• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
It's actually annoying as shit that if you play as Techies you will just instantly draw 100% of the ire on the team before you even fuck up or become useless. I played my first game as him this morning and didn't do great, but 10 minutes in Doom and Ursa both were 0-4 and i hadn't died yet. But of course the entire game was my fault, nonstop "report techies fucking noob" getting pinged on for minutes in a row etc. I'm certainly willing to admit I didn't contribute a ton early but that's not really an excuse for going 0-4 that quickly. It's not like we're playing against pros.

It's actually annoying as shit that if you play as Techies you will just instantly draw 100% of the ire on the team before you even fuck up or become useless.

Obviously those two were being dumb.

I for one, will be happy when someone on the other team picks techies.

Zeth

How do you guys request mid?

"Mid please" is all I can come up with. Unsure about a question mark.

In newb tear sometimes someone will just walk past me waiting to block and go to the Tier 1
facepalm.gif

Hylian7

In newb tear sometimes someone will just walk past me waiting to block and go to the Tier 1
facepalm.gif
Picking a mid hero and putting your icon on mid usually works for me. If someone is going to be a dick about it then it probably won't matter what you do.

Acinixys

facepalm.gif

As soon as you load in spam ME MID in all caps at least 5 times and then place your icon on mid while locking in Pudge

18zmvnzgidithpng.png

Sentenza

Well, for a start I don't ask for it before making my pick, and only if the hero is suited for the role.
Beside that, what Hylian7 said:
Picking a mid hero and putting your icon on mid usually works for me. If someone is going to be a dick about it then it probably won't matter what you do.
...And if others insist they want to be the ones in mid lane, I typically let them do it and cross my fingers that they will be competent enough.
I just don't care enough to argue over it.

52club

Techies are interesting to me because it is the first time an object on the ground triggers damage based on walking over/near it, right? Did any other characters have this on dota 1? TA is close, but you have to trigger that.

Also LoL has had this built in for a while, (Teemo, Cait, etc) so I'm curious how valve can expand on this. To me this can counter some know strategies, and should prove to be an interesting change.

Techies are interesting to me because it is the first time an object on the ground triggers damage based on walking over/near it, right? Did any other characters have this on dota 1? TA is close, but you have to trigger that.

Also LoL has had this built in for a while, (Teemo, Cait, etc) so I'm curious how valve can expand on this. To me this can counter some know strategies, and should prove to be an interesting change.

Techies isn't a new hero. He was in DOTA Allstars.

Kioshen

I think I bought one set in total from the shop. A broodmother set for 5$

...a week before 6.80 ;_;

Otherwise you can get plenty of items for cheap by just selling good item drops to gather a full set, unless you like getting getting special quality items or sets when they're fresh.

Oh I've been watching the market for cheap items or cheaper sets. I just don't have the same time available back when I was playing TF2 every chance that I got. The compendium/summer chest sale really did a number on my wallet but otherwise I've been picking up 7cents item here and there mostly. It just adds up you know.

Acinixys

#NotAllPudges

Seriously though, I have always wondered what it is about Pudge that attracts a lot of bad/trolling players? Hero is good, just gets a bad rap from the community because of the tendencies.

Hylian its because when retards play Pudge they afk in the jungle, waiting for 2 mins + for a hook WHICH THEY THEN MISS, and all the while the enemy mid has had 5 minutes of freefarm and is 4+ levels ahead

I cant count the number of games ive played where some fruitcake goes mid with Pudge and feeds countless kills tying to be cute and diving towers for no reason

Zeth

Well, for a start I don't ask for it before making my pick, and only if the hero is suited for the role.
Beside that, what Hylian7 said:

...And if others insist they want to be the ones in mid lane, I typically let them do it and cross my fingers that they will be competent enough.
I just don't care enough to argue over it.

Pick Pudge, put icon mid, repick at the end.

As soon as you load in spam ME MID in all caps at least 5 times and then place your icon on mid while locking in Pudge

18zmvnzgidithpng.png

Great advice - thanks friends

M I D O R F E E D , P O O L M E T W O T A N G O E S P L E A S E

Hylian7

Hylian its because when retards play Pudge they afk in the jungle, waiting for 2 mins + for a hook WHICH THEY THEN MISS, and all the while the enemy mid has had 5 minutes of freefarm and is 4+ levels ahead

I cant count the number of games ive played where some fruitcake goes mid with Pudge and feeds countless kills tying to be cute and diving towers for no reason
I don't see that too often, sometimes, but it is rare. When I see a Pudge pick, they either know what they are doing, or are like you described.

Also holy crap I never realized his win rate overall was so low. 47%. Mine is 57-58 I think.

JustinBB7

Maybe I'm crazy but I think remote mines kill counter could be screwed up.

Also it's not statis kills its statis stuns.

I do like getting level 2 suicide at 3, it's basically a sure kill at that point. Then I just stop leveling it.

It's mostly the cooldown man, free deny + respawn faster is always good.

Stasis mines take too long to actually work :(

Vade

I don't see that too often, sometimes, but it is rare. When I see a Pudge pick, they either know what they are doing, or are like you described.

Also holy crap I never realized his win rate overall was so low. 47%. Mine is 57-58 I think.

What is your Stormspirit % at?

Aselith

facepalm.gif

quiero mediados
quiero mediados
quiero mediados
quiero mediados
quiero mediados
quiero mediados
quiero mediados
quiero mediados
quiero mediados
quiero mediados
quiero mediados

Jezbollah

Hi DotaGaf. First of all please forgive my noobiness. I have ventured into the non-bot world of DOTA2, and won my first game (yay). Quick question: What is the difference between a normal and ranked match? Cheers (and plz be nice :) )

manfestival

Hi DotaGaf. First of all please forgive my noobiness. I have ventured into the non-bot world of DOTA2, and won my first game (yay). Quick question: What is the difference between a normal and ranked match? Cheers (and plz be nice :) )

ranked gives you an arbitrary number that will affect how you view the game and ultimately ruin your perception of fun in the fleeting attempt to raise your number in hopes that will will increase your enjoyment and skill

Jezbollah

ranked gives you an arbitrary number that will affect how you view the game and ultimately ruin your perception of fun in the fleeting attempt to raise your number in hopes that will will increase your enjoyment and skill

hahaha OK, guess I'll stick with normal games then. Thanks :)

Raytow

facepalm.gif

Mid or feed, seems to be effective.

I havent played a single game with Techies either, but when I got on and queued for Captain's Draft our party found matches in less than a minute when it usually takes at least 10+.

See Techies is making this game better.

Hey, listen. They traded kills 3v1 with a clockwork. I should've played safer, but I like getting kills too much. Although I did fuck up that third time, and I misplaced my ward at the start because I wasn't thinking about the game and thought I was Dark Seer.

FRAUD DETECTED

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So after all heroes are ported are we going to get any NEW heroes exclusive to Dota 2?

Yes, they confirmed this a few weeks ago.

Actually, not sure about exclusivity. They might get added to WC3 dota too.

Assumedly but honestly I don't think icefraud will ever drop wc3 and we'll just always be behind parity.

At this point he does all his balancing via Dota 2, I don't really see a reason to keep Dota around much longer, especially when parity takes months and is sometimes kind of janky because of WC3 limitations.

If someone contests my mid even though I called it first, I'll just sit mid until my lane partner gives up out of frustration.

This is what my brother does. It drives me nuts. Especially when he picks a non-standard mid and does it. I tell him to cut it out, but he doesn't

One time him and another guy crushed the enemy mid to to point of an abandon even though both players were fighting and trying to steal CS and we shouldn't have won that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom