• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something about the new Rosh pit looks so much less...intimidating.

Less like some sort of ominous cave a big monster would live in, but more like Roshan moved in first and took the room with the best view. It just cries out for some sort of extra architectural flourish besides the lavafall.

Jex

Blademail on 4 heroes, keep one blademail always activated, easy kill.

Or if the timing of Zeus ults is predictable, use only one blademail.

Bloodseeker's spell is double edged: +40% damage dealt and received.
Or just have a Mask of Maddness Blademail Abadon on everyteam.

Wok

kyQOLB1.png

3DGtB5f.png

Heroes with high winrates are even higher now.

YUS4U2x.png

SyQpkhp.png

Lowest winrates:

FZJCB4j.png

ndBvMRU.png

7wHpSaG.png

5fzBGgx.png

I don't know what happened to Enchantress since she was slightly buffed.

Bounty Hunter suffered from a bug of Shuriken.

Tinker? Well, we know what happened to Tinker.

I wonder what made Medusa's and Spectre's winrate skyrocket like this? I enjoy playing Medusa anyways, so I'll likely find out today.

edit: Actually, it's probably the meta game shifting to late game that's benefitting late game heroes like those two.

Kinda getting the hang of Clockwerk as I get used to using more active abilities

My main problems are

1) remembering that the cogs are not well used if I end up in a 1-on-1 even fight without a ranged teammate doing damage as well, or a melee teammate in the cogs with me and the enemy, allowing the double-team. Also still taking too many hopeful risks with it, which ends up with the enemy escaping, me stuck for a couple of seconds, and my teammates stuck with the cogs blocking their path

2) Using the Hook when the path to the targetted enemy is blocked by creeps. I'm sure it says in the description that you knock enemy units out of the way en route until you hit the target, but that didn't seem to be happening yesterday

That Rocket ability is really good for finishing off enemies who have escaped with a slither of health

2) Using the Hook when the path to the targetted enemy is blocked by creeps. I'm sure it says in the description that you knock enemy units out of the way en route until you hit the target, but that didn't seem to be happening yesterday

it stuns and damages enemies you collide with when you have already hooked a valid target

I wish TB got his strength gain back. Early game, he can only take towers when your team is teamfighting the enemy team 4on5 on the other side of the map so nobody's around to 2 shot your hard hitting illusions.

Oh my good reddit is so awful.
While plying the new patch the game feels different. Maybe because of the new bounty. Games are more even, although stomps still happens.

Acinixys

the comeback, im all in for omitting fountain fishing, which the mechanic itself punishes heavily.

The comeback mechanic looks pretty amazing

I was watching Notail play last night against a Mirana that fed maybe 6 kills in the first 10 minutes and was pretty terrible in the mid game as well

But because of the comeback gold bonus she ended up 6 slotted and ALMOST carried their team to victory

G.ZZZ

Tbh i don't mind much the comeback mechanic, just the lot of gold thrown around. It feels like mid and early heroes don't matter as much since you'll get farmed anyway and you'll get to lategame much more often. Items like Wand, Bracers, Etc... lose a lot of value this patch and u see supports itemizing a lot more 3 of last patch instead of 4 or 5. I don't like it because it cheapen the item/gold maximizing aspect of last patch and feel more like "fight all the time get gold, get items, win game". I'd like the streak ending gold gone (and when you kill someoen show ALL the gold gained instead of just the kill gold) alongside passive gold back to 1 gold per sec to make me feel like i'm working toward those supports item instead of just being around kills all the time. This way midgame snowballers aren't punished as much and you can still pick them, no reason to nerf them since they weren't top pick already (storm, Ta, QoP, Ember etc...)

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Just lost 3 in a row with new PL. 2 of the losses were mostly due to my team picking absolutely retarded heroes and I played like absolute human garbage in those games too tho, so not making excuses. The one game I was doing alright the enemy team's QOP got mega fed. She bought Linkins/BKB/Eblade and was practically unkillable.

I haven't really gotten a grasp on PLs kill potential yet. Huskar tried to solo gank me once in the game and I slaughtered him. Other times I would try to 1v1 a tusk and get murdered. Not sure of the best way/time to use Doppleganker, to initiate an attack, save it to try and purge a debuff or juke/escape. His cooldowns are all super low tho, which is really nice.

All of his skills scale well and I'm not sure which to max first. I've been maxing the W but I'm thinking a value point might be enough. It's a really good disjoint (disjointed Treant's ultimate and SO many other big spells), you can use it to juke up cliffs and into trees.

At any rate, I think the hero is super fun to play, regardless of how OP he may or may not be and the fact that I suck with him. Going to try more builds. He definitely seems ready to fight a LOT sooner than he used to be.

Razzer

Just lost 3 in a row with new PL. 2 of the losses were mostly due to my team picking absolutely retarded heroes and I played like absolute human garbage in those games too tho, so not making excuses. The one game I was doing alright the enemy team's QOP got mega fed. She bought Linkins/BKB/Eblade and was practically unkillable.

I haven't really gotten a grasp on PLs kill potential yet. Huskar tried to solo gank me once in the game and I slaughtered him. Other times I would try to 1v1 a tusk and get murdered. Not sure of the best way/time to use Doppleganker, to initiate an attack, save it to try and purge a debuff or juke/escape. His cooldowns are all super low tho, which is really nice.

All of his skills scale well and I'm not sure which to max first. I've been maxing the W but I'm thinking a value point might be enough. It's a really good disjoint (disjointed Treant's ultimate and SO many other big spells), you can use it to juke up cliffs and into trees.

At any rate, I think the hero is super fun to play, regardless of how OP he may or may not be and the fact that I suck with him. Going to try more builds. He definitely seems ready to fight a LOT sooner than he used to be.

Try maxing Q then E. With that build you can just facerush people.

ViviOggi

Yeah I'd definitely max Lance while researching max level Charge in the Twilight Council, one level of the scramble skill should suffice for shenanigans in the early game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom