• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Bounch, spill the beans:
XrAwsmb.jpg

GEW1kKT.png

kvk1

Just want to reiterate how beautiful the new music.

That pre-game piece before the laning begins....goosebumps.

Zeth

The 6.81 meta has changed wildly several times without a major patch. The current "meta" has been in place for literally a month and a half. It's honestly one of the most fluid patches I've ever seen and I've been playing for 10 years.
The whiners need to get some perspective. When you get upset that a hero is picked very often for a span of WEEKS or less (Ember Spirit, for example), a reality check is needed. I'm sorry, but Dota is NEVER going to have an equal 10% pick rate on every hero, even if the heroes are all perfectly balanced and can all do well. Players pick based on trends, what they see already working. But that doesn't mean other things can't work.
Void, Skywrath, and Razor were LITERALLY between the 40th and 60th most played heroes in 6.81 up to July 17th (pretty similar numbers if you restricted to only 6.81b too). What changed? Nothing, just that a new strategy was discovered.
So back up and remember a time frame longer than the last 2 weeks please. There's absolutely nothing out of the ordinary with the current meta, and the patch isn't overdue either.
nENuCP6.gif

Carlius

Banned
just won my game against techies. u know, this could bring a new era to dota, where ppl actually do buy wards. i was a bh, bought sentries like crazy, and by the end of the game, techies was nothing. still was able to get the farm and we won the game even though i spent all game buying sentries.

hes very annoying though.

laugh.gif

Err

So I picked Techies and right off the bat I got whined at by our Dark Seer. He trolled and fed and AFK'd and fed couriers because "we have Techies, it's GG from minute one"

Well... yea, if you act like that. Self fullfilling prophecy.

Carlius

Banned
Err

So I picked Techies and right off the bat I got whined at by our Dark Seer. He trolled and fed and AFK'd and fed couriers because "we have Techies, it's GG from minute one"

Well... yea, if you act like that. Self fullfilling prophecy.

lol youre a techies picker. haha. jk

sort of...if its non ranked whatevs, if its ranked, then i would rage too.

sick.gif

I dont like it

The 5 games I played of it my buddy who plays a sick carry cycled his heroes till he got a hard carry and then afk farmed till we won with a huge mid push

I just like it for all the crazy things that can happen. Just had a game where our team wiped the other team in a 3 vs 3 fight then one of their players spawned in as a Spectre, Haunted, and then proceeded to reverse wipe us (since we were all low from the previous fight).

Not to mention the funny item/hero combo's you can get (AM Blink, Riki Shadow Blade).

lol youre a techies picker. haha. jk

sort of...if its non ranked whatevs, if its ranked, then i would rage too.

sick.gif

Unranked

Going on 2 games with techies and 2 reports for doing nothing other than picking a hero

I get that Techies are a jokey kind of bad hero, but no need to ruin your own game before it's even started...

Kioshen

On the upside, you'll get him out of the way early!

Problem is that I don't have any starting point on him. Like no freaking clue how he works. At least with Invoker I could have winged it with a zoo qe build. I guess he's a FotM for now so there's probably a couple of guides out there or I could get carried by a gaf stack
kappa

Mohasus

I don't know why I keep trying to play LD and NP.

Quiero ser bulldong pero mi dedos no dejam.

I won using the hon ultless build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom