• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razzer

It does seem as though the support Omni isn't working as well as EG's core omni, though sample size has to be considered.

Sentenza

Tonight I bought my first 2 DOTA 2 cosmetics. "Oh, come on, it's just a couple of bucks for each one, don't feel bad about it" is what I kept telling to myself.
But it feels a bit like selling your soul to the devil.

shira

Tonight I bought my first 2 DOTA 2 cosmetics. "Oh, come on, it's just a couple of bucks for each one, don't feel bad about it" is what I kept telling to myself.
But it feels a bit like selling your soul to the devil.

I think I promised myself I would never ever buy DLC. I was gonna take Valve for a ride, playing their game for free.
laugh.gif

sheeeit.gif

this game

BigAT

It's funny how much damage C9 can do even while sitting disabled in Chrono, between Midnight Pulse and DP/Razor ults.

So I was screwing this up too... You have to go into your loadout and equip it manually. If you just double click it in the armory, you just get that message saying that you have to activate it in the game. Usually when you double click something in the armory it automatically equips it, but it isn't working for this right now.
I'm surprised they haven't fixed this yet. It was broken when it was a hidden mode.
Still not working for me.

cry.gif

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
I was watching this stream last night. It was funny to see how the other team was starting to get confident after getting a few kills on Clockwork, then all of a sudden you guys put it into the next gear. Well done!

Hey, listen. They traded kills 3v1 with a clockwork. I should've played safer, but I like getting kills too much. Although I did fuck up that third time, and I misplaced my ward at the start because I wasn't thinking about the game and thought I was Dark Seer.

Hylian7

Techies win rate up to 42%,, officially better hero then anti-mage.
I have yet to see Techies win in a game I was in (including me playing Techies, which was what I expected as it was my first time with the hero)

How do you deal with being countered (gem, necro 3's, etc) though? I was doing alright, then the other team got smart and bought that stuff. I feel like you just become useless after that.

inkls

Wasn't there talk about making a gaming side thread about techies released? Or did that not pan out?

edit:

funfact: the lol champion ziggs was originally going to be the lol equivalent of techies. He was going to be two yordles riding a motorbike and planting explosives until he was redesigned into what hes right now. til.

Taborcarn

Hey, listen. They traded kills 3v1 with a clockwork. I should've played safer, but I like getting kills too much. Although I did fuck up that third time, and I misplaced my ward at the start because I wasn't thinking about the game and thought I was Dark Seer.

I wasn't insulting your play at all. Just mentioning that it seemed like those early kills gave them a false sense of security.

For those of you who feel useless with techies after the opponent gets smart and starts buying wards, use cliffs and corners to your advantage. Put your mines right on the upper edge of a cliff or right around a tree. Get creative.

inkls

Yeah I didn't last long either ...

I think I bought one set in total from the shop. A broodmother set for 5$

...a week before 6.80 ;_;

Otherwise you can get plenty of items for cheap by just selling good item drops to gather a full set, unless you like getting getting special quality items or sets when they're fresh.

Hylian7

For those of you who feel useless with techies after the opponent gets smart and starts buying wards, use cliffs and corners to your advantage. Put your mines right on the upper edge of a cliff or right around a tree. Get creative.
Yeah, just gotta get the hang of it.

I did see a Techies I played against yesterday go Force Staff to push people into mine clusters. I only saw him successfully pull off this maneuver once though. He also refused to suicide because it "wasn't worth it"

Yeah, just gotta get the hang of it.

I did see a Techies I played against yesterday go Force Staff to push people into mine clusters. I only saw him successfully pull off this maneuver once though. He also refused to suicide because it "wasn't worth it"

Venge can easily net you a kill too. Pudge if he's good.

manfestival

clown 9 was good with singsing. They are performing well enough. Especially against a decent LGD team and a struggling NAVI. Their current bracket now aside from VG is pretty easy

I am expecting EG to play against newbee to compete in the finals against VG

inkls

I honestly don't like using suicide as an offensive move past like 15 minutes.

honestly I prefer maxing stasis before suicide squad. It takes such a long time to set up stasis and all for a 3 seconds stun instead of the much better 6 seconds.

I mean, suicide squad is still a good skill and I'd probably go 3-1-1 so i can still deny myself, but otherwise stasis > suicide.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Maybe I'm crazy but I think remote mines kill counter could be screwed up.

Also it's not statis kills its statis stuns.

I do like getting level 2 suicide at 3, it's basically a sure kill at that point. Then I just stop leveling it.

Maybe I'm crazy but I think remote mines kill counter could be screwed up.

Also it's not statis kills its statis stuns.

No, I believe it. I am really bad. I do have 2 mine kills and 3 suicide kills though! (and 1 auto attack kill I wish the game tracked on Techies because of how hard it actually is to do)

Berna

If anyone is interested, The Translational's all-star match will start soon at http://www.twitch.tv/thetranslational or through the free Dota TV ticket (Amateur > Europe).

TRANSLATOR TEAM: Caja (ES), Asplode (FI), Blutsense (DE), Makorus (DE), quiu (PT-BR)
ARTIST TEAM: Danidem, TVidotto, Motenai, Vermilion Wlad, Diredude
VIDEO TEAM: SirActionSlacks, Nigma, trymike4instance, BigPlaysInc420, Swadow

(The Translational is Steam Translation's yearly Dota 2 tournament between language teams and this is the first edition available for everyone to watch.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom