• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

FACE

Banned
This Void
facepalm.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
So I've got the "Where the hood at" Swag Fiend mod installed and since his model update it's pitch shifted really weird. It's probably too much to ask for an update to the mod, eh?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I've been working my way through the TI4 newbie stream replays and like Newbee are so much better than every other team that's playing that it's almost boring watching their games. Damn.

Snowdrift

I am not sure Chen will be back in the ban pool, sure he received a buff, but a big reason for picking Chen was the early pushing power, which is less useful now.

True, but I feel you will also see more Chens now as a result of the Mek mana cost increase. The Mek hero pool is slightly smaller, and Chen is one of the best heroes at farming an early Mek and having the mana pool to use it if you are no longer going to put it on a Razor or an offlane Bristle, Viper.

t0rment

Yes I know, but I was under the impression new bs was less pubstomper and yet better in comp.

that silence aoe is really something, most heroes with him gains more damage and he's also a very good late game hero, which in this patch is a big advantage imo.

True, but I feel you will also see more Chens now as a result of the Mek mana cost increase. The Mek hero pool is slightly smaller, and Chen is one of the best heroes at farming an early Mek and having the mana pool to use it if you are no longer going to put it on a Razor or an offlane Bristle, Viper.

Yeah, I think there will be a bit more Chen, but I doubt he will be high for ban priorities. Maybe so, you never expect the new meta heroes.

patapuf

I don't think Viper will be hurt too much by the mana cost increase.

Hylian7

Far less games as a sample which means a higher percentage of people who think "drop all of these rocks now so I can play pinball with the boulder right?"
Guess so. I played a match with him last night. Not 100% used to the new Smash cast system, but it definitely is better.

I also got to go Aghanims, which was fun as all hell.

inkls

I think theres a bug with my game where arcana's don't change the hero's minimap icon or profile image near the clock. Don't know how to fix this.

Me too, until a guy went 20-0 immediately followed by a guy who went 21-5.

That doesn't sound that different from old bloodseeker tbh.

G.ZZZ

Another thing i don't like by how much gold is given out, is that the first 20-30 mins of the game are irrilevant and the game is pretty much decided by who win big teamfights later on. Like the other team play worse all game, 11k gold difference, one fight and game's back even. No actually it's way worse because they now push your lanes, get towers, and they got the advantage back. All the earlier part of the game is meaningless when you get 10k xp 5k gold swing in a single fight. That's way too much.

To quote someone that said this probably better than me:

To be fair, they played kind of poorly at the end, defending in ones and twos. They threw pretty hard - but that's not my point. My point is that I had the distinct feeling all game that nothing I did in the first 30 minutes actually affected the outcome of the game. In 6.81, my 10 minute ultra kill with Sanity's Eclipse would have had a significant impact on how the rest of the game progressed. In 6.82, I really don't feel like it did. A couple of minutes later I got picked off and, welp, gold and XP lead now evaporated.

I understand that this change is good in pubs attitude toward playing, since before ppl would've often stopped playing altogether, but this is a bit too much on the other way imho. Getting an advantage early should reward you more than it does now. Also relevant:

JLuqeDB.png

Not to scale obv but the trend it's there.

Razzer

Not to scale obv but the trend it's there.

This is something Froggy can tweak if it needs it. Getting it exactly right is gonna be hard obviously, so if he has gone too far in one direction they can just go a little the other way in 6.82b.

I felt super bad losing my games last night, and it was weirdly for pudge. He hit hooks, made smart ganks, and beat down all the stereotypes, but it just isn't enough when things are set to go on for at least 50 minutes.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
This is something Froggy can tweak if it needs it. Getting it exactly right is gonna be hard obviously, so if he has gone too far in one direction they can just go a little the other way in 6.82b.

Ofc that's fairly obvious lol, hence the heavy discussion about the new mechanic.

I like the sentiment behind the comeback mechanism, but it is far to much. It can stand to be reduced by a flat 25-50% and still enable many more comebacks without actually rubberbanding. GZZZ's dotabuff pics almost guarantee changes are going to come at some point, I don't think that was the intended trend at all, the system was probaby more about catching up supports and less about picking 3-5 carries, hoping for a couple lucky kills in the mid to late game and then bam, you're carries are now farmed. Not to mention these outliers over 60% that we haven't seen in years.

Anyhow, 1 kill should never match or nearly erase 8-10 prior kills, I don't care how far you're behind, that's been dota for 8 years. That can be toned down considerably (to something like 3-5 kills) and you'd still see a significant (but slightly less heroes of the storm) impact.

Did they nerf creep/jungle xp? Feels like im leveling slower in new patch, and you are pretty much forced to choose late game heroes, otherwise you will have 0 presence and just get stomped

Ketch

I felt super bad losing my games last night, and it was weirdly for pudge. He hit hooks, made smart ganks, and beat down all the stereotypes, but it just isn't enough when things are set to go on for at least 50 minutes.

Same thing thing happened to me last night on storm. Did really well, won our team the early and mid game, but couldn't do anything against medusa.

In retrospect I got the wrong items. Need sheep and bkb, got orchid and linkens instead.

Sanjay

Doppelganger is fucking stupid skill right now.

Did they nerf creep/jungle xp? Feels like im leveling slower in new patch, and you are pretty much forced to choose late game heroes, otherwise you will have 0 presence and just get stomped

Should see more Spectre, Tony, PA, Dusa and AM now.

Battlemage is back.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Quite the hyperbole don't you think lol

Not really. He's right. This is the patch of carries. I think you'll see competitive trends move this way pretty soon as well, the greed is real.

But as to the other coment, no, they didn't nerf jungle xp this patch.

Hylian7

Not really. He's right. This is the patch of carries. I think you'll see competitive trends move this way pretty soon as well, the greed is real.

But as to the other coment, no, they didn't nerf jungle xp this patch.
I saw a video on my YouTube feed about sniper ancient jungling. This will be the next NP cliff jungling, won't it.

Has anyone seen an NP do Dire cliff ancients yet?

I saw a video on my YouTube feed about sniper ancient jungling. This will be the next NP cliff jungling, won't it.

Has anyone seen an NP do Dire cliff ancients yet?

No, no, no, no. Now that you've said this, this is what the next Nature's Prophet I'll play with will do.

Why is Earth Spirit STILL at the bottom? He is near 6.7ó levels of OP now...

I'm having more trouble with his kick now. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but placing a stone and then dragging my cursor to where I want it to go seems so slow. Also of I happen to be 200 units away from the stone then I just kick air and have to go back to move over. I think I did better with just kicking the stone itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom