• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeknurn

Seriously fuck this game.

We don't have a safelane carry so I pick Gyro. Leshrac starts crying that I didn't pick kotl to fucking feed him mana and he autoattacks the lane never pulls and feeds. I wish there was a concede option because this is a fucking waste of time.

Ultimatum

Banned
Seriously fuck this game.

We don't have a safelane carry so I pick Gyro. Leshrac starts crying that I didn't pick kotl to fucking feed him mana and he autoattacks the lane never pulls and feeds. I wish there was a concede option because this is a fucking waste of time.

that's what cliff jungling is for

Just dropping by to say that Legion Commander is the best hero in the game. Managed to get a rampage yesterday in a roughly 4.5k MMR game. I'm fretting the day she gets into CM. She'll eat a nerf in no time.

Razzer

Just dropping by to say that Legion Commander is the best hero in the game. Managed to get a rampage yesterday in a roughly 4.5k MMR game. I'm fretting the day she gets into CM. She'll eat a nerf in no time.

She is indeed pretty ownage. How do you play her, might I ask?

She is indeed pretty ownage. How do you play her, might I ask?

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/874399291

Like that.

It varies a bit obviously. I go mid with a Stout Shield, two branches and two pooled tangos and get a quick bottle. Then Boots and a Blink dagger at roughly 7-8 minutes (significantly faster than jungling, also you crap on a lot of mids). I won't gank prior to that unless I have a haste rune or an enemy lane is entirely out of position for some reason (which is unlikely at this MMR frankly). Skill build is 4-1-1-1 by level 7. Once I have my Blink, I usually start killing squishies to rack up some damage. In the late game, I disable and kill the carries.

Item builds vary as well. I go Treads and than either Armlet, Blade Mail or BKB. Armlet is good in most situations, Blade Mail is good against enemy carries with huge right click (Void, Sniper, Sven), and an early BKB can be mandatory when you find yourself CC'd to death every duel or when there's a Skywrath on the enemy team who'll ruin your duels with his huge burst.

The good thing about LC is that she's a really potent laner, a good ganker and she snowballs really hard while providing a BKB-piercing disable and scaling well into late game. Obviously, she needs a tiny bit of help winning those duels at the start, but if your team has no burst damage, your draft was probably shit to begin with, with or without LC.

edit: I didn't have boots because I died, bought back, sold my Treads, wanted to by Travels and their throne got destroyed in that second. :(

edit 2: Also, when I stack with friends, I tend to spend little money on damage items and rather run a cheesy LC + Skywrath combo and just buy survival items. AC and Heart are really good and there's no need for damage because nobody survives that combo anyways.

shira

I've bet all my items on the next two WEC matches.

I'll either wake up rich or itemless :(

7INbJAH.png

edit: ultrakEEl
iRCNllmh57FYd.gif

Razzer

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/874399291

Like that.

It varies a bit obviously. I go mid with a Stout Shield, two branches and two pooled tangos and get a quick bottle. Then Boots and a Blink dagger at roughly 7-8 minutes (significantly faster than jungling, also you crap on a lot of mids). I won't gank prior to that unless I have a haste rune or an enemy lane is entirely out of position for some reason (which is unlikely at this MMR frankly). Skill build is 4-1-1-1 by level 7. Once I have my Blink, I usually start killing squishies to rack up some damage. In the late game, I disable and kill the carries.

Item builds vary as well. I go Treads and than either Armlet, Blade Mail or BKB. Armlet is good in most situations, Blade Mail is good against enemy carries with huge right click (Void, Sniper, Sven), and an early BKB can be mandatory when you find yourself CC'd to death every duel or when there's a Skywrath on the enemy team who'll ruin your duels with his huge burst.

The good thing about LC is that she's a really potent laner, a good ganker and she snowballs really hard while providing a BKB-piercing disable and scaling well into late game. Obviously, she needs a tiny bit of help winning those duels at the start, but if your team has no burst damage, your draft was probably shit to begin with, with or without LC.

edit: I didn't have boots because I died, bought back, sold my Treads, wanted to by Travels and their throne got destroyed in that second. :(

edit 2: Also, when I stack with friends, I tend to spend little money on damage items and rather run a cheesy LC + Skywrath combo and just buy survival items. AC and Heart are really good and there's no need for damage because nobody survives that combo anyways.

Seems pretty similar to me. The difference is I tend to play greedy and go AC as my first item after Blink treads. Priority number 1 is surviving a duel. As you say, your team should be helping you win the early ones. So I get platemail first. Then finish it in whatever order.

To get more in depth, how do you typically pick Duel targets in early-mid game fights, and when do you jump? In my case, I hide on a bit of high ground or around a corner etc, wait till the fight breaks out, and just as the enemy cores commit, I blink on the support who is meant to provide CC and duel them. Usually this is behind the rest of the enemies, and they can't turn around to focus me.

Seems pretty similar to me. The difference is I tend to play greedy and go AC as my first item after Blink treads. Priority number 1 is surviving a duel. As you say, your team should be helping you win the early ones. So I get platemail first. Then finish it in whatever order.

To get more in depth, how do you typically pick Duel targets in early-mid game fights, and when do you jump? In my case, I hide on a bit of high ground or around a corner etc, wait till the fight breaks out, and just as the enemy cores commit, I blink on the support who is meant to provide CC and duel them. Usually this is behind the rest of the enemies, and they can't turn around to focus me.

Actually, I tend to avoid 5on5s. You need to be aware of just how significantly a LC + Sky combo can dictate the pace of a game. My mid game looks exactly like this:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/871206921

We smoke up as two, run into their jungle and kill one of the cores farming the camps. Over and over again.This way, we make space for our #1 carry, we gain map control and we make it impossible for them to 5on5 us. In the process of raiding their jungle, your supp should drop an observer ward.
Smoking is extremely efficient with Legion Commander and absolutely mandatory.

If you find yourself needing to initiate a team fight (both teams sitting on their respective high grounds in front of Rosh for example), it really varies on who the best target is - in the early and mid game, I agree you should jump on the squishy supp who provides the most CC. In the late game, you'll have BKB, so please jump the Carry. Positioning is not as big a factor, because Blink allows for a huge initiation range but obviously, hiding on high ground or in trees is beneficial.

I played that game on a smurf I use when I Q with lower rated friends but the principle remains the same.

Razzer

I wouldn't be comfortable planning around a specific combo, because I play solo AP a lot. The smoking thing is good advice tho, thanks.

Zeknurn

You know you're in for a good game when your support dewards the pull camp by putting the sentry inside the camp and your last pick jungling WK skilled stun first. I wasn't even surprised when the TB on the other team got a 11 minute radiance.

Haunted

The techies on my team have been pretty much only feeding so far, but when they do get a good one off, it's almost always leading to a big turnaround. Triple Kill before the fight has started? That's a rax.

Loving the fireworks.

Dina

Apparently if you play ARDM and you are dead while there are some teammates still alive, if it takes for too long you get a leave. I assume it happens because your player agent is somewhere where it doesn't get xp, thus you get a leave.

ink4n3

How does the voice taunt work. It doesn't work on me.
I press it when horn blows or when I pick a hero. Nothing happens.

So I was screwing this up too... You have to go into your loadout and equip it manually. If you just double click it in the armory, you just get that message saying that you have to activate it in the game. Usually when you double click something in the armory it automatically equips it, but it isn't working for this right now.

Apparently if you play ARDM and you are dead while there are some teammates still alive, if it takes for too long you get a leave. I assume it happens because your player agent is somewhere where it doesn't get xp, thus you get a leave.

I'm surprised they haven't fixed this yet. It was broken when it was a hidden mode.

Kard8p3

An easy fix (if they aren't able to disable that from happening/this is even possible) would just to have the perma dead player constantly receiving xp, say 1/10 sec or something dumb. Wouldn't have any effect on the game.

Dina

An easy fix (if they aren't able to disable that from happening/this is even possible) would just to have the perma dead player constantly receiving xp, say 1/10 sec or something dumb. Wouldn't have any effect on the game.

Yeah fair enough, a dirty hack like that could work just as well. Just strange that they left it in, I'm pretty sure this was a known bug in the testing phase.

Razzer

Can I say that Sky's taunt is the most annoying thing ever? I had to hear it in two games in a row. It goes on soooooo long and it's so loud. I liked Sky, but now he's just an arrogant prick in my eyes.

Kioshen

Really happy for Black, after the CIS throw @ ti4 (team mates didn't scrim or prep for the wildcard), I was worried that he'd have a hard time finding a new team.

Yeah he was on such a bad team. They were too busy handling real life issues like getting refused their visa four or five times instead of scrimming for a tournament they were barely able to attend. Let alone the fact that they finished second in the harder division of the qualifiers or that they were going toe to toe against VG or Newbee during the regular tournaments over there.

I was disappointed too but CIS not making it was a result of a series of unfortunate events more than bad teammates.

FACE

Banned
Yeah he was on such a bad team. They were too busy handling real life issues like getting refused their visa four or five times instead of scrimming for a tournament they were barely able to attend. Let alone the fact that they finished second in the harder division of the qualifiers or that they were going toe to toe against VG or Newbee during the regular tournaments over there.

I was disappointed too but CIS not making it was a result of a series of unfortunate events more than bad teammates.

Black said they weren't practicing even before the Visa issues.

Can I say that Sky's taunt is the most annoying thing ever? I had to hear it in two games in a row. It goes on soooooo long and it's so loud. I liked Sky, but now he's just an arrogant prick in my eyes.
his in the bag? yeah its really long

also i expect a bug fix because a lot of those lines trample over each other in the beginning of the game and its a mess

They need an option to not hear the in the bag taunt. It's kind of distracting and everyone has it.

Hearing that at the start of every game ever for the rest of time is going to be terrible. Terrible for professional games. Terrible for random games. This was a bad idea for a taunt.

kvk1

Part of me wishes there was an opposite of the "in the bag" taunt.

For those games where the last pick randoms/chooses a carry in a no-support lineup, nobody buys a courier, three people are fighting for mid, etc.

A "we fucking lost" taunt, if you will.

shira

They need an option to not hear the in the bag taunt. It's kind of distracting and everyone has it.

Hearing that at the start of every game ever for the rest of time is going to be terrible. Terrible for professional games. Terrible for random games. This was a bad idea for a taunt.
Reddit post incoming.

It should be a visual taunt.
Win or Low Priority. I like it

Randdalf

Part of me wishes there was an opposite of the "in the bag" taunt.

For those games where the last pick randoms/chooses a carry in a no-support lineup, nobody buys a courier, three people are fighting for mid, etc.

A "we fucking lost" taunt, if you will.

Aside from that encouraging a negative attitude, you can already implicitly do that by not using the taunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom