• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is that I don't have any starting point on him. Like no freaking clue how he works. At least with Invoker I could have winged it with a zoo qe build. I guess he's a FotM for now so there's probably a couple of guides out there or I could get carried by a gaf stack
kappa

ask for the sixghost to flow through you

hes not that hard just run around and tab w w tab w w tab w w ez win

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Thanks Valve for having mercy on a 61 games noob like me.
rage.gif
rage.gif
SLx19c3.gif
nENuCP6.gif

They're trying to get you while you're young. Get some Meepo practice in NOW. I waited until I'd already played like 1,000 games and I wish I had been rolling with Mapo all along because that hero is THE TRUTH against low level pubs.
surprise.gif

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Problem is that I don't have any starting point on him. Like no freaking clue how he works. At least with Invoker I could have winged it with a zoo qe build. I guess he's a FotM for now so there's probably a couple of guides out there or I could get carried by a gaf stack
kappa

Meepo is incredibly strong at low levels because pubs have no coordination against him. You can keep all your meepos together and be fine. Even just stacking a few camps with your 2nd meepo while laning can get you so far ahead that the game will be easy. Believe.

Mohasus

People make fun about the champions in LoL, but I'd take a cute girl with blades who can dash do AoE damage and slow and also have attack speed boost and skillshot over techies everytime.

Kioshen

ask for the sixghost to flow through you

hes not that hard just run around and tab w w tab w w tab w w ez win

sixghost halps
surprise.gif

I'm sure you already posted some tips but I skipped them early on since I wasn't planning to play that hero early. Valve gently forced my hand I guess ...

They're trying to get you while you're young. Get some Meepo practice in NOW. I waited until I'd already played like 1,000 games and I wish I had been rolling with Mapo all along because that hero is THE TRUTH against low level pubs.
surprise.gif

Yeah but those 1000 games solidified your mechanics first. I'll probably have to bust through my usual key setup too. Although I'm sure I'm still in the lower brackets so that might help me clear this one out quickly.

Meepo is incredibly strong at low levels because pubs have no coordination against him. You can keep all your meepos together and be fine. Even just stacking a few camps with your 2nd meepo while laning can get you so far ahead that the game will be easy. Believe.

What do I have to watch out for if they display some semblance of coordination ? Stacking with the second one sounds good. All those matches as support will pay off.

sixghost

surprise.gif

This is the truth if you have any interest in playing any of the more difficult heroes. Once you have a grasp of the basics, just jump in and play some bot matches on those heroes. There's never a better time to learn than when you're still playing against people who suck.
sixghost halps
surprise.gif

I'm sure you already posted some tips but I skipped them early on since I wasn't planning to play that hero early. Valve gently forced my hand I guess ...

Yeah but those 1000 games solidified your mechanics first. I'll probably have to bust through my usual key setup too. Although I'm sure I'm still in the lower brackets so that might help me clear this one out quickly.

What do I have to watch out for if they display some semblance of coordination ? Stacking with the second one sounds good. All those matches as support will pay off.

Ok here's the short version of how to play meepo:
Use hotkeys. This isn't optional. Play a couple bot games to get used to them if you've never played a game like Starcraft or Warcraft before. You really only need 3 groups, 1 for your main meepo, one for all meepos except the main one, and one for all meepos. You can set these in the options menu so you don't need to assign control groups in the middle of the game.

Think of Meepo as 2 units, rather than 5. The main meepo is one and all the others are then second. The basic idea of meepo is that you want to be farming two spots at once. Typically you'll keep your secondary meepos farming in a safe spot, like your jungle, so you don't need to pay attention to them so much, that way you can focus on not getting the first one killed.

A good way to practice is to go in a bot match and play mid. Once you get level 3 try to stack a hard or medium camp every minute while still farming mid with the other one. Meepo can clear lane creeps and jungle stacks like crazy with poof.

You're going to feel super weak until you get scepter since the clones get zero stat sharing until you complete aghs, so you really want to avoid fights unless it's a rout.

Blink is the best item in the game for meepo, but it's also tough to use. I really recommend trying to get poof-blinking down before you play him because it's such a huge part of what makes him good. If you have trouble tabbing and poofing quickly enough try turning on quick cast.

Also, in team fights it will seem like a lot to do at first, but basically you just blink(or walk) in, throw a few nets, spam poofs, then right click someone. Keep an eye on the meepo icons in the top left of the screen, and if one gets low just stay calm, click on the icon and run it away.

Other than that, just play him like any other carry. Every death on meepo hurts so much because he farms so quickly, typically has outleveled the other team by a ton, and runs out of steam around 40 minutes, so you really want to be careful. That all might sound overwhelming but if you get good at meepo you'll win tons and tons of matches. I don't think I'm an especially good player, but I've lost like 1 match with meepo in 7 months. He is virtually unstoppable at lower levels if you get the hang of him.

Kioshen

This is the truth if you have any interest in playing any of the more difficult heroes. Once you have a grasp of the basics, just jump in and play some bot matches on those heroes. There's never a better time to learn than when you're still playing against people who suck.

Ok here's the short version of how to play meepo:
-snip-

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this out. I'm going to win a match with Meepo even if it takes me the whole month of September to do it. Challenge accepted Valve
rage.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

Even after 1000 games my mechanics still suck. I'm bad at Dota, but I can tab poof my way thru a Mapo match like its nobody's business.

I'll agree that you might need to adjust your key set up tho. I've tried changing my item keys to 1-6 (instead of alt-QWE like I have them) in order to make them easier to use on the quick, but since I started playing Meepo, having my control groups on 1-6 is NOT optional. There's no other way I can play that hero.

It'll be worth it tho. Aside from maybe Invoker, I don't feel like there's any more rewarding hero in the game than Meepo. It took the compendium daily challenges to get me into him but I'm glad I fought thru the initial terrible games.

Baha

Really happy for Black, after the CIS throw @ ti4 (team mates didn't scrim or prep for the wildcard), I was worried that he'd have a hard time finding a new team.

Deadly

faith and chuan should have really bailed out of ig earlier

now chuan is stuck
I remember at some point Chuan said he went back to iG for his good friend Faith (back when he was about to join Newbee). Must suck that Faith jumped ship now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom