• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volodja

ya but most spells pre 6.82 will work exacly the same in 6.82

chakram doesn't deal damage vs bkb

brain sap same

but obviously not rupture which will do damage (like it did before)

and bane ulti doesn't deal damage ( even though the stun works vs bkb)
Well, they balanced it all so that it would end up not messing with everything, of course.
But pure damage still isn't affected by bkb or repel and such, only the spells that deals it does and that's a pretty important distinction.

In other news, Tree's aghs is a thing of beaty but I'll never get to farm one. Life is hard.

Snowdrift

Which pro teams do you suppose will benefit from the new patch the most?

The Chen, Sven and Lone Druid buffs seems to be good for Alliance.

Volodja

Ok there's a thing with the Treant trees vision and Roshan, if you transform one of the trees around Roshan, you have vision inside and unless they have something to remove the trees (or buy a quelling blade), you are gonna have permanent Rosh vision.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I dont know how I feel about OD ulti always mana draining. You can just murder an entire teams fighting potential just by getting that on a few heroes with a decently farmed OD.

Edit: Ah misread, its aghs only. Thats good then. OD's aghs was shiiiit.

Razzer

after thinking about it that new riki is pretty trash

hes not worth the offlane

maybe as a lane support or a roamer... maybe nah i dunno what you do with him

maybe you just dont bother with invis and still hard farm him

I think you get 1 value point in invis, as the 8s fade time doesn't affect his ganking ability. Then hard farm as you say, and once you hit 6 his team fight is way stronger than it used to be. I mean, what did perma invis really give you before that it doesn't now? Any good supports would be using sentries vs you, and 8 secs is plenty of time to fade in jungle when ganking.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I think you get 1 value point in invis, as the 8s fade time doesn't affect his ganking ability. Then hard farm as you say, and once you hit 6 his team fight is way stronger than it used to be. I mean, what did perma invis really give you before that it doesn't now? Any good supports would be using sentries vs you, and 8 secs is plenty of time to fade in jungle when ganking.

8 seconds it actually an extremely long time to wait to make sure you are invis so you can move past ward spots.

Haunted

Crimson Guard looks like a nice item. Finally something to build Vanguard into, making it useful past the first 15 minutes.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Crimson Guard looks like a nice item. Finally something to build Vanguard into, making it useful past the first 15 minutes.

Finally something to build with my accidental second buckler

Also I see they finally made Dream Coil aghs work on the magically immune.

Chris R

Problem being you will get idiot and idiot rushing Vanguard first hoping to build into the new item "quickly" when they probably should just get a PMS and some other item instead :|

Epix

Some fanart: http://crispme.com/digital-artwork-fan-art-by-mike-azevedo/

Dota-2-Blue-Team-840x472.jpg

Lina-vs-Lion-840x472.jpg

Nighstalker-Dota-2-840x795.jpg

Pudge-840x581.jpg

Slardar-840x560.jpg

Tiny-840x472.jpg

G.ZZZ

TB is super strong, LC i don't think it will be all that good after those nerfs, but still pickable.

Sniper was 100% nerfed. The stunning part of the skill was the best thing of the hero. Made casters unable to actually stun you if they walked on you. Now you don't interrupt anything, lion, coming to you, lion hexxing u and u ded. I'll have to try it but it looks a lot like a nerf. Permastunning bitch was funnier anyway. Whatever.

XP/Gold change is basically made so that after 10k gold/exp difference kills are worth much less and you need objectives. T1 towers giving 200 less gold overall too, and first blood 50 less. In general getting leads and keeping them is way harder. Not sure if people will just start playing safe since it's harder to keep leads anyway. Turtle boys.

Tinker is dead. Dagon upped in mana cost, Eth now projectile so u can't actually shift it , plus march not universal mean u can push into it and tinker can't recover farm into ancients. TINKER IS DEAD THX JESUS.

Razor is megadead not sure why nerf so much. The 50 mana on link lvl 1 was a big nerf already, but that plasma field damage nerf? Damn man.

CM now kill any forest creep with lvl 1 frostbite seems good. Make it up a bit for the int nerf, but still she's not great.

Doom FUCK YOU THX. Hero's still good, not as obnoxious as before thx jesus.

Drow is whatever. Slightly slightly better but i don't like taht this hero is basically a gimmick with visage in CM.

Skywrath mage is 100% the same for me that i built it as 1-4-1-1. No, actually he's even better. MAX BURST BUILD BOYS LEGIT GG

Riki best offlaner. But not sure what u do with him after that.

Phoenix and ES should still stay away from captain's mode with a stick. Fuck them.

I'm not sure anyone noticed it, but Beastmaster wild axes now do 20% more damage at last levels. Pretty good buff.

Lycan is dead, Rosh position probably being the biggest nerf.

TP buff thx jesus.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ice Shards is actually a buff.

Ice Shards no longer stops when it hits a hero
Ice Shards now travels until the cast location and creates its blockade there
Ice Shards cast range increased from 1500 to 1800
Ice Shards no longer destroys trees
So now you can use it defensively and offensively.

Or like, completely dick over your teammates but it always worked like that.

Volodja

It also means that Ice Shards does more damage in a fight because it doesn't stop at the first hero it hits. It also means that in that same fight you are probably not gonna isolate that hero from his team (unless your spacing is great).

G.ZZZ

Also abusers in AP are pretty much fucked compared to now if they don't get first pick. Dragonfist for example is never gonna play ranked aynmore pretty much.

Haly

LC is probably going to get a buff/unnerf for 6.82b. This is just a defensive nerf so she can be safely put into CM.

Phoenix and ES though... good fucking luck. It's going to take another year before they even come close to being CM ready.

THOSE Aghs.

Haly

I skimmed over that line too so I thought it just traveled the full distance.

Which is the best Chen ancient to steal?
the triceratops with the stomp right
Riki best offlaner. But not sure what u do with him after that.

he has like 30 damage and you cant get your backstab cause you got invis :(

if you want someone to be invis and stand and get xp get bh because his invis doesnt suck

i dont see him in the off very well, especially when we have offlaners like timber and bristle that can get xp and some farm now we dont need the super passive well at least you got xp offlaners now

Haly

Does that mean it won't proc the shards even if it hits a hero?

Yeah, looks like. You'll need to exercise far greater control to get a decent trap but if you're good with it...

Artanisix

It can be used defensively like fissure now. You can throw it the path of an enemy to block their way.

Much higher skill required to use it, but it's a buff.

Haly

It can be used defensively like fissure now. You can throw it the path of an enemy to block their way.

Much higher skill required to use it, but it's a buff.

Can trap people in Rosh pit for BS silence.

Kreygasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom