• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initially I started to max Fire Spirits, sounded great in theory and numbers. But while playing, its hard to execute the maximum potential (efficiently burning a single target/group of monsters with 4 seconds of successive casts).

Sun Ray reduces my reaction capabilities, I'd need to turn it OFF every time to do something meaningful during early game.

Mean while Icarus Dive has no mana cost, has lower HP removal compared to Fire Spirits and its easy to harass the enemy since I can land a few normal hits during the dive while burning them with moderate DOT and slow debuff.

But..may be I am not using Fire Spirits or Sun Ray to the maximum potential, but I am getting there.

What about position? support? mid? or offlane?
Personally I found more success mid and offlane.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
What about position? support? mid? or offlane?
Personally I found more success mid and offlane.

Phoenix shines in Off Lane, Tried mid and it doesn't help the team in any way even if I get early Supernova.

I feel Icarus Dive is tailor made for Off Lane, its just so effective.

Edit
Note: Getting Mekansm and Pipe of Insight is awesome for Phoenix, since the the aura (8 HP/sec in total) stays switched on during Super Nova.

So its
.Icarus Dive (burning and slowing enemy MS)
.spam Fire Spirits (slowing down their attack speed), during flight
.use Mekansm
.use Pipe of Insight (magic damage block upto 400 damage)
.go Supernova

total healing upto 306HP
.8HP (one instance of two aura procs) during initiation
.250 HP after using Mekansm
.48HP (six instances of two aura procs) during Supernova

Its just great* (even not taking Sun Ray into account)

shira

Zyori said:
Cyborgmatt is the manager of Team Secret
W
surprise.gif

T
wink.gif

F
crazy.gif

[/Changes all bets to Team Secret]

Phoenix shines in Off Lane, Tried mid and it doesn't help the team in any way even if I get early Supernova.

I feel Icarus Dive is tailor made for Off Lane, its just so effective.

Edit
Note: Getting Mekansm and Pipe of Insight is awesome for Phoenix, since the the aura (8 HP/sec in total) stays switched on during Super Nova.

So its
.Icarus Dive (burning and slowing enemy MS)
.spam Fire Spirits (slowing down their attack speed), during flight
.use Mekansm
.use Pipe of Insight (magic damage block upto 400 damage)
.go Supernova

total healing upto 306HP
.8HP (one instance of two aura procs) during initiation
.250 HP after using Mekansm
.48HP (six instances of two aura procs) during Supernova

Its just great* (even not taking Sun Ray into account)

ty. I agree with maxing dive first, found it more useful early game (280 aoe!)
I liked getting the rod of atos after mek and before pipe for the mana and amazing slow synergy the W.

Acinixys

The best part is that in the draft Synderyn was all like:

Aw this Secret draft is so weak Navi is going to stomp them i dont see how they can win with a core Necro

Heh

FACE

Banned
Watching Kuro and Puppey curbstomp Na'Vi was very satisfying.

The best part is that in the draft Synderyn was all like:

Aw this Secret draft is so weak Navi is going to stomp them i dont see how they can win with a core Necro

Heh

Proof that Io can make anything work.

They battered a top top class team in Na'Vi.

I feel confident saying Notail has the best io in the world, even though I crowned EGM a few months before for having it.

I'll say it here first, Team Secret are the best Dota team I've ever seen off that performance.

Demoli

They battered a top top class team in Na'Vi.

I feel confident saying Notail has the best io in the world, even though I crowned EGM a few months before for having it.

I'll say it here first, Team Secret are the best Dota team I've ever seen off that performance.

Na'Vi is NOT top class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom