• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
His gank got a little stronger and jungle just slightly more consistent.

His late game is better too. Centaurs mean jack lategame but triple Dragons?

G.ZZZ

Wait a second so now purification damage pierce bkb? Well it's the only pure damage aoe in the game i think. Most other spells with pure damage target anyway

Volodja

Oh my, I misread the Tusk change and thought it was gonna travel the full range like it does now if it doesn't hit any hero.
But if you select where you cast it, it's another story. That's hella strong.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Did feedback on Diffblade really need to be changed? The item is already rare as it is and it wasnt changed enough in other areas where it would be a worry of diff 2 being OP.

Haly

Haly thoughts on Crimson Guard?

I always liked Crimson Guard and wanted it in normal Dota 2 ever since Year Beast.

I'm not sure who I'd ever build it on, however. An early Blink is still miles better than an early Vanguard.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
that buff to KOTL's mana drain is amazing. it's basically a level 1 stun that also completely drains their mana.

FACE

Banned
Everything is OP to Aui
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

All of Timber's pure nukes are AOE.

Oh yeah.

Timbersaw will now terrorize BKB carrys.

Edit: Or not, I misread the notes :(

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Guys Timber is still shit against BKB. You need to have spell piercing for your pure nuke to go through bkb.

Zephyx

I don't think that Crimson Guard is gonna get much usage. A Mek or a Blink Dagger is probably better anyway. Regardless, awesome patch! Can't wait to try it out.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Mmm more delicious glaives damage on Silencer.

Also thank the gods for that buff to Crush's level 1 and 2 stun duration

sixghost

I always liked Crimson Guard and wanted it in normal Dota 2 ever since Year Beast.

I'm not sure who I'd ever build it on, however. An early Blink is still miles better than an early Vanguard.

I think it would be decent on Bristle, timber, maybe a utility beastmaster. or undying.

Volodja

Oh shit so timber now all pierce bkb? Huge buff damn
No.
None of his abilities pierce Spell Immunity.

Spell Immunity doesn't stop only targeted abilities from being cast on the hero, but also area of effect abilities from having any effect if they don't pierce.

kasane

will play pl to feel like zealot

i dont think i can keep my 70% pl winrate on pubs anymore

new rune should just give you 2 bottle charges like hon

icefraud

kvk1

I'm having trouble launching the test client. How is the new map layout?

Will it make for more fights around the rosh pit?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I think it would be decent on Bristle, timber, maybe a utility beastmaster. or undying.

Undying is a good one because he really wants his mana for decay stacks and to drop tombstone and flesh golem, which is 200+ mana alone.

This is a bad patch though, because Lina didnt get a range increase.

Having fun? :D

Also hats off to the guy who called a few of the changes from my crappy hint.

having fun.

Loving the shift away from push (but keeping it viable). Loving the PL and BS changes to make them more enjoyable beyond boring, grating split pushing strats. Loving the very idea of Chen Hand of God'ing ancients.

Today is a good day.

Weaver is going to be stupid strong

Geminate crits will cause much weaping and gnashing of teeth.

I suspect crystalis will be core after linken's.

Haly

I don't play Bristle do I didn't mention that. Timber is still better off rushing Bloodstone, although Brown -> Ring -> Crimson is a possibility now as well...

Undying still bad, I'm sorry.

I'm actually considering it on Weaver as an alternative to Linkens when there aren't any spells worth blocking. Not in competitive, obviously, but for pubbing.

I don't think that Crimson Guard is gonna get much usage. A Mek or a Blink Dagger is probably better anyway. Regardless, awesome patch! Can't wait to try it out.

It has a much better build up though compared to blink, and 225 mana cost on mek is nothing to laugh at on a lot of strength heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom