This new PL seems pretty fucking awful after mucking around with it in TEST.

The on demand blink is nice and the 100% damage taken can be on demand for pushing and making 2 illu means they can start making illu with 40% target on a hero...
Actually with a blink and taking 100% you don't know which one is real if you don't have it attack too.

He has to be a lot more all-in fighting with risk but it can pay off a lot it seems? IDK. The 4.2 to 3.0 is huge.

This new PL seems pretty fucking awful after mucking around with it in TEST.

The on demand blink is nice and the 100% damage taken can be on demand for pushing and making 2 illu means they can start making illu with 40% target on a hero...
Actually with a blink and taking 100% you don't know which one is real if you don't have it attack too.

He has to be a lot more all-in fighting with risk but it can pay off a lot it seems? IDK. The 4.2 to 3.0 is huge.
its so he can't split push no more and his team fight is now center stage

also harder to counter with es

Wok

i wish i could purge my knowledge of how the old damage types were because its just making it harder to learn the new shit

It really is more intuitive. When I started learning about pure damage, I thought they were not affected by magical resistance. This used to be false (right?). Now this is true.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
One thing you have to realize is that BKB and other forms of magic immunity no longer block pure damage at all. Its not well described, but its a huge fundamental change.

Oh shit. I dont like that.

Edit: Or not? This is more confusing than the previous system.

after thinking about it that new riki is pretty trash

hes not worth the offlane

maybe as a lane support or a roamer... maybe nah i dunno what you do with him

maybe you just dont bother with invis and still hard farm him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom