• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeknurn

Thank you Valve for the comeback gold and xp. It is single-handedly the best change in history of Dota. I'm having tears of joy after the game I just had.

In the game I just played the usual happened, Pudge mid lost hard against TA, we got a jungle Lycan that was completely worthless and sat in the jungle for the first 20 minutes. Which meant we lost every tier 2 before we even took our second tier 1.

But then instead of ending it they split up and went to farm all over the map that they now had control over. We grouped up for a smoke gank and we picked off both their TA and their incredibly rich Void. After having seriously reduced their gold/xp advantage we had a fighting chance and we went as a team and won it. Their players kept throwing themselves at us one by one like they had done for the whole game but it didn't work anymore because they had lost their massive advantage.

So once again, thanks Valve. You have made pub games bearable again.

Randdalf

Guys the buffs Spirit Breaker got make him so much more viable. You can effectively charge in, and then if you're tanky enough, just charge out a short while later. It almost completely gets rid of the old problem where he would just charge in, and if it was a bad situation he couldn't escape. I escaped from so many fights by just charging back across the map. In fact, I was even using charge to farm creeps towards the end of the game.

G.ZZZ

Tbh i don't mind much the comeback mechanic, just the lot of gold thrown around. It feels like mid and early heroes don't matter as much since you'll get farmed anyway and you'll get to lategame much more often. Items like Wand, Bracers, Etc... lose a lot of value this patch and u see supports itemizing a lot more 3 of last patch instead of 4 or 5. I don't like it because it cheapen the item/gold maximizing aspect of last patch and feel more like "fight all the time get gold, get items, win game". I'd like the streak ending gold gone (and when you kill someoen show ALL the gold gained instead of just the kill gold) alongside passive gold back to 1 gold per sec to make me feel like i'm working toward those supports item instead of just being around kills all the time. This way midgame snowballers aren't punished as much and you can still pick them, no reason to nerf them since they weren't top pick already (storm, Ta, QoP, Ember etc...)

To elaborate on this i find pretty sad that a lot of early heroes that were buffed like CM or Treant actually tanked in win rates, while late heroes, even if nerfed, got a monstrous bump in winrate (Void), and Omni got like +6% win rate on the basis of the increased relevance of the lategame supports alone. Basically, there's no reason to not go super greedy always with this much gold around. I don't mind the comeback, i mind the tons of gold going around (and icefrog knew this, that's why he nerfed all tower gold and lowered kill streak gold, but it's not enough).

Just watch: QoP get decently buffed, -1% win ratio cause she's all about the midgame. Puck basically unchanged -2% win ratio, TA same -2% win ratio, Lina buffed -2% win ratio, Skywrath slightly unchanged -4% win ratio etc...

Surprisingly, i note that storm got +4% win ratio, probably because he can itemize much better to stay relevant in lategame compared to QoP and TA. Same for ember.

Drow also got -4% win rate even while slightly buffed. I suppose her ability to farm fast and push towers alone isn't as relevant when there is so much gold around everyone has a blink and blink on ur fat ass.

Spectre got +11% win ratio on the back of all the gold going around meaning she'll always get radi, then pickoffs, then manta, diffusal, heart, refresher gg.

To elaborate on this i find pretty sad that a lot of early heroes that were buffed like CM or Treant actually tanked in win rates, while late heroes, even if nerfed, got a monstrous bump in winrate (Void), and Omni got like +6% win rate on the basis of the increased relevance of the lategame supports alone. Basically, there's no reason to not go super greedy always with this much gold around. I don't mind the comeback, i mind the tons of gold going around (and icefrog knew this, that's why he nerfed all tower gold and lowered kill streak gold, but it's not enough).

Just watch: QoP get decently buffed, -1% win ratio cause she's all about the midgame. Puck basically unchanged -2% win ratio, TA same -2% win ratio, Lina buffed -2% win ratio, Skywrath slightly unchanged -4% win ratio etc...

Surprisingly, i note that storm got +4% win ratio, probably because he can itemize much better to stay relevant in lategame compared to QoP and TA. Same for ember.

Drow also got -4% win rate even while slightly buffed. I suppose her ability to farm fast and push towers alone isn't as relevant when there is so much gold around everyone has a blink and blink on ur fat ass.

Spectre got +11% win ratio on the back of all the gold going around meaning she'll always get radi, then pickoffs, then manta, diffusal, heart, refresher gg.

I really dont think we can look at the winrate changes yet until next week. For now everyone's just instapicking pl/bloodseeker/riki and skipping core items/support items to rush their new dumb aghs upgrade.

If the numbers stay the same though, I agree there's not much punishment anymore for going with greedy drafts. I especially wonder how supports will do now, on one hand they get more gold like everyone and tp scrolls cost less, but on the other there's less tower gold to go around.

cumback mechanic is broken i got 1 kill and then was able to buy butterfly diffusal on PL when we were down 3-60 and then we won
rage.gif
wait are you talking about reddit or gaf

Thoughts on Eul's as first item on bloodseeker after phase boots just to stop people from TPing out?
General build at the moment has been phase -> Eul's -> Yasha -> Basher/MkB

Jex

I feel like it's insanely early to be calling this patch broken with regards to how it handles the potential for comebacks. This was clearly a very deliberate change by Mr.Frog and untill people have adapted to this new system and played a signifcant amount of games under it we really won't know if it needs tweaking.

Snowdrift

So everyone still hates [A], right?

I like the Misery pickup, he seems more aggressive and can carry when needed (so could EGM though). 6.82 should be good for them, since Chen will be back in the ban pool against [A] which was one of the big reasons they were so successful at TI3.

Madouu

Very happy to see these Leshrac picks since the patch came out.

How the fuck is Omnikinght 64%. Is it the power of his new sexy hair?

Well, he was always up there in the first three spots, and it was the same in hon before. Let's not forget that these winning rates are heavily affected by lower skill matches since they constitute the vast majority of the dota games, a skill bracket where any heroes with heals are extremely good. Add to this the fact that Omni has probably the best teamfight ability in the game in combination with the changes to kill and xp bounties and it's very easy to understand why he is at an even higher win rate than before now.

KingKong

It seems pretty obvious already that spectre is completely broken with the assist gold change and I have no idea how they didnt realize it during testing

Carlius

Banned
i love that we are having long games....*tears* screw 15 minute games, god that shitty meta was such a sad period for dota. gave us such a bad international. welcome back doto

I like the Misery pickup, he seems more aggressive and can carry when needed (so could EGM though). 6.82 should be good for them, since Chen will be back in the ban pool against [A] which was one of the big reasons they were so successful at TI3.

I am not sure Chen will be back in the ban pool, sure he received a buff, but a big reason for picking Chen was the early pushing power, which is less useful now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom