• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Way back when valve added Dota items to the market they said contributors would get a cut of them

Looking deep in the term, it does say "May Choice"

Revenue Share on Fees Collected on Secondary Sales. In cases where your Contribution is capable of being sold by Steam Subscribers in the Steam Community Market, Valve or the Publisher may choose to share a portion of any game fee, if any, they receive in connection with such secondary sales. The applicable Workshop page may provide information about potential revenue sharing in this case.

FACE

Banned
Fogged didn't actually get 2k gold:

rFSwvJl.jpg

Razzer

I never mentioned this earlier, but I like that the new rosh area means there is no longer a staircase that you can't see down, I never liked that.

Acinixys

That new Spectre set, uh...sure is something.

a2M7KDs.jpg

Ok

My buddy just unboxed this set

And then we played a game and he picked Spectre

It looks MUCH better in game

The weapon looks retarded tho. He switched to the TI4 immortal 1 almost straight away

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wish they would pay a bit more attention to these gold things. I think Viper really did get like 3-4k from ending that godlike.

bbd23

SirBelvedere on Fogged killing invoker

He got 1096 gold. Not 2K. Went from 685 to 1781. And that's totally fine coz the Invoker he killed was fed as hell when compared to him.
Wrong info. Wrong statement.
That game, they started shitting on the patch as soon as it started like it was some cool thing to do. Especially considering they had no idea whatsoever as to how it worked. Somehow blaming the patch seemed more okay than them losing out lanes and fights.
Remember this - reading patch notes is not the same as truly analyzing the patch and meta game by playing the patch. If years of changes to Dota hasn't proved that, then dunno what will.

kasane

First game was a 54 minute borefest

other team was so afraid of pushing against es and tide, When they pushed they really got rekt

You can farm the enemy jungle globally with aghs treant protector. Put an enchanted tree near each of the 5 camps (you can do this so it gives great vision of the enemy jungle + rune), press r, and ca-ching! At level 3, overgrowth fully kills all small camps, some medium camps (wolves, satyrs) and some smaller hard units (small wildlings, small centaurs). I calculated that, on average, an overgrowth gives you 242.8 gold - 76 for small camps, 51 for each medium camp, 32.4 for each hard camp. The only camps that give you nothing are hellbear camps (both survive) and mud golum camps (magic immune).

The real question is if you want to spend your overgrowth, but the cd is 'only' 70 seconds, it gives you a bunch of gold and messes up the enemy farm.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
You can farm the enemy jungle globally with aghs treant protector. Put an enchanted tree near each of the 5 camps (you can do this so it gives great vision of the enemy jungle + rune), press r, and ca-ching! At level 3, overgrowth fully kills all small camps, some medium camps (wolves, satyrs) and some smaller hard units (small wildlings, small centaurs). I calculated that, on average, an overgrowth gives you 242.8 gold.

The real question is if you want to spend your overgrowth, but the cd is 'only' 70 seconds, it gives you a bunch of gold and messes up the enemy farm.

brb trying this

Anno

lol. Bought 5 chests, got 2 Lycan sets that paid for twice the price of the whole lot! I like this III Naga set.

Manus

Man PL this patch is just nuts. Just had a game against one where here wasn't to bad early, but late game was just nuts,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom