• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

FACE

Banned
So, when PL rushes at you with diff blade do you just hope he brought some lube or is there anythign else you can do?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I have no idea how to play the new bloodseeker. Tried supporting and was useless all game. I didn't get a blade mail, which I think was my biggest problem.

New PL seems retarded. How do you stop that hero? He gets a free Manta at level 1 and can rush down any hero. If your team doesn't have some sort of high damage cleave how do you even kill his illusions?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Here is another Nexon Set, this one looks good. Only the loading screen is on the workshop though:
268x268.resizedimage

637x358.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=318359953&searchtext=

Satch

Banned
the map changes have really brought to my attention just how much i relied on muscle memory to navigate the map

every time i go anywhere near the changed areas of the map with roshan i get disoriented very fast

KingKong

I have no idea how to play the new bloodseeker. Tried supporting and was useless all game. I didn't get a blade mail, which I think was my biggest problem.

New PL seems retarded. How do you stop that hero? He gets a free Manta at level 1 and can rush down any hero. If your team doesn't have some sort of high damage cleave how do you even kill his illusions?

Sounds like its Kunkka time

Kreunt

Banned
I'm probably imagining things but it feels like magic immunity on euls is lasting too long.
I kept fucking up euls into LSA stuns and I usually ace that shit.

That has always been the way to beat PL--people just refuse to do it.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
That has always been the way to beat PL--people just refuse to do it.

The problem before was only once you let him farm up a heart and his illus were so tanky you were helpless. Now between his free Manta and his rushdown ability it seems like he's able to slaughter any hero and there's no way to get away from him.

The game we lost against PL, the Centaur on his team fed mercilessly ALL game and still managed to have the 2nd highest XPM on the team:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/920493298

PL was nearly impossible to kill. Luna's glaives weren't damaging him at all. We thought it was because of Butterfly evasion but even after MKB she did no damage. I dunno, I haven't played him yet, but he seems way too powerful. Our team was pretty bad against him tho. A lot of single target disable and DPS, which I'm sure didn't help.

sixghost

So, when PL rushes at you with diff blade do you just hope he brought some lube or is there anythign else you can do?

I just played against a PL and was able to TP out a few times. This is only from 1 game of experience with the new PL, but he seemed to fall off later on. My team didn't even have that hard of carries and he wasn't much of a factor in the late team fights.

So I don't know how it is at higher MMRs but here are the player MMRs for my two games of ranked tonight:

Game 1

Radiant

Dire

Game 2
Radiant

Dire

Usually the gap is only 100-200, maybe 500 at a weird time of night, but over 1000?

I just want to say though, the new come back stuff does make those lopsided games not feel so bad. In that first game I was the only guy over 2k MMR on the Dire. All of my team mates finished with 11 or more deaths (2 with 17!!) and we still won because the enemy team recklessly died to me (Sven) a couple of times and I got to the point where I could 1v3 them and eventually we won.

The game we lost against PL, the Centaur on his team fed mercilessly ALL game and still managed to have the 2nd highest XPM on the team:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/920493298

PL was nearly impossible to kill. Luna's glaives weren't damaging him at all. We thought it was because of Butterfly evasion but even after MKB she did no damage. I dunno, I haven't played him yet, but he seems way too powerful. Our team was pretty bad against him tho. A lot of single target disable and DPS, which I'm sure didn't help.

Luna never got an MKB. And you hit right on the head after that--your team has no real potential beyond single target. You needed something like a Sven or ES to beat them--instead you have a pretty flimsy lineup of single target disables. Also, nothing but damage items on every, single, hero. Someone should have gotten an AC, someone should have gone for a sheep stick, someone should have gotten a BKB besides just you. You don't even have a Mek. You were going to lose team fights no matter what.

Luna never got an MKB. And you hit right on the head after that--your team has no real potential beyond single target. You needed something like a Sven or ES to beat them--instead you have a pretty flimsy lineup of single target disables. Also, nothing but damage items on every, single, hero. Someone should have gotten an AC, someone should have gone for a sheep stick, someone should have gotten a BKB besides just you. You don't even have a Mek. You were going to lose team fights no matter what.

but mek costs literally infinite mana now

Quick question about the new bloodseeker buff spell.
Does anyone know when the amplify is applied on spells like gyro rocket. Do you need to buff them before gyro rocket is cast or applying it after rocket has been used before it hit?

*EDIT* Just tested with gyro, Bloodrage only amplifies the damage from the gyro if the buff is present on Gyro at the time when the rocket hits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom